1 shot in Hamilton: Post #68 paramedics charged with failure to provide the necessities of life

gatchaman

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A picture of the suspect is in the article. I recommend a ban on 3 a.m. to 4 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/al-haswani-burningsky-king-1.4431977

Hamilton police ID alleged gunman in Saturday killing
Dale Burningsky King, 19, wanted for shooting Brock student Yosif Al-Hasnawi

Hamilton police have arrested one suspect in the Saturday shooting death of Yosif Al-Hasnawi, and are searching for a second man they say is armed and dangerous.

Yosif Al-Hasnawi, 19, was shot and killed near a mosque in Hamilton's central lower city on Saturday evening.

Police have arrested and charged James Anthony Robert Matheson, 20, with being an accessory after the fact to murder. Homicide detectives found him at a downtown home at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday.

Al-Hasnawi, a Brock University medical sciences student, was shot just after 9 p.m. Saturday, while on a break from a religious celebration at the Al-Mostafa Islamic Centre on Main Street East.

Outside with his younger brother, he noticed two people "accosting" an older man, police said. Al-Hasnawi called out for them to stop, attracting their attention.

The suspects crossed Main Street "where they then had an interaction," with Al-Hasnawi and "then took off," east toward Sanford Street.

Al-Hasnawi was shot near Main and Sanford, Bereziuk said.

Police are also looking for the older man too.

Witnesses have been critical of the paramedics.

Paramedics seemed to believe Al-Hasnawi had been shot with a pellet gun, some witnesses said.

Rip to the vic...

Hopefully it wasn't due to ethnocentrrism/racism etc...

So fucking stupid, and needless violence.

Rip to the vic...

Hopefully it wasn't due to ethnocentrrism/racism etc...

So fucking stupid, and needless violence.
The shooter was in an argument with an older guy, the victim walked up to try to and break things up and got shot.

I personally didn't know pellet guns could kill. Sad story, just goes to show that being a good Samaritan rarely pays off.

The shooter was in an argument with an older guy, the victim walked up to try to and break things up and got shot.

I personally didn't know pellet guns could kill. Sad story, just goes to show that being a good Samaritan rarely pays off.

It's the duty of every able bodied person to stand up for what is just and right, and to confront injustice or evil...

Yea, but I understand why people do not.

Apparently paramedics delayed treatment according to family. I think there will be some claims of islamophobia on this case regardless of why the paramedics fucked up,if they indeed did so. Very noble way to die I will add.

And yes some pellet guns can most certainly kill a person. If he was shot with that and they delayed treatment because of it they are stupid as hell.

Sad, killed for just trying to stop an argument/fight.

I personally didn't know pellet guns could kill.

He wasn't killed with a pellet gun, the witnesses are saying the paramedics did a shitty job and initially thought he was shot with a pellet gun and were allegedly telling the victim he was fine, and that he was acting. They also took him to a hospital that was further away than a trauma centre.

Where the fuck is Hamilton?

It's a city in Ontario, Canada you brainlet.

doesn't sound like a hate crime

He wasn't killed with a pellet gun, the witnesses are saying the paramedics did a shitty job and initially thought he was shot with a pellet gun and were allegedly telling the victim he was fine, and that he was acting. They also took him to a hospital that was further away than a trauma centre.

do you have the original sized pic of your av? that shit is hilarious

Well I have to wonder if they either found a pellet gun or the caliber of hole was so small it made them think that,otherwise I can’t see where they would have thought that to begin with. I’m thinking there must be more to this story other than two paramedics negligence.

It sounds like the paramedics screwed up royally and didn't take the victim seriously. Majorly bad.

Well I have to wonder if they either found a pellet gun or the caliber of hole was so small it made them think that,otherwise I can’t see where they would have thought that to begin with. I’m thinking there must be more to this story other than two paramedics negligence.

Yeah who knows. I'd probably guess small caliber handgun like a .22 was used, maybe there wasn't much blood, maybe victim seemed fine other than having difficulty breathing, negligence, poor training, paramedics were dicks and didn't believe him, a combination of those things, etc.

do you have the original sized pic of your av? that shit is hilarious

Best I got:

https://i.imgur.com/sxMqlwM.jpg

I work with a guy that has pellet guns and he has assured me they can definitely kill you.

I've owned two pellet guns and I'm not surprised tbh. Sure they're not designed or optimal for killing people but I could see the potential since I first got one. Hit someone in the right spot and it could get ugly as it did here.

Back