⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why punch when he can poke? Well it is mma where eye pokes lead to a W.

Jones definitely should mind, if he could box he'd be invincible. Instead its been a big vulnerability and has lead to him taking a lot of damage.

He’s only taking damage in one fight his whole career. And it wasn’t DC.

JSMX.gif

Jones knocked down prime machida and

also so what if jones doesn't have the most punching power? it's fucking MMA
jones KO'ed cormier anyway and made him cry like a bitch
whereas Rumble, hardest puncher in the division, did nothing

DC actually hit Jones a lot in the rematch
but to his credit, Jones has a great chin

He has an incredible chin. But talking about sustained damage Alexander is the only one that did that. Getting hit hard a few times that obviously is going to happen at the level of competition we are talking about. DC is one of the best of all time.

DC cracked him a lot as well. Obviously the Gus fight was by far the most damaging contest though.

DC did crack him but it wasn’t really damage. He has a great chin and the only time I saw him take actual damage where you were wondering if he could go the distance was the Alexander fight..

DC did crack him but it wasn’t really damage. He has a great chin and the only time I saw him take actual damage where you were wondering if he could go the distance was the Alexander flight.
I mean, he didn't get rocked or anything (not sure I've ever seen Jon rocked), but great chin or not your brain still gets rattled around when you get uppercut over and over and your head gets jerked around. DC doesn't carry the same kind of power at 205 that he does at HW, but Jon still took a lot of shots there. Not close to being stopped or anything but that's still damage.

Back to my original point, the reason DC could land on him like that is due to Jon's poor boxing. He has some dangerous instincts in respect to defense and not much power in his hands. Given how incredible Jon is everywhere else, its definitely the area he should be focussing on.

I mean, he didn't get rocked or anything (not sure I've ever seen Jon rocked), but great chin or not your brain still gets rattled around when you get uppercut over and over and your head gets jerked around. DC doesn't carry the same kind of power at 205 that he does at HW, but Jon still took a lot of shots there. Not close to being stopped or anything but that's still damage.

Back to my original point, the reason DC could land on him like that is due to Jon's poor boxing. He has some dangerous instincts in respect to defense and not much power in his hands. Given how incredible Jon is everywhere else, its definitely the area he should be focussing on.

Fair enough I agree from the point of view that we have seen guys with great Chins take punches with no problem, and then all the sudden the day comes when they can no longer take that punch. His pure boxing is not great. But his overall creative striking is. Outside of maybe the Alexander fight nobody ever really was able to outstrike him. He seems to be working on the boxing a lot in training. But being constantly on suspension obviously doesn’t help matters. He continues to be his own worst enemy.

JSMX.gif

Jones knocked down prime machida and

also so what if jones doesn't have the most punching power? it's fucking MMA
jones KO'ed cormier anyway and made him cry like a bitch
whereas Rumble, hardest puncher in the division, did nothing
Machida flew head first into his fist.

Everything Cormier said is true: he kicks, knees and elbows hard, but his punches are not hard. It is normal tho, as power punchers are guys with thicc trunks, like Earnie Shavers, not string beans like Juicin.

Rumble is a hard puncher but bad gas tank.....Maia has a great ground game but poor striking...the list can go on all day. He was not saying Jones was not a good fighter, but just pointing out his strengths and weaknesses that all fighters have.

Machida flew head first into his fist.

Everything Cormier said is true: he kicks, knees and elbows hard, but his punches are not hard. It is normal tho, as power punchers are guys with thicc trunks, like Earnie Shavers, not string beans like Juicin.

Rumble is a hard puncher but bad gas tank.....Maia has a great ground game but poor striking...the list can go on all day. He was not saying Jones was not a good fighter, but just pointing out his strengths and weaknesses that all fighters have.

Machida in that fight you could see it once it went to the ground and he got cut bad by the elbow he was finished. He was woozy and just had nothing left.

I'd say 5. He isn't a boxer so it's all good, he's just a flat out badass in MMA.

What's more funny is DC telling Jones "Don't think you're going to kick me in the head with your left leg."

and thats why jones would get murked at heavyweight. dude is pillow fisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back