17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

That is a legit shoot. Falls under the violent fleeing felon rule.

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.

If this is really in the regs as described then the problem with American cops and use of force is far worse than I ever imagined.

Thoughts and prayers for thuglife all day.
tumblr_ows9he9TdY1sqq2a5o1_500.gif

We are now in the position where we rate each killing on a legitimacy scale. Almost like a video game. 10 point buck there jim

Hate to see something like this happen at all.. Let alone in my city. Looks terrible without any of the background.

I feel for this kids family/parents.

If this is really in the regs as described then the problem with American cops and use of force is far worse than I ever imagined.

Yeah, even after reading what the Post Gazette reported about the PA law, something about this just doesn't completely sit right to me. I get that these kids were suspected in a shooting that happened earlier, so that means the cops have free reign to shoot them in the back if they try to take off? Yeah, it's not smart to run from the police, especially if they already have their guns drawn on you, but this feels kinda cold-blooded. I guess we'll see where this goes.

Sounds like those cops just made your community safer TS

Hate to see something like this happen at all.. Let alone in my city. Looks terrible without any of the background.

I feel for this kids family/parents but if he was involved in fuckery as being reported then it's his own fault. Still couldn't imagine being a parent having to cope with this and it breaks my heart.

It hits a little close to home for me because I know a guy who used to associate with less than desirables but didn’t really understand what they were up to. He was just really naive. Really naive. He was under the impression that they were just fronting.

One night he was in the car with them and they wound up in a high speed chase against some rivals. At one point everyone in the car but my friend got their hardware ready. Long story short the other car blew a tire, and my friends car stopped about a block away. They all got out - the other guys ran back towards the other car and my friend ran the opposite direction and never saw those guys again. He ended up moving from the city immediately after for related reasons.

So on one hand, I can understand why the cops were on edge and made the decision they did. On the other hand, I hope this kid didn’t get caught up in something he didn’t understand.

Either way, stay safe Pittsburgh.

Yeah, even after reading what the Post Gazette reported about the PA law, something about this just doesn't completely sit right to me. I get that these kids were suspected in a shooting that happened earlier, so that means the cops have free reign to shoot them in the back if they try to take off? Yeah, it's not smart to run from the police, especially if they already have their guns drawn on you, but this feels kinda cold-blooded. I guess we'll see where this goes.

you're using a strawman to justify your position.

at no point do they have free reign, and its dishonest to pretend so.

He was gonna be a doctor!!!! And an astronaut!!!!

And yeah huge lol @ Shaun king, fuck that guy.
Shaun King is one of stupidest human being on the earth. You know that guy can't believe most of th shit he says.

All I know is that officer must be a badass on the range. 3 pulls and all 3 landed on a running target. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

They just shot someone. They had 3 guns in the car. At least one of them ran from the cops.

Now answer this. How could that cop have known the person running wasn’t still armed & planned on taking someone hostage? Because you know, that sort of thing does happen. Let’s hear your logic on this.

The kid is dead because of his stupidity. It’s not the cops fault.

Lol at Shaun King....As for the situation, I can't imagine what it must be like to police these areas. Of course, now the cop will become the target of the liberal media, who will make this boy out to be a "poor kid who was on his way to church"...Again, I can't imagine the shit cops are forced to deal with everyday.

America. Your cops suck. Get good.

10 minutes ago yahoo news had this story as their headline, titled something like cop shoots uarrmed black teen in the back. Now it looks they’ve already pulled the story. After the facts came out they probably got worried about a lawsuit.

Last edited:
Shaun King is one of stupidest human being on the earth. You know that guy can't believe most of th shit he says.

That dumb jerkoff is probably going to bring up black reparations or some stupid shit.

you're using a strawman to justify your position.

at no point do they have free reign, and its dishonest to pretend so.

I was referring to the PA law that states, "Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested," which grants an officer to shoot at a fleeing suspect.

Perhaps I used "free reign" for lack of better wording, but I think you understood my point regardless, and it would be dishonest for you to pretend so.

If anything, you should have corrected my grammatical mistake of writing "reign" when I should have written rein.

If they were armed and considered dangerous, it would have been a disservice and outright irresponsible to not stop the vehicle by any means necessary. What if they escaped and shot more people? The cops would be to blame for letting them get away in the first place.

They just shot someone. They had 3 guns in the car. At least one of them ran from the cops.

Now answer this. How could that cop have known the person running wasn’t still armed & planned on taking someone hostage? Because you know, that sort of thing does happen. Let’s hear your logic on this.

The kid is dead because of his stupidity. It’s not the cops fault.

I understand that the kid made a poor choice by running away, and if he was part of or is an accessory to attempted murder, then it definitely makes it harder to sympathize for him. It's not unfathomable for me to understand why the cop would shoot, but at the same time, can't I find it unfortunate that a person was shot down in the back? Or is that unreasonable?

I was referring to the PA law that states, "Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested," which grants an officer to shoot at a fleeing suspect.

Perhaps I used "free reign" for lack of better wording, but I think you understood my point regardless, and it would be dishonest for you to pretend so.

If anything, you should have corrected my grammatical mistake of writing "reign" when I should have written rein.

it wasn't poor wording, it was specifically your point

I get that these kids were suspected in a shooting that happened earlier, so that means the cops have free reign to shoot them in the back if they try to take off?

have a little integrity. or barring that, do bother to be dishonest about something so easily quotable.

they must follow the law, and use their discretion when the need arises. as we all can. they can still be found negligent. if you have an actual argument against any of that, present it.

I am now reading that -

According to the Post-Gazette, “Pennsylvania law allows police officers to use deadly force to prevent someone from escaping arrest if that person has committed a forcible felony, possesses a deadly weapon or if the person has indicated he or she will endanger human life or inflict bodily injury if not arrested.”

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/6/20/17484480/antwon-rose-east-pittsburgh-police-shooting-video

So if it does turn out that this vehicle was involved in the prior drive-by, which does seem likely, then it seems this officer was in his right to shoot at him as he was fleeing.
So in this case it seems key to know whether these are the same teenagers who just shot another person. If they were, I don't see much to get upset about here.

Why flee? Stupid

If in fact they had just shot a person, then they were likely fleeing to avoid a lengthy prison term for attempted murder.

Back