Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"He cannot punch," Cormier laughed as he spoke to Opie & Jim Norton (HT: MMA Digest). "He hit me, and I'm like 'Wow! This is actually him punching me as hard as he can.' He can't punch, so he has to throw elbows, kicks, and knees, because he can't punch. He doesn't hit very hard, so he has to do something."

"He does not punch very hard, I'll be honest with you, man. He kicks very hard, he knees very hard, and he elbows hard, but he can't punch."

As for who he believes hits the hardest, Cormier says it's his previous opponent, Rumble.

"Anthony Johnson, 100 percent," he said. "Anthony Johnson hits harder than any other person, no doubt. Every time he hit me, it made me kind of like fly all over the place. He was trying to take my head off. Even when he'd miss, you can hear it."

"Roy Nelson too, was swinging for the fences, and Dan Henderson," he continued. "Dan Henderson, even when you're close and he hits you from very very close, you can feel how heavy his hands are. His hands are pretty powerful."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...rmier-laughs-at-jon-jones-power-he-cant-punch

p2buiephrg5ah45eqlg5.gif

I don't think he's rocked anyone with punches...not that I can remember anyways. Voted 4.

not that I'm really fit to put a number to his power but I went with 7. He did drop Machida with a standing punch if I remember correctly. Sure looked like it.

I don't think he's rocked anyone with punches...not that I can remember anyways. Voted 4.

Yeah JBJ has never really been a power puncher, I honestly can't recall him ever rocking an opponent with punches in the UFC either.

Jon Jones punches like a girl. This is a fact stated already by many of his opponents like Cormier. I would post the video of him and Hannah storm discussing this if I could find it. But believe me, it is truth.

not that I'm really fit to put a number to his power but I went with 7. He did drop Machida with a standing punch if I remember correctly. Sure looked like it.

How could I forget that. Machida lunged right into it
bones1.gif

I like DC but he talks a lot considering Jones decisively beat him in their first fight. I guess Jon's last crappy performance is giving DC confidence.

He dont need to hit u hard m8
0MFNxKJ.gif

Last edited:
I think after being knocked around by Rumble, DC can tell a strong punch from a weak one.

How could I forget that. Machida lunged right into it
bones1.gif

Yeah, that's a simultaneous counter. You hardly even need to add any force, as the momentum that they carry when they meet your fist is power enough in and of itself.

I'd rather hear Cormier talk about his own punching power and KTFO Jones than hear him talk about Jones' lack of punching power and not KTFO Jones.

He doesn't need to punch hard. His fist strikes are very accurate and bothersome, so he can outsource the powershots to his elbows.

Pretty smart, really. The fists are for precision, the elbows are for power.

Last edited:
DCs knocked out who? Bigfoot and Cummins? Yea hes totally a knockout artist himself haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back