【Top5】Greatest Japanese Fighters in MMA history

TK!...how could i forgot him!

Takada was huuge in Japan...but most of his fights were all works...i think he also grabbed deep into Saku's pocket...
Karma catched up to him at Pride23...when he lost his worked match, he was supposed to win, by KO against Tamura, in his retirement fight...lol...getting kicked deep into the nuts...needed minutes to recover...fight continues...he rans over to Tamura like a bull and gets knocked the fuck out by a single shot...

Edit:
BUT nobody can get me more hyped up to a JMMA Event than Takada, when he is playing the drums allmost naked!
It is just freaking awesome
Takada I gotta huge respect for he was old school and trained under Karl gotch

But he let him self down in worked fights he was legit

Maybe not the "greatest" resume-wise, but Horiguchi is by far the best JMMA fighter of all time as far as skill goes.

Aoki deserves a high spot for his longevity alone. He isn't showing too many signs of deterioration and still seems to be evolving his game with improved striking and ground and pound.

My opinion is
1 Kazushi Sakuraba
2 Shinya Aoki
3 Takanori Gomi
4 Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto
5 Hayato "Mach" Sakurai

What's your opinion?

Sakurai should be #1.
Aoki should be #6.
Uno should be in top 5.

Suzuki doesn't get love and he was more badass than funaki
I rate him over masa

Funaki suzuki saku top 5
Sak I think top 5

Eh I kinda disagree about Funaki and Suzuki.
They were back and forth fighters in Pancrase, mixing their wins losses with Shamrocks, Bas and Delucia - but they have never been the best in their divisions.
Saku was - uncrowned LHW kind after beating Vitor.
Uno was basically the best fighter under MW in the beginning of MMA, for quite a long time. And even after Pulver took this pedestal from him, he still was competitive at LW for a long long time, being a top 10 LW for at least 3-4 years after

Eh I kinda disagree about Funaki and Suzuki.
They were back and forth fighters in Pancrase, mixing their wins losses with Shamrocks, Bas and Delucia - but they have never been the best in their divisions.
Saku was - uncrowned LHW kind after beating Vitor.
Uno was basically the best fighter under MW in the beginning of MMA, for quite a long time. And even after Pulver took this pedestal from him, he still was competitive at LW for a long long time, being a top 10 LW for at least 3-4 years after
Funaki n Suzuki were top guys in their time
No 1

Funaki n Suzuki were top guys in their time
No 1

What do you consider "their time"? 93-94?
They weren't. Sorry, but even though Pancrase had a lot of good fighters, the best of the best of this era was in the UFC. And he was a small guy with a funny accent, wearing a gi and loving Disneyland

What do you consider "their time"? 93-94?
They weren't. Sorry, but even though Pancrase had a lot of good fighters, the best of the best of this era was in the UFC. And he was a small guy with a funny accent, wearing a gi and loving Disneyland
Funaki in 94 Suzuki 95 Ken 96
Best fighters were in pancrase

Funaki in 94 Suzuki 95 Ken 96
Best fighters were in pancrase

Funaki definitely was not better than Royce at 94. 94 was Royce's best year, where he actually overcame more interesting and tough opponents in the UFC
95 was Severn and Ken. No way it was Suzuki , it wasn't even the best year in his career.

96 indeed was a year where the #1 fighter was in Pancrase, but it wasn't Ken.
It was Bas.

Back