1 shot in Hamilton: Post #68 paramedics charged with failure to provide the necessities of life

I work with a guy that has pellet guns and he has assured me they can definitely kill you.

I have a Beeman .177 pellet rifle that shoots at around 1200 fps. I'm pretty sure that could kill a person.

I guess this is news when there is only 9 murders per year in the city lol

Feel bad for the kid and his family.

he is a hero though. Most kids would just pull out their phones and post it on YouTube.

It sounds like the paramedics screwed up royally and didn't take the victim seriously. Majorly bad.

1-3.jpg

Oh it's thread because he has a Muslim sounding name.

Got it.

<LucyBless>

I work with a guy that has pellet guns and he has assured me they can definitely kill you.

That's one hell of a pellet gun.

Even the rinky dink pellet gun I had as a kid that you hand pumped would pop a hole through a squirrel's skull. If it can penetrate that, it could definitely go through skin and organ.

And I had a friend who shot himself in the foot with a BB gun and had to have a doctor pull it out through surgery. The doctor asked him why he didn't call the police lol

The shooter was in an argument with an older guy, the victim walked up to try to and break things up and got shot.

I personally didn't know pellet guns could kill. Sad story, just goes to show that being a good Samaritan rarely pays off.
Fucking troll. The paramedics are under investigation for making this unwarranted assumption given the witnesses told them he was shot by a handgun. But then you probably knew that, hence the first part.

So the guy inserted himself in someone else's argument instead of minding his own business. Sounds like he saw someone weaker that he thought he could style on and paid the price.

Wow. You are just a horrible human being aren’t you?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-after-good-samaritans-death/article37434571/

Hamilton paramedics facing rare criminal investigation after Good Samaritan’s death

As Yosif Al-Hasnawi lay dying on a downtown Hamilton sidewalk earlier this month, shot after trying to help a stranger, witnesses say paramedics dismissed his pain and accused him of acting.

It took nearly 40 minutes for the 19-year-old to be taken to hospital on Dec. 2, and when the ambulance pulled away, there were no sirens flashing. Mr. Al-Hasnawi died in hospital that night.

The paramedics' response, which has already sparked two government reviews, is now the subject of a rare criminal investigation.

He said the paramedics insisted he'd been shot by a pellet gun and was fine. When they did transport him, the ambulance went to St. Joseph's Healthcare. The city's lead trauma centre where gun-shot victims are typically treated is Hamilton General Hospital.

In addition to the criminal investigation, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is also investigating this case. The City of Hamilton had launched its own internal probe, though a spokesperson said Wednesday that it will now "pause" that investigation in order to co-operate fully with Niagara police. Asked about the paramedics' status in the interim, spokesperson Allison Jones said "the City of Hamilton is not able to provide employment status details of city staff during an active investigation."

Mario Posteraro, head of the local paramedic's union, said it welcomes this investigation "provided it's conducted in an expeditious, thorough and fair manner, to bring a level of comfort and closure to the family – and to regain the public's trust, which I think has been lost during this unfortunate and tragic event.

"He was lying there complaining he was hurting and they kept saying he was faking," Mr. Raczynski said of paramedics and police at the scene. (The Hamilton Police Service has said that police actions that night do not meet the threshold for an SIU probe.)

"The one paramedic kept saying 'Oh you're a good actor,'" he said. "I just thought it was disgusting. Like somebody's shot, you take him in to the hospital. You don't leave him lying there."

Two men, Dale Burningsky King, 19, and James Matheson, 20, have been charged in connection with the homicide.

Police are still looking to talk to the older man who Mr. Al-Hasnawi was trying to defend.

My 750fps pellet gun went over halfway into thick phonebooks. Shot the same phonebook with a .22 rifle, and the depth was literally the same, but the .22 created a wider, more frayed hole. Same depth.

The shooter was in an argument with an older guy, the victim walked up to try to and break things up and got shot.

I personally didn't know pellet guns could kill. Sad story, just goes to show that being a good Samaritan rarely pays off.

Read a story today of an 8 y.o. girl killed by a bb gun. Shot in the eye. I hate this world.

My 750fps pellet gun went over halfway into thick phonebooks. Shot the same phonebook with a .22 rifle, and the depth was literally the same, but the .22 created a wider, more frayed hole. Same depth.

How's the manifesto coming along ?

Jk

Would a bayonet attached to a pellet gun be as lethal as a bayonet attached to a .22 rifle?

It's possible to be killed by a pellet gun but I think it is somewhere between unusual and rare. As kids, we used to play Cowboys and ______ and also Cops and Robbers, shooting each other with bb's. They sting and you can break the skin.

Back