⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shogun got beaten down for several rounds at some point everyone goes down espcially from body shots which often don#t need to be that powerful if placed correctly.

Cormier isn't the first to say Jones doesn#t hit that hard nor does watching his fights suggest anything else so safe to say those who actually fought him now better than Sherdog

No doubt. Jones beat shogun with an unprecedented arsenal attacks.

That beautifully placed body shot was the punctuation of the fight.

Jones is clearly not a slugger, a guy who just widly throws punches for the knock out, thats Shogun. Jones is a scientist who dismantles his opponents methodically.

But clearly his punches hurt dropping Machida and Shogun.

DC is probably right, but Jones solidly beat him without knocking him out.

For a guy lile DC thats never lost a round before or been taken down, that has to suck.

He's not above a 6 like a few hundred people have picked.

For a LHW, I have him at 3.

Voted 7.

Because I think that Jones can punch hard when he has the opponent hurt/lined up. I just think that most times, he will not sit down on his punches due to lack of confidence in boxing range.

The scoring will of course be all over the place since no frame of reference was established in the OP. To me, a 6 is mediocre and 8 is getting into hard-hitter range.

What was it that Jones hit Machida with standing before he choked him unconscious? Punch or elbow? I forgot.

What was it that Jones hit Machida with standing before he choked him unconscious? Punch or elbow? I forgot.
1 superman to drop him.
7.gif

He doesn't hit hard; but he's still a great fighter. Sweat Pea didn't have any power at all; but is an all time great boxer.

I know Pernell knocked out people but he landed clean counters all day, if he had power he'd have ko'd almost everyone.

I voted 7 out of 10. Doesn't have ko power. But is a good striker.

As of this post, only 158 Sherdoggers have voted "above a 6", so I'm not sure you should be in charge of interpreting any numbers.

Ok, 150 + . I'm not resigning from interpretating numbers though. The actual number of people should be zero. Your ability to judge punching power is quite the shits with your 7 vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back