12 STRONG Starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon (Opens January 19, 2018)

If you have seen 12 STRONG, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for 12 STRONG Starring Chris Hemsworth and Michael Shannon

12 Strong tells the story of the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11; under the leadership of a new captain, the team must work with an Afghani warlord to take down the Taliban. Opens January 19, 2018.

Makes sense to send Thor. Looks like it could be good.

I thought it was mostly Airforce guys calling in coordinates for Air Strikes, pounding the Taliban to dust in a bout 4 days or something?

I mentioned this in the MNN thread, but I think "The Declassified Story of the Horse Soldiers" sub title would have been better as the primary title. "12 Strong" is just too generic and nondescript.

I'm a sucker for Bruckheimer US Military propaganda films. Wouldn't surprise me if he was on DoD payroll. Probably where some of the Presidents discretionary black ops money goes.

I mentioned this in the MNN thread, but I think "The Declassified Story of the Horse Soldiers" sub title would have been better as the primary title. "12 Strong" is just too generic and nondescript.

12 Strong: Only the Brave... The Declassified Story of the Hard to Kill

LOL even the horse got into it.

Anybody started else started feeling bad for Weidman once the cover of Won't Back Down started playing? lol

Update: November 12, 2017

2nd Trailer for 12 STRONG Starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon

Set in the harrowing days following 9/11, a U.S. Special Forces team, led by their new Captain, Mitch Nelson (Chris Hemsworth), is chosen to be the first U.S. troops sent into Afghanistan for an extremely dangerous mission. There, in the rugged mountains, they must convince Northern Alliance General Dostum (Navid Negahban) to join forces with them to fight their common adversary: the Taliban and their Al Qaeda allies. In addition to overcoming mutual distrust and a vast cultural divide, the Americans—accustomed to state-of-the-art warfare—must adopt the rudimentary tactics of the Afghani horse soldiers. But despite their uneasy bond, the new allies face overwhelming odds: outnumbered and outgunned by a ruthless enemy that does not take prisoners.

Update: January 19, 2018

Critics' Reviews for 12 STRONG with 54% Rotten Tomatoes Score

uX1pHUl.jpg

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/12_strong

This isn't one that I'm super excited about, but I'm interested enough to give it a look. Probably go see it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Went and saw this a few nights ago. I thought it was a pretty good war film overall.

The pacing is a bit slow, but it features good performances from a really solid cast, some good battle scenes, and a somewhat off-beat storyline that felt different from what other war films have delivered. The whole story revolves around a group of Green Berets who were embedded with an Aghan warlord and his warriors. It's basically an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of story and it shows just how complicated that situation in Afghanistan really is.

I'd give it a 7.5. Not quite an A-level war movie but solidly on the B-level.

Air Combat Controllers get paired with ODAs and Seal Teams usually.

ACC's are cool. There is a lot of rivalry between the British Army and the RAF, but I never heard a British soldier who served in Afghanistan speak about the RAF's Tactical Air Coordinator teams with anything less than respect. One British Para with several tours under his belt admitted the TAC's had saved his life.

Back