17-year-old gamer Nick Overton explains how he made over $500,000 playing 'Fortnite'

They wouldn't be making any money if they let China in. Enjoy while you still can, non-chinese people.

The only time I was somewhat competitive/good with FPS games, was in BF3. I was a great sniper and knifer. And I would get "hackusations" from frustrated players, I think my skill is still there, but my PC needs an upgrade.

BF3 was some golden age shit. That was the last MP game I really liked

My glory days were back in DOD and CS. That said, I was in a CS clan and we tried out for Cal once - I've never been raped harder in my life. And I did 3 years in State Pen

BF3 was some golden age shit. That was the last MP game I really liked

My glory days were back in DOD and CS. That said, I was in a CS clan and we tried out for Cal once - I've never been raped harder in my life. And I did 3 years in State Pen
That's hilarious, and BF3 was the shit, I mean I had SO MUCH fun playing that game; and even though I became addicted to it, I miss it still.

Good on him for making money, but wouldn't you feel kind of bad making money off retarded people? I don't know of a better word to describe people who actually pay many to watch other people play video games. He's accepting money from retards, it feels exploitative.
The stupidity business appears to be a good investment these days.

It's crazy that there is so much money in watching people play video games. People work themselves to death, are barely making it by everyday, yet playing video games, at home, can make a person rich.

Is there an actual reason that people pay other people to watch them play video games?

Lol why did he get an N64 as a gift in 2007? You already had consoles like xbox 360, ps3 and the wii by that time. N64 was over a decade old at that point.

Meanwhile people doing real work are living paycheck-to-paycheck and can't afford health care. Society is doomed.

Good on him for making money, but wouldn't you feel kind of bad making money off retarded people? I don't know of a better word to describe people who actually pay many to watch other people play video games. He's accepting money from retards, it feels exploitative.

No different than any other form of entertainment. People make millions pretending to be other people and we gobble it up. Why? IDK. Look at a good portion of people at sporting events wearing some other man's name on their backs and getting emotional over an outcome that literally has zero to do with them. When you break the entertainment industry down, a lot of its success could be boiled down to "retardation" as you call it.

a lot of their audience dont even play the game themselves. They PREFER watching someone else play. It blew my mind when I learned this.

I wouldn't pay directly, but I'm one of those that will watch and don't play. For me, it's because I grew up with and still like videogames, but I don't play much anymore. I guess it's like being a former athlete that still watches the sport they used to play.

Dude if I was making six figures a month at 17 Id be going out with my friends and hooking up with chicks and showing them off, back when you are a teen its all about showing off, now that im older I wouldn't be boasting because I have the wisdom to know about gold diggers and fake friends but at that age its all about boasting and having a good time treating your hanger on friends and female groupies

Id probably buy a fancy car and date a couple hot chicks and show them off like Arm candy just to get the praise from and knowing dudes would be admiring or hating

Its all about peacocking at that age.
True dat brother

Meanwhile people doing real work are living paycheck-to-paycheck and can't afford health care. Society is doomed.
What is real work? You mean an office job behind a computer? There are plenty of 17 year old that don't generate any income at all. If you can find a niche for yourself and can exploit it, more power to you in a capitalist society. Don't understand these 'society is doomed' remarks that always pop off when so and so make this much.

Twitch streamers are like a modern version of street performers except they have the entire internet as an audience. And when people are entertained they tend to give money.

Back