100 weeks to Pro MMA debut

Relax guys. I am doing other stuff also. Cardio drills, wrestling, grappling, full mma work.

Guess my ego/pride keep me from putting too much groundwork in the videos at this early stage. Will ad more in time.

The biggest critic you will ever face is yourself.........

Post it in the Grappling Forum and let them help you.......sooner rather than later.....

Relax guys. I am doing other stuff also. Cardio drills, wrestling, grappling, full mma work.

Guess my ego/pride keep me from putting too much groundwork in the videos at this early stage. Will ad more in time.

Frode, best of luck brotha! I too once considered taking a pro mma bout, I was curious and enough time out of the ring gave me the "itch". Fortunately for me I train in an area where finding top level wrestlers and BJJ guys isn't difficult. It only took me a few times on the mat with a couple of them and my "considering" an mma bout was no longer a consideration.

Coming from a striking background and even having spent a great deal of time in MMA gyms (as a striking coach) and having some general knowledge of the ground game I thought I could simply be "proficient" enough on the mat to keep the fight on the feet where I would be confident. Nah! not even close! I can honestly say from experience that having a top level wrestler or BJJ guy get a hold of you is a totally different beast. Even if you can manage to scramble your way back to your feet without getting hemmed up in a sub, you're so goddamn spent that oxygen becomes your worst enemy!

Had it been an option to take an ammy MMA fight (which you can't either) then it may of been a more realistic endeavor, but at the professional level the overwhelming majority of MMA guys ( particularly the entry level pro's) come from strong ground fighting backgrounds and from my experience, at my age (i'm 37 too), there was no way I was going to even feel comfortable in being proficient enough on the mat to take a fight. If you insist though, i'd certainly encourage you to work with a promoter that's going to find you a fight with someone who's looking to keep it on the feet.

KrUwkdE.jpg

Just a small update. I feel in great striking shape. But i am stil getting raped on the ground. And my left elbow is semi fucked..

Weight is down to 72.2 kg. But both strenght and cardio is rising. So i guess i am doing the right thing there.

Video of the last month us coming soon. My gym is almost done.

pKsKM4c.jpg

Just a quick update again. My new gym is finished. My elbow is feeling much better. I am able to train grappling again without getting pain after the sessions.

Feeling in great shape. I was kinda depressed a longer periode because of my elbow.

luckly for you in that part of the world you wont have to fight many guys who have great wrestling so you can get away with more stuff

But Sweden isnt far (well depends on were he lives in Norway) and has a great wrestling tradition.

Yeah. This is the only one i got on youtube.

I have other on these small dv tapes. I need to get them converted into my computer.

Were you in the same weightclass? Just asking because you look at least 10-15lbs heavier.
Very relaxed controlled fighting style.

Could you tell us a bit about your ground fighting instructors? LIke do you have a special wrestling and bjj coach and what are their credentials?

Good luck to you! I think you can pull off more than you think with your striking if the opponent has a grappling base. Yes they crosstrain but still...

But Sweden isnt far (well depends on were he lives in Norway) and has a great wrestling tradition.

Were you in the same weightclass? Just asking because you look at least 10-15lbs heavier.

Could you tell us a bit about your ground fighting instructors? LIke do you have a special wrestling and bjj coach and what are their credentials?

Regardless the thais are the stiffest competition in the world, theres absolutely nothing 0 unfair about this fight im really impressed

If anything its unfair on Frode he wasn't brought up around the best instructors, from a toddler doing the best stand up style in the world

Last edited:

That fight was in 70 kg. But the guy was lighter then 70 i think.

fdbRDGO.jpg

Update: my training year is almost done. So how much have i been able to covert myself from pure striker to mma fighter? Well i have made quite a few changes to my style the last ten months or so. But almost four month of serious pain in the left elbow, made my cut back on the heavy wrestling and grappling.

My fitness level and timing feel great. I am still hungry. And my body react to the training the right way. Left elbow is doing well.

Lets get some fights in 2018.

Good luck man, I don't know if you know this, but make sure you have the money and resources to start a training camp because that's the reason I've been out since July of 2017, I could have had 3 amateur fights or smokers by now if I didn't lose 3 jobs in a matter of a year.

Hey guys.

Next week i gonna start my journey to my pro debut in MMA. I am a striker. And i figure it will take a little less then 2 years to do a covert from Muay Thai / sanda striker to a more or less complete MMA fighter.

If its okay with the MODs, i would very much like to keep this thread in the striking forum. Because i am a striker at heart. And i need to keep my fellow sherdog strikers with me to discuss everything that goes into MMA striking.

I say 100 weeks, because i wanna do one small video blog each weeks. So when video 100 is uploaded, I should be ready for a pro MMA fight.

First trainingweek with weekly video, starts from next week.

My pro fight will be in either 66kg or 70 kg.

wish me luck guys.

how is your grappling ?? Do you work everyday stopping takedowns and getting to your feet.
What is your striking style.
I commend anyone brave enough to go into the ring for any combat sport

Back