✌️✌️VOTING THREAD "B" - UFC 211 - MS Paint Contest

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 20 FROM THE TWO THREADS COMBINED. THIS IS ONE BIG VOTING POOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Vasili mad skillz bro. How'd you get so good?

Also, Please forgive me for not knowing... but what did the armadillo reference mean?

Thanks for all the voters from the maker of B8.

It's actually quite surprising that such an annoyingly hipsterish design did find its audience.

The backstory behind my creation isn't too complicated, since I simply bolted the word "arthralgia" next to the similarly sounding armadillos, which by some unknown reason quickly came in my mind by thinking about the state where the event was held.

This was probably the first time in the current millennium I fired up this pleasantly archaic piece of software, so I probably shouldn't give tips to anybody, but at least in my case zooming in was the key to success. I did that even when it wasn't actually necessary and always drew with a particularly slow hand. I did use a cheating device called Wacom Intuos 3, but outside of those hairline shadows, everything should be easily enough accomplished with a common mouse. I should also mention, that using only the pencil tool and two colors at the time did speed up the process a lot and made the outcome more crisp and clean. I figured out that when I was about halfway done and therefore there are still hints of green mixed with red or blue caused by painting over the green sketching lines with a brush tool.

@Masato Toys holy shit brother that was an excellent effort, really blew me away. not just the skills but the humour of the concept, DCs expression, and the sly joint getting rolled on the side. magnificent

Thanks for all the voters from the maker of B8.

It's actually quite surprising that such an annoyingly hipsterish design did find its audience.

The backstory behind my creation isn't too complicated, since I simply bolted the word "arthralgia" next to the similarly sounding armadillos, which by some unknown reason quickly came in my mind by thinking about the state where the event was held.

This was probably the first time in the current millennium I fired up this pleasantly archaic piece of software, so I probably shouldn't give tips to anybody, but at least in my case zooming in was the key to success. I did that even when it wasn't actually necessary and always drew with a particularly slow hand. I did use a cheating device called Wacom Intuos 3, but outside of those hairline shadows, everything should be easily enough accomplished with a common mouse. I should also mention, that using only the pencil tool and two colors at the time did speed up the process a lot and made the outcome more crisp and clean. I figured out that when I was about halfway done and therefore there are still hints of green mixed with red or blue caused by painting over the green sketching lines with a brush tool.

if you have some more artwork, im sure plenty here would love to see it man, myself included

@TigerUpperKut dude i got you wrong! i assumed that b1 was yours simply because i assumed you would win! strong effort tho man, got you through to the next round and i believe on any given night you can always win the comp!

vde79y.jpg

Hey everyone that was hella fun

1st place Group B = Well desreved, lolol that is a genius shoop on all levels. Absolutely hilarious

Can't wait for the next round!!! Thanks to everyone for participating, this community is amazing

later!!!

PS props to Empty Emp too, his shoop killed me. Still my #1 Shoopa, and dude can MS Paint too!! Maybe we'll have another MT-Emp showdown in the finals!! :D :D

Also thanks to Emp for taking over the contest, good vibes to BigWaveRider while he's away

@Masato Toys holy shit brother that was an excellent effort, really blew me away. not just the skills but the humour of the concept, DCs expression, and the sly joint getting rolled on the side. magnificent
Masato is a five tool player bro, he is everything that is MMA humor and an excellent illustratior all in one package.

@TigerUpperKut dude i got you wrong! i assumed that b1 was yours simply because i assumed you would win! strong effort tho man, got you through to the next round and i believe on any given night you can always win the comp!

thanks bro. but i keep telling everyone, i'm not the one to beat. there are very talented and creative people in this competition. and a lot more experience than me

thanks bro. but i keep telling everyone, i'm not the one to beat. there are very talented and creative people in this competition. and a lot more experience than me
I'm bringing the big guns for the final. I might have scraped through on a technicality but it's ON now!

@Empty Emp you're not getting another title unless it's over my dead body!!

I'm bringing the big guns for the final. I might have scraped through on a technicality but it's ON now!

yea, someone, anyone needs to stop emp's streak. he killing the shoop competition, let's not let this dude take over the paints

dude you definitely got the skills to put you up there, definitely in with a great chance

dude you definitely got the skills to put you up there, definitely in with a great chance
plus terrible looking ones are actually liked by many too, can't predict how they will vote :)

it's how I managed to qualify ahead of far better entries like @Chramelated's masterpiece

Nobody's stopping me from getting that Triple Crown!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back