17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

piece of human trash wannabe gang banger eliminated. no tears will be shed here from me.

I didn't think it was illegal. There was a brand named Jitney in atlantic city back when I worked there during college. Was this some off the record thing that wasn't affiliated with the actually company?

They’re not affiliated with any company or have any sort of permit from the city to provide the service.

LOL, are they still protesting over this dirtbag?
What a complete joke.

Lol at Shaun King....As for the situation, I can't imagine what it must be like to police these areas. Of course, now the cop will become the target of the liberal media, who will make this boy out to be a "poor kid who was on his way to church"...Again, I can't imagine the shit cops are forced to deal with everyday.

It should not be about whether the kid was a good kid or bad kid and should only be about, 'was there a perceived REAL and IDENTIFIED threat that justified the cop using deadly force.

Honesty it makes me sick that Police, the protectors of the people' have the absolute lowest bar of any group when it comes to using deadly force and that is sad. All they typically have to do is be frightened they might be harmed and they can shoot.

A soldier in an active war zone must IDENTIFY and SEE a weapon before firing on any civilians regardless of his suspicions.

A citizen who suspects a threat must IDENTIFY and SEE a weapon before gunning down another citizen.

Cops never need to see any threat. they just need to be scared of one.

(and I am speaking in general here, Not specific to this case)

he was on a different force for 8 years,

That might even play worse. The standard, I believe, is that you look to a professional with roughly the same level of experience. So I would expect a cop of 8 years to show a little more restraint than a cop on the job for the first day.

*Yawn*

That cop is on my side. He's the good guy.

Next.

Here are some updates regarding this story. I made an edit in my original post removing where it said that the other runner turned himself in when this story first broke. That turned out to be false.

OTHER RUNNER IS FOUND:
Zaijuan Hester, the other kid that ran from the car, has been found and arrested. He is going to face charges in connection with the prior drive-by.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsb...een-who-fled-during-antwon-rose-shooting/amp/

VIDEO SHOWS THAT HESTER WAS THE SHOOTER IN DRIVE-BY: District Attorney releases new surveillance video in North Braddock Drive-By shooting.
Click on link below to see video.

"The rear-passenger window is rolled down and the person in the back seat sticks his arm out of the window and fires a gun.
A second angle from the same camera shows a man in a red shirt pull out a weapon and return fire before the Chevy Cruze drives off.
Police have said Antwon Rose and 17-year-old Zaijuan Hester were passengers in the car.
Hester is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, receiving stolen property and firearms violations. Detectives say he's the one in the back seat who fired the shot."

(Link with video)
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...in-north-braddock-drive-by-shooting/777675816

POLICE OFFICER BEING CHARGED WITH CRIMINAL HOMICIDE:
Officer Michael Rosfeld has been charged with criminal homicide in fatal shooting of Antwon Rose.

"Rosfeld said that person turned his hand toward him and he observed something dark, which he perceived to be a gun. Rosfeld said he took cover behind his cruiser to obtain a better view and fired his weapon. At the same time, the second passenger fled from the vehicle.

Police had Rosfeld go through the timeline of events once more. This time, Rosfeld said he did not see a gun when the front seat passenger got out and ran.

Officers confronted Rosfeld about the inconsistency in his report and he stated he did see something in the passenger’s hand, but was not sure what it was. He also stated that he was not sure if the passenger with his arm pointed in his direction was still pointing at him when he fired his weapon.

According to District Attorney Stephen Zappala, Rose can be seen on witness video showing his hands before fleeing. No weapon was found on his person.

“Based on that evidence, I find that Rosfeld’s actions were intentional and they certainly brought about the result he was looking to accomplish. He was not acting to prevent death or serious bodily injury. It is my position that he is not entitled to a justification charge to a jury as a defense. In as much as under Pennsylvania law, if you are effectuating an arrest, you have to show the person being arrested has committed a forcible felony. As I’ve said already, Antwon Rose didn’t do anything in North Braddock other than be in that vehicle and you have to possess a weapon. Neither of those young men were in possession of a weapon. Or, you have to otherwise indicate that somebody is in a position to take human life and that is not the case here,” Zappala said."

The criminal complaint says the shooter in the North Braddock drive-by was in the back seat of the vehicle. That person has been identified as 17-year-old Zaijuan Hester, who is facing several charges, including attempted criminal homicide.

Rose was in the front seat of the jitney and his window remained closed.

“[Hester] is the shooter in North Braddock. By all accounts, Mr. Rose never did anything in furtherance of any crimes in North Braddock,” Zappala said."

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...d-antwon-rose-fatal-shooting-east-pittsburgh/

Back