10 years on Sherdog (decade member brahs...GTFIH)

why do u keep coming back? i come back because of the laughs, honest responses (bad or good) and support, hope u feel the same

Because I was really into mma. Now not so much. The stand-up forum was my main forum back then. Now its a graveyard

This is my second account. My first one was banned back when they would banhammer if you gave fight spoilers.

They gave you bans for the tiniest infraction back then. Now you actually have to put forth effort to get banned

So this month I have been a member for 10 years (disregard my join date. I've been resurrected a few times).

I don't know whether to feel a sense of accomplishment, or to cry.

Anyone else been here 10 years?

discuss.

Sorry Bro, past lives don't count. You have 4 more years before you can call yourself our peer.

Same principle as unaccounted for GF's that live in Canada.

In 2021 we shall welcome you with open arms.

Last edited:
Been here since 2002. I actually think I joined in 2001, but something happened to my account back then.

There has been no website or forum that I have visited more regularly/consistently than Sherdog.

The closest in terms of website visits would be Wikipedia or YouTube.

Same here. I actually never have been a member of any other forum.

Be 10 years in March, but I lurked 2-3 years before ever posting. Used to think it was weird posting on a MMA forum yet here I am now 10 years later. Of all the forums and social media out there I definitely hate you guys the least ;)

April 2006 here. Was here to witness lots of hilarity and heated Pride vs UFC arguments...

Yeah, remember those heated GSP vs Anderson Silva debates on who was the GOAT? The knock on GSP was that he wouldnt move up in weight class like Anderson did to fight James Irvin

not even sure why I still hang out here. I'm not an avid fight fan, don't post that much, really - 5k posts in just under 12 years aint much.

But I visit sherdog multiple times a day. I've spent a good portion of my adult life here, reading horse shit or arguing about people I'll never meet.

Agreed. The mods now far more reasonable, and most of them were solid posters before becoming mods. Getting banned because some limp dick geek gets offended you don't worship their favorite fighters is not a very positive balance.

I don't think they have as much traffic as they did back when. Can't haphazardly ban people when you don't have a ton of members

Time flies.

I've been here 12 years and at the time, I was in a relationship with my first love!!! Hahaha, I was 16 when I joined here.

Sorry Bro, past lives don't count. You have 4 more years before you can call yourself our peer.

Same principle as unaccounted for GF's that live in Canada.

In 2021 we shall welcome you with open arms.

Not my fault that I'm an alpha male that plays by my own rules. You're the type that avoids conflict... a submissive beta. Me...I don't take crap off no one

i should have made an acc. in 2003 when i first started lurking the dawg

Not my fault that I'm an alpha male that plays by my own rules. You're the type that avoids conflict... a submissive beta. Me...I don't take crap off no one

Grade school retorts......exactly the kind of behavior I would expect from someone as new to the forum as yourself.

That's OK. We Sherdog decadians are a patient lot. Like the great mountains, we shall stoically wait for you to outgrow your petulant shenanigans.

Yeah, remember those heated GSP vs Anderson Silva debates on who was the GOAT? The knock on GSP was that he wouldnt move up in weight class like Anderson did to fight James Irvin

Of course. And where there was a GOAT debate, there would be the inevitable Ryo Chonan gif

I was forced to come here when subfighter forums died. I was the guy who won the Sprawl hoody and board shorts if anyone remembers that giveaway. Many said I cheated, but I didn't, I swear.

2004 lurker here as well.

I had an account that just never opened. It always said to contact the administrator.

yea same thing happened to me with my original account it never opened

then I tried loggin in one day for fun on the original and it opened, but I was a couple thousand posts deep into this one so I never really bothered

Checking in.

Was a lurker for a few years before I actually joined.

Of course. And where there was a GOAT debate, there would be the inevitable Ryo Chonan gif

Lol yeah. But then as an Anderson fan, I would always counter with this gif:

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

11 years here and you guys still give me laughs, insights, and discussion

Back