16 Years Later...Did We Forget?

Presidential approval ratings =/= united

Wow, I never knew so many people liked Friends before. We are united except for me because that show fucking sucks.

I know what you're implying, but literally any president would see that spike.

The truth is pretty simple, there are more ways for people to be vocal and people think their opinions matter so they naturally try to use what is in their hands to voice their opinions. The problems become echo chambers which become increasingly more insane and the person who was just being vocal becomes a fanatic.

No idea what you're trying to say, but I agree about Friends. Terrible show by modern standards, but TV shows have gotten way better since it first came on so it's a little unfair to use those standards.

People have been trying this shitty guilt trip since 9/11/02.

We haven't forgotten. Piss off.

Things have become more divided and America-hating due to the spread of Islam's divisive, overthrowing agenda through existing groups (Nation of Islam, Council on American Islamic Relations, Muslim Students Association and others), and adopted and straight-up developed groups such as: Black Lives Matter, Center for Southern Poverty Law and more.

"If you happen to disagree with me politically, I will use America's greatest modern tragedy as leverage against you to score cheap points and sound like I give a shit about my country."

No idea what you're trying to say, but I agree about Friends. Terrible show by modern standards, but TV shows have gotten way better since it first came on so it's a little unfair to use those standards.

What I am saying is people approving of Bush for retaliating against an attack against them isn't unification IMO. Most of the Western world sympathized with us and we used that to further our agenda in the Middle East. I don't think we were united, we still had our differences. It was the first time people sympathized with each other in this country over an event like that. I think that showed more than unification. Although when we're arguing over unification we have to define what it is, because uniting is vague and can be done on a multitude of levels because of how complex society is.

"If you happen to disagree with me politically, I will use America's greatest modern tragedy as leverage against you to score cheap points and sound like I give a shit about my country."

I disagree with you because you're *AN* idiot. Nothing to do with 9/11.

Last edited:
I disagree with you because you're idiot. Nothing to do with 9/11.
I love when somebody tries to insult my intelligence, and can't even type a sentence properly.

Good luck picking that bullet out of your foot, Clevon.

Edgy.

Flying the flag after a tragedy unfortunately doesn't solve the things that actually divide the country such as debates on personal freedoms and on what policies will actually fix our domestic problems.

i did see the most exorbitant amount of united we stand stickers and whatnot on cars

like lance armstrong livestrong coupled w/ pink breast cancer awareness to the 238490238438809th power.

it was like our new Cold War, people were stoked at first. till it went on longer than vietnam, cmon son.

every single one of those crap accusations is a strawman. complete and willful miss-representation of reality.

stop being scum and using people's pain and suffering to push your personal political agenda.

i cant believe i have to keep saying that.

Didn't know asking questions was a political agenda in 2017?

too bad we didn't go like somalia or rwanda style for the GWOT. go in, take out leader if can or say f it if it's just completely unfixable and get out. it's on them to fix it and choose their national fate.....

which yes, people hate on. but not as much as essentially going imperialism style and trying to train cans that literally can't do simple jumping jacks 10 whole years later. At least historically when countries/empires did that, they reaped benefits by raping the natural resources from those areas. Last time I checked gas is still way higher than pre 9/11 and not sure about opium/heroin prices or whatever the hell shitty Afghanistan produces, but i doubt that dropped.

Especially when you consider how much military aid we give SA and Kuwait and Qatar etc... step up cans haha. Police your AO

Projecting guilt I see

DJc1ePqVYAEReSF.jpg

Maybe Bush shouldnt had used the 9/11 political fuel in order to wage a personal war of aggression against Iraq.

Also how are people bitching about divisiveness when the GOP just fueled divisiveness as their only policy for 8 years under Obama.

Divisiveness that ended up being pure bluster (as show by their inability to repeal Obamacare).

I love when somebody tries to insult my intelligence, and can't even type a sentence properly.

Good luck picking that bullet out of your foot, Clevon.

Oh my bad, even though you know what I meant because I made an error excluding "an" you are somehow more intelligent.

I forgot, grammatical errors of little importance are more meaningful than your head full of ridiculous ideologies.

I definitely got more united with Muslims and Sikhs that's for sure. About up until Saddam got hung, they took a lot of heat off of black people. Shit, life was good. I could pop off about freedumb and the stupid ass French and nobody even gave me a second glance.

When Saddam hit that rope though, motherfuckers all of a sudden remembered to hate the negros again. It was a good run while it lasted.

Maybe Bush shouldnt had used the 9/11 political fuel in order to wage a personal war of aggression against Iraq.

Also how are people bitching about divisiveness when the GOP just fueled divisiveness as their only policy for 8 years under Obama.

Divisiveness that ended up being pure bluster (as show by their inability to repeal Obamacare).

Democrats including the one you currently wanted as president voted for the war in Iraq and like the many democrats who supported it, didn't raise a stink until election time. BTW John Kerry also supported it.

Back