【Official】Mirko Cro Cop vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka

I guess it works for the Japanese audience which is the main thing for Rizin, not feeling it though personally. Wish they could somehow get CC/Fedor 2 done.

I understand that but tk is an elderly human.

Ksw Champ Marcin Rozalski was throwing his name out there, Mirko would have sell the fight alone no need for tk
No chance.
Rozalski has too much tattoos. Japanese TV can't broadcast his fight.

This really isn't that bad of a fight considering the circumstances.

He out-cardioed James Thompson before that. It's not like Baruto did anything to "win."
Horrible matchup no way to defend this shit

Cro Cop also said in that post that he still does not know anything, so there is still a possibility that he will refuse Koshaka and fight somebody else.
I hope he refuses this fight

What ? Kosaka is 47’ coming of a loss to Baruto! Nothing good about this fight imo.

I honestly agree with you but this the issue for cc fights these days.

In a competitive aspect he is much better off than all of the athletes from his generation.
His physical skill set has been very diminished what he's been able to compensate for it with Superior technique and good timing.

The issue with that is that's no opponents that makes sense for him. He's going to destroy anybody from his generation and fighters that can equal him don't have the name recognition for him to compete against.

And if they do have the name recognition and the skill set they are usually going to be a very good up and comer why would you as their manager put them at risk.

Horrible matchup no way to defend this shit

I'd put it less on Rizin and more on Cro Cop -- and maybe even on said 15 years the junior fighters. We always have to remember that most fighters will accept fights if they think they are making enough money to offset anything that happens in the bout. Maybe Cro Cop is talking out of his ass about the younger fighters not wanting to face him. Maybe they were never offered the opportunity. We'll never know for sure. NYE has traditionally been about a showcase anyhow.

If he wanted to fight better competition he'd go fight in Bellator, unless Bellator doesn't want him, which I doubt. He doesn't have to be tied down to an exclusive deal, so what's the problem? Why doesn't Filipovic fight there? Did he give the UFC his word he'd never fight in the States in order to secure a release? Is this kept secret as a negotiating ploy?

That's why I said "considering the circumstances." I don't think anyone would be happy with any match up. Kharitonov or Kongo could have been named as an opponent and people can just as easily say "this isn't 2006" or "these guys are both too old."

If they wanted to a more competitive fight with someone on Rizin's active roster, they could have put him up against Jerome LeBanner with kick boxing rules.

WTF? They might as well just force TK to commit seppuku in the ring.

I honestly agree with you but this the issue for cc fights these days.

In a competitive aspect he is much better off than all of the athletes from his generation.
His physical skill set has been very diminished what he's been able to compensate for it with Superior technique and good timing.

The issue with that is that's no opponents that makes sense for him. He's going to destroy anybody from his generation and fighters that can equal him don't have the name recognition for him to compete against.

And if they do have the name recognition and the skill set they are usually going to be a very good up and comer why would you as their manager put them at risk.
Yes Mirko is not your typical 45 year old man. Like you said he will destroy any other fighter from his generation including Fedor

I'd put it less on Rizin and more on Cro Cop -- and maybe even on said 15 years the junior fighters. We always have to remember that most fighters will accept fights if they think they are making enough money to offset anything that happens in the bout. Maybe Cro Cop is talking out of his ass about the younger fighters not wanting to face him. Maybe they were never offered the opportunity. We'll never know for sure. NYE has traditionally been about a showcase anyhow.

If he wanted to fight better competition he'd go fight in Bellator, unless Bellator doesn't want him, which I doubt. He doesn't have to be tied down to an exclusive deal, so what's the problem? Why doesn't Filipovic fight there? Did he give the UFC his word he'd never fight in the States in order to secure a release? Is this kept secret as a negotiating ploy?

That's why I said "considering the circumstances." I don't think anyone would be happy with any match up. Kharitonov or Kongo could have been named as an opponent and people can just as easily say "this isn't 2006" or "these guys are both too old."

If they wanted to a more competitive fight with someone on Rizin's active roster, they could have put him up against Jerome LeBanner with kick boxing rules.

Turbo nitro Mirko can only fight in Japan. He can piss hot in Bellator. I understand him wanting to fight only in Japan. But it’s so stupid to put an old 73 year old man like TK against Mirko. Christ Mirko just run over King mo, aliakbari in his last fights. He can actually kill TK lol

Yes Mirko is not your typical 45 year old man. Like you said he will destroy any other fighter from his generation including Fedor

I got some ok....names for him to fight.

Pedro Rizzo
Fábio Maldonado
Ricco Rodriguez
Gan McGee
Gilbert Yvel
Ricardo Arona

I got some ok....names for him to fight.

Pedro Rizzo
Fábio Maldonado
Ricco Rodriguez
Gan McGee
Gilbert Yvel
Ricardo Arona
Lol!

All joking aside I always wanted back in the day to see Yvel vs Mirko.

Turbo nitro Mirko can only fight in Japan. He can piss hot in Bellator. I understand him wanting to fight only in Japan. But it’s so stupid to put an old 73 year old man like TK against Mirko. Christ Mirko just run over King mo, aliakbari in his last fights. He can actually kill TK lol

Personally, those tournament bouts looked highly suspect to me. Another reason to stay away from Bellator.

I wouldn't consider Tsuyoshi Kohsaka a meaningful opponent. Not excited.

a MMA retirement not sticking?!?!?!

I'm stunned.....

mirko is only 4 years younger than tk, 'so they are same age'...... anyone saw last weekend fujita (47) vs aorigele (22) ??

mirko is only 4 years younger than tk, 'so they are same age'...... anyone saw last weekend fujita (47) vs aorigele (22) ??
Forget about mirko’s age he is not a typical 40 something athlete.

He will ko TK, fujita and aorigele in the same night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back