1,000 sick with Norovirus at 32 schools in northern California's Yolo County

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nearly 1,000 students, teachers and staff in 32 schools in northern California's Yolo County have contracted the gastrointestinal illness norovirus, the county announced Friday.

"Over 952 students, teachers and staff are sick with stomach cramps, vomiting and/or diarrhea in schools throughout Yolo County," the county said in a press release, citing the findings of the Yolo County Health & Human Services Agency.

"The number of sick people is increasing every day at a very alarming rate," the release continues. "The outbreak has been identified and confirmed by specimen testing to be the norovirus which is highly contagious. norovirus commonly spreads through touching surfaces contaminated with the virus, close contact with someone who is infected or eating contaminated food or drink."

Aside from public schools, the University of California, Davis, is also affected. Yolo County includes the area west of Sacramento.

Dr. Ron Chapman, Yolo County's Public Health Officer, is urging residents to stay home if there is any sign of illness such as stomach pain, fever, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. He is also urging people to stay home for an additional 48 hours after symptoms are gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nearly-1-...-northern-090202998--abc-news-topstories.html

Man, I had Norovirus before and it sucks, when you fart diarrhea comes out, you basically shit yourself.

I had a horrible indigestion after eating some fresh veggies I bought at the grocery. I didn't feel well like 4 or 5 hours later, I couldn't burp and I felt bloated, I woke up and felt nausea sat on the toilet and nothing would come out but I felt like going, So I drank some cold Soda and I burped and felt better, than a minute or two I threw up the food I ate, I ran to the toilet and took a dump and felt relieved.

I went back to bed after taking a shower.

an hour later I had to turn to the restroom again and took another dump, went back to bed felt weak and dehydrated like my muscles were so sore, and I farted and I shat myself had to change my undies.

My folks had to buy me electrolyte drinks because I needed fluid since the runs made me dehydrated and Adult diapers I was in bed for at least 4-5 days and lost 10 pounds, I couldn't eat, I had to force myself to eat soup and some crackers.

Damn lol. Its like one of those virus goes wild movies, except with poop instead of death

Had it once as well. Absolutely awful. I remember standing up to take a piss while in the hospital and just shitting all over myself.

#YOLO, and then you die of Norovirus... Covered in your own shit.

News from Shart Week...

iX2qw7.gif

holy shit there is a county called Yolo IRL? lmao this is hilarious.

also sucks for te people sick

Quick put them all on various United Airlines flights. Thats usually how the CDC handles shit like this right?

Thats hilarious. I hope someone I know gets it
Man, I had Norovirus before and it sucks, when you fart diarrhea comes out, you basically shit yourself.

I had a horrible indigestion after eating some fresh veggies I bought at the grocery. I didn't feel well like 4 or 5 hours later, I couldn't burp and I felt bloated, I woke up and felt nausea sat on the toilet and nothing would come out but I felt like going, So I drank some cold Soda and I burped and felt better, than a minute or two I threw up the food I ate, I ran to the toilet and took a dump and felt relieved.

an hour later I had to turn to the restroom again and took another dump, went back to bed felt weak and dehydrated like my muscles were so sore, and I farted and I shat myself had to change my undies.

My folks had to buy me electrolyte drinks because I needed fluid since the runs made me dehydrated and Adult diapers I was in bed for at least 4-5 days and lost 10 pounds, I couldn't eat, I had to force myself to eat soup and some crackers.

Had it once as well. Absolutely awful. I remember standing up to take a piss while in the hospital and just shitting all over myself.

Yep I had it before and it will fuck you up bad in a matter of hours and stopping it from spreading is basically impossible unless you have a complete lockdown of an entire area. There was even a case where a reusable grocery bag that a girl had transferred that shit to a whole bunch of other girls who got sick from it and the girls neven came in contact with the infected girl.

The worst part besides the weak muscles and constantly shitting yourself, is lack of appetite and not wanting to even drink fluids. A lot of people who get this have to get an IV to get nutrients because they dont even want to drink fluids during this time. I just forced myself to drink gatorade and eat some white crackers.

But when I got better, I ate like a pig, I was eating steaks, and all types of food when my appetite came back.

Yep I had it before and it will fuck you up bad in a matter of hours and stopping it from spreading is basically impossible unless you have a complete lockdown of an entire area. There was even a case where a reusable grocery bag that a girl had transferred that shit to a whole bunch of other girls who got sick from it and the girls neven came in contact with the infected girl.

It will really make you feel weak, like you can barely get up, it hits you hard but whats strange is it wont hit you until a few hours later and it hits hard like an acute attack very strange stuff.

My mom and dad and brother got sick too, its extremely contagious. My mom was handling my laundry and washed her hands with soap really good cooked food for the family and a few hours later she got sick too and then my dad and brother, my sisters didn't get sick because they didn't eat the food my mom cooked.

That stuff is contagious even antibacterial soap doesn't kill it completely if my mom as able to transfer it too the food after washing her hands. It also lasts on surface for 7 days, shit doesnt die easily, a lot of viruses will die off within a few hours on counters, not the Noro.

Good thing my mom bought like 15 electrolyte bottles because we were all bed ridden for a few days, I was already getting better but the doctor said don't go out for another day or two and clean your rooms and wash and bleach your beddings, clothes etc.

The virus was extremely contagious.

Not sure how true this is but My friend told me it usually spreads from human feces like a dirty farm worker wiping his ass and than touching the produce when picking and packing it.

1,000 sick with Norovirus at 32 schools in northern California's Yolo County

<WellThere>

Norwalk fucking sucks.

I have only had it once, but I lost 18 pounds or so in 8 hours and had to go on IV. I only know that because they weighed me after IV and asked how much I normally weigh.

It sucked. 7PM, not feeling right so I lie down. 8PM Run to the toilet and barf. 8:05PM, sit on toilet and projectile blast liquid from my ass. Feel better for about 10 minutes after I vomit, try to lie down and sleep. Repeat. Over and over and over.
It was around 3AM when i was getting delirious. And I am not kidding. i mean throwing up and having the squirts almost on the clock every 20 minutes.

At which point my fiancee drove me to emerg and they gave me a "Dissolve under your tongue for Chemo patients" antinausea med. At one point, my diarrhea was all blood towards the 3AM mark.

By this point, i was in baaaad shape. They shoved me on IV.

I was not throwing up after that day, but I was in shit shape for at least 3-4 days and then my kids got seriously ill and I had to forget I was sick and stay with them in kids emerg for 5 days. At the time, my twins were 1 year old and that was the scariest worst week of my life because of how sick they were. As it turned out, they had RSV, not norwalk like me, but they were having trouble breathing and were on oxygen and alarms would go off when their oxygen levels dropped below the limit.

Back