17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

But you didn't judge it blindly, you already picked a position.

Actually, I did the exact opposite.

And I completely understand. But it seems like you don't think ANYONE is shot unlawfully.

LOL...wut?

Just stop. You're babbling, and looking for angle that isn't there. I have a feeling if I had posted "Racist POS pig kills black child. Is normal.", you would not have taken any issue at all with my "position". Your problem here is that my position isn't your position.

I wonder who ts was before his ban. Anyways we already circle jerked to this topic for like a whole year. I can't even get hard anymore about it.

I’ve been banned? And we did what now?

It is a cowardly act to shoot a kid in the back. The cop was probably within his rights given the circumstances, but he's a coward. The consequence of him not shooting would have been nobody getting hurt, and instead a teenager is dead. Are they even charging these kids with the drive by shooting, or is this just about their car looking similar?

Or the suspect who you don't know if he has a gun, but highly suspect he does based on the situation runs, you chase him, he grabs a hostage and now innocent lives are at stake. You want a black and white narrative watch a movie, this is real life.

It's being reported a video surfaced of the victim committing a drive by minutes before the traffic stop.

No idea if it's true but local media is reporting.

Apparently, this is false.

“The Allegheny County Police Department (ACPD) continues to receive inquiries related to reports from police sources that 1) a video of the drive-by shooting in North Braddock shows Antwon Rose firing a gun; and, 2) that gunshot residue has been found on Antwon Rose’s hands.

“According to Lieutenant Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County Police Department’s Homicide Unit, both reports are false. While ACPD does have a video showing the North Braddock incident, that video does NOT show Antwon Rose firing a gun. The information about gunshot residue is also false. Crime Lab reports are still pending and have not yet been issued.

“The District Attorney’s office also concurs and affirms the information provided by Lt. Schurman.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wpxi...nvolved-shooting-in-east-pittsburgh/773155104

Maybe it's time to take a deep breath and wait for some facts to come in before continuing.

Yep, shut it down. This bright young man wrote poetry, had aspirations, and was involved in a shooting and had an empty gun magazine in his pocket along with the two guns in the car.

Yep, shut it down. This bright young man wrote poetry, had aspirations, and was involved in a shooting and had an empty gun magazine in his pocket along with the two guns in the car.

What kind of creature is that in your avatar? I used to think it was a piglet but then noticed the size of the grass blades and started having doubts. I do like your posts.

Looks like the driver was released so quickly because he was a Jitney driver. Just hired to take the two others for a ride. The driver should be a good source of info since he wouldn't have any loyalty or motive to lie. At least he's alive and has a story to tell.

What kind of creature is that in your avatar? I used to think it was a piglet but then noticed the size of the grass blades and started having doubts. I do like your posts.

It is a piglet. And thanks

Looks like the driver was released so quickly because he was a Jitney driver. Just hired to take the two others for a ride. The driver should be a good source of info since he wouldn't have any loyalty or motive to lie. At least he's alive and has a story to tell.

Yeah, I just read this as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsb...e-east-pittsburgh-shooting-jitney-driver/amp/

For those unfamiliar with what a jitney is, it’s an illegal taxi service. It’s used predominantly within poorer communities. It can be dangerous for the drivers because they have been known to get robbed, injured, or even killed. You can read more of Pittsburgh’s jitney scene here -

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...ice-illegal-but-thriving/stories/201309070167

That is a legit shoot. Falls under the violent fleeing felon rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.

This.

I am highly critical of police.

This is a legit shooting.

The bullet hole in the window makes all the difference.

Yeah, I just read this as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsb...e-east-pittsburgh-shooting-jitney-driver/amp/

For those unfamiliar with what a jitney is, it’s an illegal taxi service. It’s used predominantly within poorer communities. It can be dangerous for the drivers because they have been known to get robbed, injured, or even killed. You can read more of Pittsburgh’s jitney scene here -

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...ice-illegal-but-thriving/stories/201309070167

I didn't think it was illegal. There was a brand named Jitney in atlantic city back when I worked there during college. Was this some off the record thing that wasn't affiliated with the actually company?

That is a legit shoot. Falls under the violent fleeing felon rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.

The important part of that decision was:

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

This does not mean that every fleeing person can be shot. It means that if the officer feels that there is an immediate threat to himself or others, he can kill a fleeing suspect. That's hard case to make when the only thing you have is the car matched the description and two of three "suspects" ran. That, and the rather big caveat that these suspects weren't involved in the incident the officers were responding to. That, and the officer who shot had been sworn in less than 24-hours earlier. He was a cop for less than a day and this happened.

The standard isn't just that the offending officer can articulate a nonexistent threat, even a reasonable one. It must be one that a typical officer operating on a typical standard to care would have fired. And I think you'll find plenty of people who think he fired early, as the facts clearly support he did.

The important part of that decision was:

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

This does not mean that every fleeing person can be shot. It means that if the officer feels that there is an immediate threat to himself or others, he can kill a fleeing suspect. That's hard case to make when the only thing you have is the car matched the description and two of three "suspects" ran. That, and the rather big caveat that these suspects weren't involved in the incident the officers were responding to. That, and the officer who shot had been sworn in less than 24-hours earlier. He was a cop for less than a day and this happened.

The standard isn't just that the offending officer can articulate a nonexistent threat, even a reasonable one. It must be one that a typical officer operating on a typical standard to care would have fired. And I think you'll find plenty of people who think he fired early, as the facts clearly support he did.

Except in this case the car in question had bullet holes in the back window in addition to matching the vehicle description. That damn near assures this was the vehicle involved in the drive by.

I personally am very happy it was clarified that not all fleeing felons can be shot without the ability to articulate threat to the public.

But in this case you have a violent felony, already committed. A drive by shooting is a very big threat to the public.

Except in this case the car in question had bullet holes in the back window in addition to matching the vehicle description. That damn near assures this was the vehicle involved in the drive by.

I personally am very happy it was clarified that not all fleeing felons can be shot without the ability to articulate threat to the public.

But in this case you have a violent felony, already committed. A drive by shooting is a very big threat to the public.

I agree, although I'm thought the link stated that this car and it's driver (the one person who didn't bail) was uninvolved.

Regardless, my point was that like the standard for deadly force, it isn't some automatic line where a cops gets to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back. It turns on a case-by-case basis as to whether or not the average cop would have shot in that scenario.

Fuck it not reading all this shit

Kid fled the cops
Bad start
What else’s happened between a and b and should I care this person is out of the gene pool or not

Fuck it not reading all this shit

Kid fled the cops
Bad start
What else’s happened between a and b and should I care this person is out of the gene pool or not
I still don't think it was a good shoot but the cop probably did society a favor.

Back