16 Years Later...Did We Forget?

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
20-haunting-photos-from-the-september-11-attacks-that-americans-will-always-remember.jpg

In the weeks following 9/11, American flags flew on every corner. Athletes and fans couldn’t manage to hold back tears as they stood proudly for the national anthem before game time. Volunteers nationwide gave a helping hand to our courageous first responders, still searching for survivors, and clearing the still smoking rubble from the blood-soaked streets. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing someone wearing a FDNY or NYPD hat out of respect for our heroes.

We were fearful and we were sorrowful, but mostly, we were united, by our American identity. We made a vow to those we lost that we would “Never Forget.”

Flash forward 16 years and it’s as if we’ve entered the Twilight Zone. Not only have we forgotten that which we promised we would not, but the national pride which once unified us has been replaced by an endless stream of anti-American propaganda.

The American flags we flew with such pride are now considered a “hate symbol” on college campuses. NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick is portrayed as a hero for kneeling during the national anthem, and wearing socks to practice that depict police officers as pigs.

The people of the United States and the world have stopped combating terrorism and have created a politically correct society in which extremism can thrive. We have become too afraid to address radical terrorism by its name because we are afraid of offending all Muslims and it makes us wonder did we forget the one day we said we wouldn't forget?

Its crazy how fast things change. Police and firefighters were revered as heroes following 9/11. Now, antifa pelts police with piss bottles, and people argue that they are justified in doing so.

Last edited:
flying certainly is much more of a hassle now, that's for sure

If I'm being honest, it's not remotely worth it either

Back when nationalism was considered a good thing. If the country from 16 years ago could only see us now!

Sounds like what 'Merica needs is another unifying disaster... Amirite?

Can't forget what we did not know. The truth ......

well the contributions for the IRA are down in Boston bars....does that count?

I remember how unified people were shortly after 9/11. Everyone flew flags, approval ratings went up, everyone supported our troops, everyone was patriotic... we used a common enemy to unify and be the America that we can be, that we should be

I think we "forgot" in that we forgot our common enemies and turned on each other. We went from "America FUCK YEAH" to "Kim Jong un threatened to nuke Americans, hey that'll show DRUMPF"

Its crazy how fast things. Police and firefighters were revered as heroes following 9/11. Now, antifa pelts police with piss bottles, and people argue that they are justified in doing so.

Is this how you think every day life is? Maybe don't spend so much time reading the news.

More importantly, 9/11 is Paul Heyman's birthday.

I am curious, what makes you think that we were any more unified then than now rather than it just being a case that different groups had the center of the stage at the time? When something happens that gives one "side" the ability to control the dialogue, with that morally righteous tone that can be used to talk down dissenters because "Justice is on MY side!" Maybe it was never about us being unified, so much as who 9/11 allowed to control the dialogue through moralistic browbeating.

We live in a world where the rhetoric of the Left is so often loaded with grand appeals to morality, defined by a person sitting on a soapbox casting their hand over the crowd and declaring the others morally deficient, as bad people, dismissing them as such, for this or that. They use terms like racist, Nazi, bigot, homophobe, sexist, eth - you know the litany. What makes you think that in the time of 9/11 these sentiments, these mindsets, these people, weren't always there, but the soapbox that was built at the time was simply not ripe for the current preachers of their moral edicts to stand on it?

In my mind 9/11 simply laid the ground for a sturdy pulpit to be built on other ideals where different preachers than today would stand and declare "You're a COWARD! You're a TRAITOR! You support the ENEMY!" instead of today's "You're a SEXIST! You're a RACIST! You're a BIGOT!" Today is simply ripe for a different wave of moralizing populism to take center stage..

every single one of those crap accusations is a strawman. complete and willful miss-representation of reality.

stop being scum and using people's pain and suffering to push your personal political agenda.

i cant believe i have to keep saying that.

Sounds like what 'Merica needs is another unifying disaster... Amirite?

Oh sheet... voluntary freedom relinquishment number two incoming via false flag attack.

Patriot Act Part Deux.

I am curious, what makes you think that we were any more unified then than now rather than it just being a case that different groups had the center of the stage at the time? When something happens that gives one "side" the ability to control the dialogue, with that morally righteous tone that can be used to talk down dissenters because "Justice is on MY side!" Maybe it was never about us being unified, so much as who 9/11 allowed to control the dialogue through moralistic browbeating.

We live in a world where the rhetoric of the Left is so often loaded with grand appeals to morality, defined by a person sitting on a soapbox casting their hand over the crowd and declaring the others morally deficient, as bad people, dismissing them as such, for this or that. They use terms like racist, Nazi, bigot, homophobe, sexist, eth - you know the litany. What makes you think that in the time of 9/11 these sentiments, these mindsets, these people, weren't always there, but the soapbox that was built at the time was simply not ripe for the current preachers of their moral edicts to stand on it?

In my mind 9/11 simply laid the ground for a sturdy pulpit to be built on other ideals where different preachers than today would stand and declare "You're a COWARD! You're a TRAITOR! You support the ENEMY!" instead of today's "You're a SEXIST! You're a RACIST! You're a BIGOT!" Today is simply ripe for a different wave of moralizing populism to take center stage..

Bush's approval rating got up to 90% from 50% almost overnight.

cvfspjk4hesmzts2bc0brg.gif

Definitely was browbeating, but people were genuinely united.

I will never forget. I lost some friends during 9/11. I was at ground zero in the days following. How quickly that feeling of patriotism during that time faded. If the liberals get their way this may be a frequent occurrence.

Bush's approval rating got up to 90% from 50% almost overnight.

cvfspjk4hesmzts2bc0brg.gif

Definitely was browbeating, but people were genuinely united.

Presidential approval ratings =/= united

Wow, I never knew so many people liked Friends before. We are united except for me because that show fucking sucks.

I know what you're implying, but literally any president would see that spike.

The truth is pretty simple, there are more ways for people to be vocal and people think their opinions matter so they naturally try to use what is in their hands to voice their opinions. The problems become echo chambers which become increasingly more insane and the person who was just being vocal becomes a fanatic.

There is an undeniable portion of this country that hates America.

It's really sad and disgusting.

Back