17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

If it's proven that these kids were in fact that same car that tried to kill somebody earlier, obviously I'm not going to be upset to a level of, "Oh, those goddamn cops!" However, I'm still going to think it's unfortunate that this kid lost his life, when possibly there could have been a different outcome.

maybe it has been addressed, but I just skimmed the thread, but I deputize you the eyes and ears of Pittsburgh regarding this story.

now make this your avatar:

iu

yes, and none of it is an argument against the law, or what happened here. you tried a strawman argument, and that didn't work.

and this:
is gibberish.

you don't have an argument against the law or how its followed, and you dont have the integrity to admit it.

Admit I was wrong in some false narrative you created? No thanks. Nice "nuh uh" response, by the way.

I was posing a question whether it was okay for the cop to open fire on the fleeing suspect despite the law that is in place. It's clear you're just being hung up on my word usage. I feel I've been fairly open and consistent with my stance this entire thread, so I don't get why you're calling me dishonest.

But if we're just going to have a petty argument, then I'm going to decline.

Lol @ '17 year old teenager.'

Why not put 204 month old infant baby child?

1 + 1 = 2 !

This kid shot the rapper from yesterday xxxcitation

Who wants to be in the rap group with us?

@Fedorable - XXXPlorer
@AgonyandIrony - XXXpedition
@Madmick - XXXcort

we still need a FiXXXta and an XXXcursion.

Last edited:
If it's proven that these kids were in fact that same car that tried to kill somebody earlier, obviously I'm not going to be upset to a level of, "Oh, those goddamn cops!" However, I'm still going to think it's unfortunate that this kid lost his life, when possibly there could have been a different outcome.

A different outcome? Like a hostage being taken and an innocent person being terrorized or killed?

Or a different outcome like the offender finding an ambush position and shooting an officer and killing him.?

Or an outcome where 'the shitty cops you hate' follow the perp and find him inside a house full of innocent people and a gun battle ensues killing multiple people?

Oh well. I'd rather have this cop in my neighborhood than the one that lets him free to break into my house when he is on the run.

That is a legit shoot. Falls under the violent fleeing felon rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

You have a suspect in a car with bullet holes in it, that matches a drive by vehicle and multiple subjects fleeing into a neighborhood. It is reasonable to believe the fleeing subject is armed and a threat to the public.
I still don't understand why some people, mostly blacks, do this. The police stop you, you dash, what the fuck are you expecting? Especially when you are in a bullet ridden car.

I'm going to wait for @Bloodworth before I give a reaction.

Liberals want to get to the point where any cop shooting will be justified.
They care more about antwon in stolen cars then about police officers

What's next 17 years old in stolen car , just robbed a 711, raped a classmate and shot at police.
Did the police have to kill him. Lol.

Its almost as worse as the military under liberal Democrats

This was Iraq .

Sir we see the enemy moving position and digging in. Can we engage?

Let me call hq

Hq said do not engag until attacker first.

Sir we are taking small arms fire, can we shoot back

Let me tell hq

Hq we have been receiving small arms fire, can we engage.

Hq said only fire back if someone gets hit

And dont use large caliber weapons those are inhumane

The cops were just trying to get home to their families
Do you understand why it's vile to make fun of police deaths or does saying this cute little phrase just make you feel self satisfied?

I mean, what's so wrong about criminals? They're just trying to get home so they can commit more awesome crimes.

We are now in the position where we rate each killing on a legitimacy scale. Almost like a video game. 10 point buck there jim
We always have examined law enforcement shoots on a legitimacy scale, this is as old as law enforcement in the country.

Involved in drive by shooting.
Police chase.
Run from car.

You're telling me you want these people to get away into your community? Shooting them seems to be the only reasonable thing to do. I wouldn't want these fuckers around me or my kids.

a car with three teenagers was pulled over by police because their car matched the description of a car that was just involved in a drive-by shooting. Earlier, a guy was shot in the abdomen from a person(s) in a car, and the victim returned fire on the vehicle. The vehicle the teenagers were driving was said to match that car, and it even had bullet holes in the back window.

So the police pull over the car to apprehend the occupants. As they were arresting the driver, the other two teenagers bailed out of the car and took off running. This is when the officer opens fire on them and fatally wounds one of them, 17-year-old Antwon Rose.

Reports say that Antwon was struck three times, all which appear to be in the back. No weapon was found on his person, but two guns were found in the car.

Not sure what people expect the cops to do.
Reports of a drive by shooting that resulted in someone being shot, car matches very specific descriptions, the perps flee, and there's confirmed guns in the car. Cops know they're armed, they dont know they left the guns in the car.

Should they chase them over fences/around corners to possibly be ambushed and shot themselves? Maybe. But that requires such a massive restructuring of how police are trained- something that would take years to implement.

Cops are definitely too trigger happy in general, but people dont understand they're trained to take zero risks when approaching deadly criminals.

Here's a thought for the people outraged: don't participate in drive by shootings- it's a good way to get yourself killed by trigger happy cops.

Yeah, even after reading what the Post Gazette reported about the PA law, something about this just doesn't completely sit right to me. I get that these kids were suspected in a shooting that happened earlier, so that means the cops have free reign to shoot them in the back if they try to take off? Yeah, it's not smart to run from the police, especially if they already have their guns drawn on you, but this feels kinda cold-blooded. I guess we'll see where this goes.
Yeah, what's the worst drive by shooters could do if we just allow them to take off?

The first time a child is killed by suspects in a similar scenario while being allowed to flee, the cops will be forced to answer for why they let deadly suspects to walk away.

It is a cowardly act to shoot a kid in the back. The cop was probably within his rights given the circumstances, but he's a coward. The consequence of him not shooting would have been nobody getting hurt, and instead a teenager is dead. Are they even charging these kids with the drive by shooting, or is this just about their car looking similar?

Liberals want to get to the point where any cop shooting will be justified.
They care more about antwon in stolen cars then about police officers

What's next 17 years old in stolen car , just robbed a 711, raped a classmate and shot at police.
Did the police have to kill him. Lol.

Its almost as worse as the military under liberal Democrats

This was Iraq .

Sir we see the enemy moving position and digging in. Can we engage?

Let me call hq

Hq said do not engag until attacker first.

Sir we are taking small arms fire, can we shoot back

Let me tell hq

Hq we have been receiving small arms fire, can we engage.

Hq said only fire back if someone gets hit

And dont use large caliber weapons those are inhumane

There was a thread on here not long away where a guy had stolen a car, just committed a robbery and was then trying to run over the cops when they attempted to apprehend him. I think he'd also already run over a pedestrian at this point too. Yet because he was black people were still crying and complaining that the cops shot him. It's crazy.

Last edited:
Involved in drive by shooting.
Police chase.
Run from car.

You're telling me you want these people to get away into your community? Shooting them seems to be the only reasonable thing to do. I wouldn't want these fuckers around me or my kids.
They were just kids blowing off steam!

A different outcome? Like a hostage being taken and an innocent person being terrorized or killed?

Or a different outcome like the offender finding an ambush position and shooting an officer and killing him.?

Or an outcome where 'the shitty cops you hate' follow the perp and find him inside a house full of innocent people and a gun battle ensues killing multiple people?

Oh well. I'd rather have this cop in my neighborhood than the one that lets him free to break into my house when he is on the run.

I never once said “shitty cops I hate” in this thread, or have even suggested that I hate cops. From the get-go, I’ve merely just questioned why the cop would have to be so quick to shoot down a fleeing suspect in the back rather than say give chase first. I’m seeing the consensus as being the potential threat of the suspect outweighing everything else, which I’ve even made clear that I can understand that sentiment.

I get it, police shootings can be a hot topic, and I’m sure there have been a fair share of arguments on this forum regarding them. So people seem primed and ready to label somebody questioning the cop’s immediate actions as a cop hater. There’s no need to lump me in because of preconceived notions.

Back