14 wounded, 2 in serious condition in bus attack in Luebeck, Germany

Isn't LEO and military point of reference that if the knife attacker is within 20 feet of you and you haven't pulled your gun yet it's too late?

Isn't LEO and military point of reference that if the knife attacker is within 20 feet of you and you haven't pulled your gun yet it's too late?
Need to step our shuriken game up IMO

I’d rather have a gun too, 100% just saying on a bus it’s not an ideal situation. I also don’t think just pointing a gun at some crazed asshole who’s slashing people up is too likely to work.
In this specific scenario I doubt it too.

Its sounds a bit strange from the info I see.
The guy was Iranian but served in the German Army. From my understanding, he was born in Germany already.
Usually, I think knife attacks are Islam related because of the commitment it takes to step someone compared to a shooting.

Anyway, so apparently the guy lit his backpack on fire. The bus driver stops the Bus tries to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. And the guy punched the bus driver in the face. Only after that did he start stabbing people in the following struggle. The strange thing is there wasn't anything dangerous in his backpack?

On the bright side, two guys in the bus fought him. While another guy took a stick from outside and KOed him with it.

Edit: Ok I just read a bit more apparently the guy was nuts.

According to his dad, he thought his neighbors were trying to poison him through his walls with some kind of laser.

And they were trying to take away his eyes?

In addition to that apparently, he also had custody issues with his ex-wife.

Last edited:
The guy was Iranian but served in the German Army. From my understanding, he was born in Germany already.
Usually, I think knife attacks are Islam related because of the commitment it takes to step someone compared to a shooting.

Anyway, so apparently the guy lit his backpack on fire. The bus driver stops the Bus tries to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. And the guy punched the bus driver in the face. Only after that did he start stabbing people in the following struggle. The strange thing is there wasn't anything dangerous in his backpack?

On the bright side, two guys in the bus fought him. While another guy took a stick from outside and KOed him with it.

According to his dad, he thought his neighbors were trying to poison him through his walls with some kind of laser.

Clearly severe mental illness and not, as some in this thread immediately hoped and assumed, a religious/terrorist motive.

So I was right in my urging caution because of some weird ones we’ve had lately. It was a mentally ill Lonewolf Brown dude

As morbid as it sounds, it is sad that I wish we were back in the any where violence was about something real, like revenge.

Now, regardless of politics, race and religion, it is violence for the sake of violence.

Even with drug dealers and gang banging, it was more about beef and turf wars. Now people just flexing to be violent, assaulting random, non gang people.

Even with political activism. It seems people on both sides go to rallies and marches to incite violence, rather than discuss politics.

Sad times.
Human history says that we always find a reason to commit violence.

That's the amount of distance that can be closed before a properly trained shooter can realize the threat, draw, acquire target and shoot. If you're a hip shooter you could get a few off.

Human history says that we always find a reason to commit violence.

Yea, I was gonna reply to someone else in this thread about how maybe it is liveleaks, world star, Isis Facebook groups, etc that are desensitising people, coupled with the news media sensationalizing this things....

But honestly, I think that is partly confirmation bias, based on reporting of such events being better and more widespread/readily available.

As much as one would like to attribute this to some new societal phenomena, it really probably boils down to same shit, different day. Whether an age 1000 years from now, or 1000 years ago. The pattern weaves as it wills.

Clearly severe mental illness and not, as some in this thread immediately hoped and assumed, a religious/terrorist motive.
Well, on the other hand people guessed right thinking it was some middle eastern.
What a crazy coincidence with all these avaible ethniticies

Tbh 20 feet seem insanely short distance anyway, specially if you consider anything else than a very well trained soldier with easy access positioned weapon that already expect to be attacked

To give yourself a chance against a knife attack you need to act like a toreador.[if you have time.] Take your jacket or coat off and it's ole.[should be a little accent mark above the e so it's sounds like an a.]

I figured it wasn't an Islamist attack when I saw that the thread kind of fizzled out. And yet...
Part and parcel.
let's not rush to judge......

and nevermind
<WellThere>

still bet it was.

sooo he was trying to light his backpack on fire, because ? chances are he was supposed be loaded with explosives yet recieved a dud.

mentally ill guy tries to ignite his backpack, doesnt work so he tries to go on a stabbing spree.

come on dude.

NEIN !!!!

utter bollocks mate. a failed terror plot is now being hushed up and blamed on laser neighbours.

If it's a Muslim they better not release the identity of the attacker, it could breed xenophobia!!!!

still bet it was.

sooo he was trying to light his backpack on fire, because ? chances are he was supposed be loaded with explosives yet recieved a dud.

mentally ill guy tries to ignite his backpack, doesnt work so he tries to go on a stabbing spree.

come on dude.

There were no explosives in his backpack, but you think the police are lying to cover up that he was a member of a terrorist organization? Nothing about the description of him in the story makes you think he's very mentally ill? All fake news then?

Back