⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to see Jones make DC cry like a baby again. Jones > DC 10/10.

Doesn't matter a fuck if he doesn't have KO power in his punches

Jones holds a 3-0 record in brawls against DC, and lives totally rent free in his head, it's great to watch DC talk about him at every turn, then pretend he doesn't care.

Hearns was the first exception to the rule that came to mind but in boxing there are more freaks that fit that mold - to be super-tall and skinny in MMA is usually a huge weakness, as it means you are exposed to wrestlers.

Jones is just a freak in his skill-set and build.
Yup.

I've said this time and again as so many people cry 'oh my gawd, look at his reach, that is so unfair'.

For most of MMA history Jones build was looked at as a disadvantage. The prime Fedor and Cormier body type was looked at as ideal and the advantage. SHorter more stalky and powerful arms and legs. The ability to bully inside on the longer guys and grab a limb or to kick them in the legs and snap those toothpicks.

Having long limbs like Jones does is a disadvantage generally that only becomes a benefit if you are good enough to keep the stalkier guy off you.

I hate Jones personality but he is a true freak when it comes to fighting.

Float like a butterfly sting like butterfly

I saw this looking for something else:

Jon Jones admits he lacks punching power - "I couldn't bust a grape"

Jon Jones is adamant that punching power is a serious weakness in his mixed martial arts game.

. . .

“I haven’t knocked out anything,” Jones said recently at a press conference.

“Rampage said I couldn’t bust a grape, and I think that's true.”

#honestfighter

I think after being knocked around by Rumble, DC can tell a strong punch from a weak one.
I think he’s a bitter little girl after 2 losses

Did you hear him say Nunes vs Cyborg was the real main event? He can’t get over John beats him 10/10

Hey I remember this thread.

Pretty sore loser if you ask me.

He wouldn't have the cardio to be a volume striker if it wasn't for steroids. He wouldn't be strong enough to hold off wrestlers without steroids. He lost a wrestling tournament to Matt Riddle without steroids. Jones is a fraud .

I like DC but he talks a lot considering Jones decisively beat him in their first fight. I guess Jon's last crappy performance is giving DC confidence.

DC has not tested positive like 10 times. We will never know how Jon Jones performs when he is not on PEDs

Well technically....wasn't it a punch that ktfo DC?

"He cannot punch," Cormier laughed as he spoke to Opie & Jim Norton (HT: MMA Digest). "He hit me, and I'm like 'Wow! This is actually him punching me as hard as he can.' He can't punch, so he has to throw elbows, kicks, and knees, because he can't punch. He doesn't hit very hard, so he has to do something."

"He does not punch very hard, I'll be honest with you, man. He kicks very hard, he knees very hard, and he elbows hard, but he can't punch."

As for who he believes hits the hardest, Cormier says it's his previous opponent, Rumble.

"Anthony Johnson, 100 percent," he said. "Anthony Johnson hits harder than any other person, no doubt. Every time he hit me, it made me kind of like fly all over the place. He was trying to take my head off. Even when he'd miss, you can hear it."

"Roy Nelson too, was swinging for the fences, and Dan Henderson," he continued. "Dan Henderson, even when you're close and he hits you from very very close, you can feel how heavy his hands are. His hands are pretty powerful."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...rmier-laughs-at-jon-jones-power-he-cant-punch

Think you forgetting this ain't boxing. Wins don't count more because they involve fist hitting face. For all Rumble's power he had no cardio and that's why he couldn't compete with top guys after the first round. The beautiful thing about Jones's reach and MT is he can use his kicks and elbows like a second and third set of fists. Jones KO'd DC who cares what part of his body he used to put him to sleep? If only hands are allowed go into boxing.

But yeah if Jones fights at HW, he might end up with some heavy hands. DC was no KO artist when he cut weight, some extra poundage later and he's nuking Stipe. But clearly Jones has proven OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that heavy elbows, knees and feet>>>heavy hands.

It's comments like this that have made me really dislike DC. Losing admirably is one thing but this dude has tried to turn losing into winning and it just bothers me.

Last edited:
He ought to jump in with Ngannou and feel the touch of death. A punch he won't even be able to remember to talk about.

jones doesnt have punching power its not a secret, but he is accurate and can land enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back