1/3 of stranger killings in the US committed by police

No knock raids are one of the more insidious practices of modern policing. IMO if you kill a cop who is performing a no knock raid you should have a case for self defense and there are times when people get off on that argument.

....After they've spent their life savings, liquidated their house and everything else to get rid of the charge. Lose lose if the cops want to go Stasi.

The murder rate in the US is 5.5 times higher in the US, but the police killings rate is a staggering 125 times higher. I'd sure say that seems alarming.

I agree that the majority certainly will be justified shootings still, but even so, I believe police tactics and education need a review.
More like German police are 125x less likely to want to get back to their families.

Judged solely from shows like "Cops" and incidents from the news or youtube, but American police and their interaction with the public seems nothing at all like my experience with cops here.
Not even Victorian cops, who are the most trigger happy.

American policing is a tragic parody. You just have to look some of the stories that come out, it's like Monty Python,

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

American Police force actively rejects applicants that are "too smart".

American policing is a tragic parody. You just have to look some of the stories that come out, it's like Monty Python,

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

American Police force actively rejects applicants that are "too smart".

I've always heard that, and never saw it linked or cited before. Great post. The worst thing you want for a law enforcer is a moral actor that thinks about right and wrong beyond the law.... in other words exactly what we have now.

I've always heard that, and never saw it linked or cited before. Great post. The worst thing you want for a law enforcer is a moral actor that thinks about right and wrong beyond the law.... in other words exactly what we have now.

Also the training has been subcontracted out since 9/11 to Israel, who police differently as they're an occupying force, not a police force with citizens.

Thousands of American law enforcement officers frequently travel for training to one of the few countries where policing and militarism are even more deeply intertwined than they are here: Israel.

In the aftermath of 9/11, Israel seized on its decades-long experience as an occupying force to brand itself as a world leader in counterterrorism. U.S. law enforcement agencies took the Jewish state up on its expertise by participating in exchange programs sponsored by an array of pro-Israel groups, like the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, and the Anti-Defamation League. Over the past decade and a half, scores of top federal, state, and local police officers from dozens of departments from across the U.S. have gone to Israel to learn about its terrorism-focused policing.

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/15...aining-adl-human-rights-abuses-dc-washington/

So, clearly by this article, our children are more at risk from police officers than mass shootings, or kidnappings. Except, most of those 1,500 shootings per year are justified. People armed with weapons either shooting at police, attacking police, or even trying to commit suicide by cop. Sprinkled in with a few actually bad shoots like an unarmed person here and there, but the majority of police shootings are legitimate. Kids in bigger cities are much more at risk being shot by other kids, see Chicago, Detroit, philly, and many others.

Stupid fucking article with flipping coins, a bunch of hypothetical n=a, divided by fuck you.

So, clearly by this article, our children are more at risk from police officers than mass shootings, or kidnappings. Except, most of those 1,500 shootings per year are justified. People armed with weapons either shooting at police, attacking police, or even trying to commit suicide by cop. Sprinkled in with a few actually bad shoots like an unarmed person here and there, but the majority of police shootings are legitimate. Kids in bigger cities are much more at risk being shot by other kids, see Chicago, Detroit, philly, and many others.

Stupid fucking article with flipping coins, a bunch of hypothetical n=a, divided by fuck you.
I dunno man. Your statistical analysis isn't exactly scientific here.

not to derail this, someone on here years ago shared this crazy website dedicated to the strange phenomenon of cops/law enforcement all across NA killing dogs. it wasn't bullshit either - it was funded/sponsored by a bunch of dog & animal protection non profit organizations etc. they somehow were able to compile legitimate incidents with daily updates, providing videos (super graphic) of dogs being shot & the uproar surrounding each one. they straight up shared the names & info of these officers, as well as their stations etc. putting them on blast.

anyone remember or happen to know this site I'm speaking of?
That shit russles my jimmes the most. I couldn't imagine how upset I would be if a cop shot my pupper.

When my kid was in kindergarten, he was given the "Stranger Danger" talk by his teacher.

I thought that we as a society have moved away from the compulsory "Stranger Danger" curriculum in schools, since the vast majority of people who injure or kidnap children are people they know: estranged parents, family "friends", neighbors, etc.

If the article posted is true, then doesn't that give even more weight to the fact that we need to rethink "Stranger Danger" since you are told to always trust your parent, your teacher, and the police?

who tells people to trust the police?

Back