17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

the muntjac

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
EDIT: I took out where it was stated that the other runner from the vehicle turned himself in. It was later reported that authorities were still looking for him.

UPDATE: Turns out the driver was a jitney driver that had nothing to do with the prior shooting. He was questioned and cooperative with police and was released.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsb...e-east-pittsburgh-shooting-jitney-driver/amp/

UPDATE II: Zaijuan Hester, the other kid that ran from the car, has been found and arrested. He is going to face charges in connection with the prior drive-by.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsb...een-who-fled-during-antwon-rose-shooting/amp/

UPDATE III: District Attorney releases new surveillance video in North Braddock Drive-By shooting.
Click on link below to see video.

"The rear-passenger window is rolled down and the person in the back seat sticks his arm out of the window and fires a gun.
A second angle from the same camera shows a man in a red shirt pull out a weapon and return fire before the Chevy Cruze drives off.
Police have said Antwon Rose and 17-year-old Zaijuan Hester were passengers in the car.
Hester is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, receiving stolen property and firearms violations. Detectives say he's the one in the back seat who fired the shot."

(Link with video)
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...in-north-braddock-drive-by-shooting/777675816

UPDATE IV:
Officer Michael Rosfeld charged with criminal homicide in fatal shooting of Antwon Rose.

"Rosfeld said that person turned his hand toward him and he observed something dark, which he perceived to be a gun. Rosfeld said he took cover behind his cruiser to obtain a better view and fired his weapon. At the same time, the second passenger fled from the vehicle.

Police had Rosfeld go through the timeline of events once more. This time, Rosfeld said he did not see a gun when the front seat passenger got out and ran.

Officers confronted Rosfeld about the inconsistency in his report and he stated he did see something in the passenger’s hand, but was not sure what it was. He also stated that he was not sure if the passenger with his arm pointed in his direction was still pointing at him when he fired his weapon.

According to District Attorney Stephen Zappala, Rose can be seen on witness video showing his hands before fleeing. No weapon was found on his person.

“Based on that evidence, I find that Rosfeld’s actions were intentional and they certainly brought about the result he was looking to accomplish. He was not acting to prevent death or serious bodily injury. It is my position that he is not entitled to a justification charge to a jury as a defense. In as much as under Pennsylvania law, if you are effectuating an arrest, you have to show the person being arrested has committed a forcible felony. As I’ve said already, Antwon Rose didn’t do anything in North Braddock other than be in that vehicle and you have to possess a weapon. Neither of those young men were in possession of a weapon. Or, you have to otherwise indicate that somebody is in a position to take human life and that is not the case here,” Zappala said."

The criminal complaint says the shooter in the North Braddock drive-by was in the back seat of the vehicle. That person has been identified as 17-year-old Zaijuan Hester, who is facing several charges, including attempted criminal homicide.

Rose was in the front seat of the jitney and his window remained closed.

“[Hester] is the shooter in North Braddock. By all accounts, Mr. Rose never did anything in furtherance of any crimes in North Braddock,” Zappala said."

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...d-antwon-rose-fatal-shooting-east-pittsburgh/

EVERYTHING BEFORE THE UPDATES: This happened probably 20 minutes from where I live, and it is getting a lot of attention in the news.

Here's the video:

From the link provided below, a car with three teenagers was pulled over by police because their car matched the description of a car that was just involved in a drive-by shooting. Earlier, a guy was shot in the abdomen from a person(s) in a car, and the victim returned fire on the vehicle. The vehicle the teenagers were driving was said to match that car, and it even had bullet holes in the back window.

So the police pull over the car to apprehend the occupants. As they were arresting the driver, the other two teenagers bailed out of the car and took off running. This is when the officer opens fire on them and fatally wounds one of them, 17-year-old Antwon Rose.

Reports say that Antwon was struck three times, all which appear to be in the back. No weapon was found on his person, but two guns were found in the car.

The officer who shot Antwon was sworn in as an East Pittsburgh cop only 90 minutes before the shooting, but from what I understand, he has been an officer since 2011 on other forces.

You can find more details in the link -

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...g-antwon-rose-sworn-in-hours-before-shooting/

A protest has gathered in front of the East Pittsburgh Police Station.

Makes me wonder why the police officer couldn't have taken after them on foot instead of immediately opening fire. I guess since they pulled over a car that was believed to be involved with a shooting that happened earlier, they were quicker to deem the runners as dangerous. Even still, the cop who shot Antwon was in his 20s, so it's not like he was some old buck. He could have at least attempted to chase them rather than just gunning him down in the back. Even if they didn't catch them, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the driver they arrested would have cracked and given the cops their names and where to find them.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out after an investigation is done.

The mayor of Pittsburgh, Bill Peduto, came under some hot water when he made a tweet towards Shaun King when he hamfistedly was trying to tell him that East Pittsburgh was a different borough of its own and not within city limits.

He later apologized.

Last edited:
Tamir rice was a bad killing

This seems entirely justified

Lol at Shaun King....As for the situation, I can't imagine what it must be like to police these areas. Of course, now the cop will become the target of the liberal media, who will make this boy out to be a "poor kid who was on his way to church"...Again, I can't imagine the shit cops are forced to deal with everyday.

It's hard to tell why the cop shot.

If the car and people were involved in a drive by shooting then the cops were on edge I'm sure.

It sounds like a bad shoot from what we have now but I would like to know a lot more before I could really say.

I’ll wait to here some actual details before passing judgement.

The cops were just trying to get home to their families

Lol at Shaun King....As for the situation, I can't imagine what it must be like to police these areas. Of course, now the cop will become the target of the liberal media, who will make this boy out to be a "poor kid who was on his way to church"...Again, I can't imagine the shit cops are forced to deal with everyday.

He was gonna be a doctor!!!! And an astronaut!!!!

And yeah huge lol @ Shaun king, fuck that guy.

A car with three teenagers was pulled over by police because their car matched the description of a car that was just involved in a drive-by shooting. Earlier, a guy was shot in the abdomen from a person(s) in a car, and the victim returned fire on the vehicle. The vehicle the teenagers were driving was said to match that car, and it even had bullet holes in the back window.
<WellThere>

He was gonna be a doctor!!!! And an astronaut!!!!

And yeah huge lol @ Shaun king, fuck that guy.

I am shocked that the black community hasn't come out against Shaun (Talcom X) yet...Dude is straight up appropriating!

It's hard to tell why the cop shot.

If the car and people were involved in a drive by shooting then the cops were on edge I'm sure.

It sounds like a bad shoot from what we have now but I would like to know a lot more before I could really say.
That is a legit shoot. Falls under the violent fleeing felon rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good shoot to be honest.

Bullet holes in car. Matches profile of car. Fleeing officers? You don’t know if they are attempting to get to a better advantaged position.

Why flee? Stupid

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.

Thanks for the information.

I knew something about it but was not sure how it was applied.

Get ready for a long night in Pittsburgh. RIP. Hope everyone stays safe.

Agreed. No way the cop could have known if he was armed. This doesn't sound like a case where there was mistaken identity and it was just some poor kid with a cell phone in his hand. Sounds like they were involved in a shooting. Don't have any sympathy for the boy.

Can't these children thuglife in peace? Racist cops ruin everything!

Hate to see something like this happen at all.. Let alone in my city. Looks terrible without any of the background.

I feel for this kids family/parents but if he was involved in fuckery as being reported then it's his own fault. Still couldn't imagine being a parent having to cope with this and it breaks my heart.

I am now reading that -

According to the Post-Gazette, “Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.”

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/6/20/17484480/antwon-rose-east-pittsburgh-police-shooting-video

So if it does turn out that this vehicle was involved in the prior drive-by, which does seem likely, then it seems this officer was in his right to shoot at him as he was fleeing.

Back