10 worst cities to live in the U.S.

Chicago must have some absolutely amazing neighborhoods to never be on these lists since they are always up there for most shootings.

Chicago has a much bigger population than any of those cities.

Oh and st. Louis deserves to be on this list for sure.

I know, but there is obviously an extremely dangerous part that is responsible for a lot of the shootings in America.
You're not going to get them to acknowledge it, so don't even bother. The majority of the city is nice, just stay way away from the south side. It's like many big cities, where the nice parts are really nice and the shitty parts are really shitty.

Oh and st. Louis deserves to be on this list for sure.

Wisconsin resident. Milwaukee 100% deserves to be on this list

I grew up in Milwaukee and have spent plenty of time in Detroit. The impression I get is that every city has rough areas and great areas. What determines the list is just the percentage of bad area to good area.

Also, I wonder how much of this is due to white flight as most of the cities on the list are famous for it.

There really seems to be no link between these cities. Truly no common traits linking them together. It's sad but unfortunately we won't be able to address a problem that we can't identify.

I grew up in Milwaukee and have spent plenty of time in Detroit. The impression I get is that every city has rough areas and great areas. What determines the list is just the percentage of bad area to good area.

Also, I wonder how much of this is due to white flight as most of the cities on the list are famous for it.

So it's White peoples fault if POC move to a town and drive up the crime rate? Gotcha :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had a project in Memphis that lasted 3 weeks at a childrens hospital right downtown. I stayed in a hotel like 3 minutes away for the first week, but made a much better decision to stay 30 minutes away and commute the next 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure there were more homeless people than normal people when I walked downtown. From what I could tell all the doctors who worked at the hospital did the same.

i work contracts for the big hospital in south georgia in macon. i do the same, i stay about 20 minutes outside of the city because it sucks. south georgia in general is just a crappy place.

35348052_10156183841975667_1378743441852203008_n.png

What makes these cities so bad and what can be done to help?
I've lived in several of these cities, two of them for more than a decade each: Detroit and Cleveland. Only four places separate them, but in my experience they are worlds apart. For all its flaws, Cleveland is a much better place to live than Detroit. Detroit went from one of the wealthiest cities per capita in the world to an absolute rock bottom shithole in a few decades.

STL clearly out of place on that list. Whether it's a good area to live depends on where you're living. There's culture here, it's nice. It's just a bad place to be poor. Even lower middle class does fine.

You're not going to get them to acknowledge it, so don't even bother. The majority of the city is nice, just stay way away from the south side. It's like many big cities, where the nice parts are really nice and the shitty parts are really shitty.

It's weird that it's bad to acknowledge part of a city is dangerous or bad

Chicago must have some absolutely amazing neighborhoods to never be on these lists since they are always up there for most shootings.

Chicago's probably like Philly; nice parts and ghettos. Center city Philly is your high traffic, cultural area. South Philly used to be more Italian, not so sure these days. West Philly was the poverty/gang area, not for normal people.

The only reason people think Chicago is a bad place is because Fox News constantly talks about how bad the crime is there because it's where Barack and Michelle used to live. Chicago is awesome in real life; just stay out of the hood.

That list is bullshit!
Not one city in California or Florida is on that list.
Gang activity and crime is in high numbers in certain cities of both states.
I've seen parts of Florida that are more dangerous than Baltimore & St. Louis combined!

The only reason people think Chicago is a bad place is because Fox News constantly talks about how bad the crime is there because it's where Barack and Michelle used to live. Chicago is awesome in real life; just stay out of the hood.

https://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

Final 2017 Totals
Shot & Killed: 625
Shot & Wounded: 2936
Total Shot: 3561
Total Homicides: 681

this was the first thing that came up when I googled chicago shooting

Back