12 oz gloves for big hands

Yahia Muhammad

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I finally placed an order for 16 oz Cletos to be my main all round gloves

but all the gloves I have are 14 or 16 I need a pair of 10 oz or 12 oz bag gloves to do some rounds with them
but I have big hands Is there a brand that make a big hand compartment 12 oz gloves

but all the gloves I have are 14 or 16 I need a pair of 10 oz or 12 oz bag gloves to do some rounds with them
but I have big hands Is there a brand that make a big hand compartment 12 oz gloves

You don't NEED to have 10 or 12 ounce gloves for bag work. Some of us use them out of preference. 14 or 16 oz would still be fine for bags.

Or you could have one of the custom glove makers make you a pair custom for your hands, if you insist.

I would say ask around your gym to try the other guys bag gloves to see if they fit. Just to see where you are size wise.

<mma4> .

Fairtex makes a BGV -4 model for larger hands, I use them and am very happy with them. But customs would be better i guess

I use 12oz gloves for bag work. But I also managed to do some significant damage to my middle knuckle using 10oz gloves (Not saying you would to, just saying the lighter the oz the less protection you have for your hands). 12oz provides you the most feedback with adequate protection. There is nothing wrong about using 16oz or 14oz gloves on the bag as it's achieving the same result.

Picture it this way. If you had to hit someone in the head for 10 rounds non stop each day, would you prefer to be wearing minimal padding or maximum padding? 12 or 14oz should be fine for you, take care of your hands because you only get one pair.

this all makes sense thanks

I was asking cause I needed a lighter gloves for pad work mainly my current gloves SABAS pro series 14 made me feel slugish

I use 12oz gloves for bag work. But I also managed to do some significant damage to my middle knuckle using 10oz gloves (Not saying you would to, just saying the lighter the oz the less protection you have for your hands). 12oz provides you the most feedback with adequate protection. There is nothing wrong about using 16oz or 14oz gloves on the bag as it's achieving the same result.

Picture it this way. If you had to hit someone in the head for 10 rounds non stop each day, would you prefer to be wearing minimal padding or maximum padding? 12 or 14oz should be fine for you, take care of your hands because you only get one pair.

What was the brand/model of your 10oz gloves? And what is the 12oz you're using now ?

And were you wearing any additional knuckle protection with your handwrapping?

I've been using a pair of 10oz Winning pro fight gloves since 2014, and they were fine for heavybag work for a few years.

It was only recently I needed to use additional knuckle protection (either Winning NG2, Skulltec, or Rival gel pads) with them to make them suitable for hardcore bag sessions again.

What was the brand/model of your 10oz gloves? And what is the 12oz you're using now ?

And were you wearing any additional knuckle protection with your handwrapping?

I've been using a pair of 10oz Winning pro fight gloves since 2014, and they were fine for heavybag work for a few years.

It was only recently I needed to use additional knuckle protection (either Winning NG2, Skulltec, or Rival gel pads) with them to make them suitable for hardcore bag sessions again.

The gloves I was using were "Sting" the brand used in Olympics and Commonwealth games. They were garbage, I just wrapped my hands. I'm not going to buy winning gloves unless I go pro. I have a hard enough time justifying fairtex gloves to my girlfriend.

In my experience of 12oz gloves:

Sabas proseries: very tight
Everlast Powerlock: very tight
Adidas Amateur Competition: very tight
UMA RT41: tight
Cleto Reyes: tight
Ring To Cage C17: tight
Winning: tight
RIval RB11: tight
Rival RB1: medium
Rival RS2V: medium
Rival RB10: medium

Topboxer 12oz Gloves are very tight, bordering on being too small for my hands, I'm only 5'8 and 66kg so for them to be almost too small for me I imagine if you were much bigger they would be too small.

Back