10 Greatest NBA Players of all Time

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Here is my list of top 10 GOAT based on individual and team accomplishments, as well as longevity and peak dominance:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. LeBron James
4. Magic Johnson
5. Wilt Chamberlain
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaquille O'neal
8. Bill Russell
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Tim Duncan

Hon. mention: Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone

Thoughts on this Sherbros?
Comment your top 10!

Decent list; disagree with the order and a couple of omissions.

I'd number them:

1. jordan -sustained excellence; 5 mvps, could have easily had 5 more; 6 rings, never lost a championship; most scoring titles; defensive stalwart: dpoy and most first team all defense selections

2. kareem - nearly unstoppable when he wanted to be; 6 mvps, 6 rings; all time scoring leader

3. chamberlain - dominated the game in ways never seen at that point or since; averaged over 50 ppg and over 48 mpg game in his most remarkable season; when he was able to play with more talent around him, twice broke the record for most wins in a season and won a title

4. duncan - best big man of the modern era; 2x mvp, 5x champion; equally great on the offensive side of the ball and the defensive side of it

5. hakeem - unparalled grace and athleticism from a center; willed 2 teams with very little surrounding talent to two titles; won mvp and dpoy in the same season; great scorer, rebounder, shot blocker, passer, and steals man.

6. russell - proven winner, through and through, although benefited by being surrounded with hof'ers all over the team; great rebounder, shot blocker, and leader/inspiration for most successful team/dynasty in nba history; 5mvps, 11 rings

7. magic - unmatched creativity, vision, and play-making ability; brought fun and excitement back to the league, pulling it out of the dark ages; triple-double machine in era where big men weren't just giving rebounds away to point guards; 5 titles, 3 mvps

8. bird - one of the most cerebral and competitive players who ever lived; combined those qualities with unbelievable shot-making ability, excellent rebounding, and great passing; 3 championships, 3mvps

9. lebron - climbing through the ranks in nearly every statistical category; ability to use his unique combination of size/strength plus speed/agility to dominate games when he's at his best; 4mvps, 3 championships

10. shaq - one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen; at times looked completely unstoppable; was able to impose his will on the opposition through sheer force and surprising quickness; could undoubtedly have won more than 4 titles if he and kobe had complemented each other's games better towards the end of their run together

1- Wilt
2- Magic
3- Kareem
4- Kobe
5- Shaq
6- West
7- Baylor
8- Worthy
9- Mikan
10- Goodrich

This sub memeing LeBron out of the top 2/3 will never be funny.

Decent list; disagree with the order and a couple of omissions.

I'd number them:

1. jordan -sustained excellence; 5 mvps, could have easily had 5 more; 6 rings, never lost a championship; most scoring titles; defensive stalwart: dpoy and most first team all defense selections

2. kareem - nearly unstoppable when he wanted to be; 6 mvps, 6 rings; all time scoring leader

3. chamberlain - dominated the game in ways never seen at that point or since; averaged over 50 ppg and over 48 mpg game in his most remarkable season; when he was able to play with more talent around him, twice broke the record for most wins in a season and won a title

4. duncan - best big man of the modern era; 2x mvp, 5x champion; equally great on the offensive side of the ball and the defensive side of it

5. hakeem - unparalled grace and athleticism from a center; willed 2 teams with very little surrounding talent to two titles; won mvp and dpoy in the same season; great scorer, rebounder, shot blocker, passer, and steals man.

6. russell - proven winner, through and through, although benefited by being surrounded with hof'ers all over the team; great rebounder, shot blocker, and leader/inspiration for most successful team/dynasty in nba history; 5mvps, 11 rings

7. magic - unmatched creativity, vision, and play-making ability; brought fun and excitement back to the league, pulling it out of the dark ages; triple-double machine in era where big men weren't just giving rebounds away to point guards; 5 titles, 3 mvps

8. bird - one of the most cerebral and competitive players who ever lived; combined those qualities with unbelievable shot-making ability, excellent rebounding, and great passing; 3 championships, 3mvps

9. lebron - climbing through the ranks in nearly every statistical category; ability to use his unique combination of size/strength plus speed/agility to dominate games when he's at his best; 4mvps, 3 championships

10. shaq - one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen; at times looked completely unstoppable; was able to impose his will on the opposition through sheer force and surprising quickness; could undoubtedly have won more than 4 titles if he and kobe had complemented each other's games better towards the end of their run together
Good one.

Chamberlain over Bill Russell?
<JagsKiddingMe>
There's more to the game then points bro...

Chamberlain over Bill Russell?
<JagsKiddingMe>
There's more to the game then points bro...
There's more to the game than rings bro.
Not to mention when you're surrounded by bunch of HOF teammates.

Wanna go to advance metrics and see who dominated more?

MJ
Magic
KAJ
Wilt
Shaq/Bird/Lebron
Duncan
Big O
Hakeem

Kobe could actually be #2 on the list overall. Easily in terms of skill but also legacy and hardware. Nobody really compares to Kobe except Jordan tbh. I feel as though I'm just giving more praise to the older players than they deserve when it comes to them vs Kobe.

In reality and it sucks I'm going to do this, but Kareem was carried for quite a few years by Magic. Still amazing player, definitely top 5 still, but nobody carried Kobe. Stats don't lie, handling the ball in final possessions don't lie and out of the few random D-Fish and Horry big shots, it was always Kobe, never Shaq or Gasol.

Magic is honestly the only one I can say who can beat out Kobe for #2. It was always Magic vs Bird and Magic vs Jordan. He held his own and then some vs those guys. Magic has the hardware and averaged in the POs over 50%FG and a double double in APG 12.3 and PPG 19.5. It's tough to say, but most everyone agrees that Kobe is the greatest Laker ever so it edges Kobe out over Magic for the #2 spot (Greatest Laker ever > any other team).

Which leaves Bill Rustle. 11 rings is nice, but this is a era that was very very green. It's like comparing the Red Coats formation, marching attacks with Muskets from the American Revolutionary War to modern day Guerrilla Warfare with M4s and thermal sights. Bill's a beast, he was a beast in his era, but that era is the baby era of the beautiful game. Sorry, he's not doing what he did then vs 5'8 white guys who have blowslaugh and kirin level athleticism in todays age, in the 00's, in the 90's or even the 80's.

Revised official Palis/Pablito® approved NBA All-Time-Greats Top 10

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. O-Rob
9. Rustle
10. Duncan

Also, Hakeem and LolBron are still battling it out for 11 and 12. Another Finals loss by LolBron might keep him out of the top 15 though because then it's just getting ridiculous. Also, Steff Curry is hot on the trails of top 25.

Kobe could actually be #2 on the list overall. Easily in terms of skill but also legacy and hardware. Nobody really compares to Kobe except Jordan tbh. I feel as though I'm just giving more praise to the older players than they deserve when it comes to them vs Kobe.

In reality and it sucks I'm going to do this, but Kareem was carried for quite a few years by Magic. Still amazing player, definitely top 5 still, but nobody carried Kobe. Stats don't lie, handling the ball in final possessions don't lie and out of the few random D-Fish and Horry big shots, it was always Kobe, never Shaq or Gasol.

Magic is honestly the only one I can say who can beat out Kobe for #2. It was always Magic vs Bird and Magic vs Jordan. He held his own and then some vs those guys. Magic has the hardware and averaged in the POs over 50%FG and a double double in APG 12.3 and PPG 19.5. It's tough to say, but most everyone agrees that Kobe is the greatest Laker ever so it edges Kobe out over Magic for the #2 spot (Greatest Laker ever > any other team).

Which leaves Bill Rustle. 11 rings is nice, but this is a era that was very very green. It's like comparing the Red Coats formation, marching attacks with Muskets from the American Revolutionary War to modern day Guerrilla Warfare with M4s and thermal sights. Bill's a beast, he was a beast in his era, but that era is the baby era of the beautiful game. Sorry, he's not doing what he did then vs 5'8 white guys who have blowslaugh and kirin level athleticism in todays age, in the 00's, in the 90's or even the 80's.

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. O-Rob
9. Rustle
10. Duncan

Also, Hakeem and LolBron are still battling it out for 11 and 12. Another Finals loss by LolBron might keep him out of the top 15 though because then it's just getting ridiculous. Also, Steff Curry is hot on the trails of top 25.
"nobody carried Kobe"

giphy.gif

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. O-Rob
9. Rustle
10. Duncan

I was about to roast this post, but then I realized it's a patented @Palis post.

Hope you had a good weekend, buddy.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Magic Johnson
5. Tim Duncan
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Shaquille O'Neil
8. LeBron James
9. Larry Bird
10. Wilt Chamberlain

I'm always curious to see where people rank Duncan. Seems like he gets underrated a lot. 5x champ, 2x MVP, 3x FMVP, 10x All NBA 1st team, 8x All-NBA 1st Defensive Team, 15x All Star, and spent 16 seasons being a 20/10 at 55% from the field, and quietly leading his team to one 60-win season after another.

Back