3. Magic Johnson
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Lebron James
8. Bill Russell
9. Larry Bird
10. Wilt Chamberlain

I'm always curious to see where people rank Duncan. Seems like he gets underrated a lot. 5x champ, 2x MVP, 3x FMVP, 10x All NBA 1st team, 8x All-NBA 1st Defensive Team, 15x All Star, and spent 16 seasons being a 20/10 at 55% from the field, and quietly leading his team to one 60-win season after another.
He has to be top 10.

I'm always curious to see where people rank Duncan. Seems like he gets underrated a lot. 5x champ, 2x MVP, 3x FMVP, 10x All NBA 1st team, 8x All-NBA 1st Defensive Team, 15x All Star, and spent 16 seasons being a 20/10 at 55% from the field, and quietly leading his team to one 60-win season after another.
Top 5 all time for sure if you value winning.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Lebron James
8. Bill Russell
9. Larry Bird
10. Wilt Chamberlain
You're username is Bosox and you dropped Russell all the way to 8th?!

Here is my list of top 10 GOAT based on individual and team accomplishments, as well as longevity and peak dominance:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. LeBron James
4. Magic Johnson
5. Wilt Chamberlain
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaquille O'neal
8. Bill Russell
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Tim Duncan

Hon. mention: Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone

Thoughts on this Sherbros?
Comment your top 10!
Very solid list. Here's mine:
1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Bill Russell
8. Shaq
9. Tim Duncan
10. Oscar Robertson

CLRl9qdWoAEq1h9.jpg:large

rtMHG2O.jpg

Lc9ZYfv.png
to be fair, while their playoff stats were very similar, here are the NBA finals numbers from 2001:
Shaq - 33/15.8/4.8 - 3.4 bpg and 57.3 fg%
Kobe - 24.5/7.8/5.8 - 1.4spg, 1.4 bpg and 41.5 fg%
Shaq's numbers are by far superior in the finals series, but to say he "carried" Kobe - yea those are just haters.

Last edited:
1. Lebron James
2. Michael Jordan
3. Julius Erving (Dr J)
4. Kobe Bryant
5.Kareem
6. Magic
7. Wilt
8. Larry Bird
9. Allen Irverson
10. Derrick Rose

1. Lebron James
2. Michael Jordan
3. Julius Erving (Dr J)
4. Kobe Bryant
5.Kareem
6. Magic
7. Wilt
8. Larry Bird
9. Allen Irverson
10. Derrick Rose
Dafuq is Rose doing there?

1) Jordan
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
6) Kobe
7) Lebron
8) Duncan
9) Shaq
10) Bird

The top five are set 6-10 are all interchangeable.

Kobe could actually be #2 on the list overall. Easily in terms of skill but also legacy and hardware. Nobody really compares to Kobe except Jordan tbh. I feel as though I'm just giving more praise to the older players than they deserve when it comes to them vs Kobe.

In reality and it sucks I'm going to do this, but Kareem was carried for quite a few years by Magic. Still amazing player, definitely top 5 still, but nobody carried Kobe. Stats don't lie, handling the ball in final possessions don't lie and out of the few random D-Fish and Horry big shots, it was always Kobe, never Shaq or Gasol.

Magic is honestly the only one I can say who can beat out Kobe for #2. It was always Magic vs Bird and Magic vs Jordan. He held his own and then some vs those guys. Magic has the hardware and averaged in the POs over 50%FG and a double double in APG 12.3 and PPG 19.5. It's tough to say, but most everyone agrees that Kobe is the greatest Laker ever so it edges Kobe out over Magic for the #2 spot (Greatest Laker ever > any other team).

Which leaves Bill Rustle. 11 rings is nice, but this is a era that was very very green. It's like comparing the Red Coats formation, marching attacks with Muskets from the American Revolutionary War to modern day Guerrilla Warfare with M4s and thermal sights. Bill's a beast, he was a beast in his era, but that era is the baby era of the beautiful game. Sorry, he's not doing what he did then vs 5'8 white guys who have blowslaugh and kirin level athleticism in todays age, in the 00's, in the 90's or even the 80's.

Revised official Palis/Pablito® approved NBA All-Time-Greats Top 10

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. O-Rob
9. Rustle
10. Duncan

Also, Hakeem and LolBron are still battling it out for 11 and 12. Another Finals loss by LolBron might keep him out of the top 15 though because then it's just getting ridiculous. Also, Steff Curry is hot on the trails of top 25.

While it's true that Kareem wasn't the number one option once Magic arrived, he had been playing for 10 years in the NBA and played all 4 years of college I believe.

Something to consider, especially him being as big as he was.

Pistol Pete
Isaiah Thomas
Karl Malone
Curry
Dirk Novitzki
John Stockton
Dr. J
Wilkins
Drexler
Steve Nash

There's your second team. If curry stays the same for 2-3 more years, he might make my top 10.

Pistol Pete
Isaiah Thomas
Karl Malone
Curry
Dirk Novitzki
John Stockton
Dr. J
Wilkins
Drexler
Steve Nash

There's your second team. If curry stays the same for 2-3 more years, he might make my top 10.

Durant is better player than Curry though I think both Curry and Durant end up in top 15-20 range like Dirk, Wade, and KG territory.

Back