176 lbs wrestler vs 308 lbs powerlifter wrestling match

They both have fucking sweet mullets. The small dude could be Macguyver, the big dude looks like vandamns bro from kickboxer.

I'd like to see this sort of size/skill/strength difference but greco.

There actually is a pretty good way to see what sorts of upper body techniques might be more efficient against someone heavier in weight class; watching what succeeds in heavier weight classes.

There actually is a pretty good way to see what sorts of upper body techniques might be more efficient against someone heavier in weight class; watching what succeeds in heavier weight classes.

I'm sorry I don't see how that applies. I'm saying id like to see how this sort of size/strength/skill disparity would play out in an upper Body only type setting. You're suggesting I do that by watching 2 greco guys of roughly the same size wrestle?

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't see how that applies. I'm saying id like to see how this sort of size/strength/skill disparity would play out in an upper Body only type setting. You're suggesting I do that by watching 2 greco guys of roughly the same size wrestle?

I get what you mean then. It's something i've sometimes liked to think about too, if only as a thought exercise, for want of any actual examples (or willing bodies). One of the biggest reasons i'd be interested to see is if any, then what, things that the slighter party might do that were effective. So it is in fact on that note my post was aimed.

To explain that, If both parties being the same size were the most predominant factor, then you should see roughly the same sorts of tactics across all weight classes. If you see differences in tactics over various weight classes though, then that's significant. Meaning different sizes have different influences, even when both are the same size. i personally feel this to be the case, in particular due to differences in power-to-weight ratio/square-cube law.

So in that sense, looking at what one heavyweight wrestler might do to most elegantly overcome another heavyweight wrestler, ironically actually would look similar to what a smaller wrestler might also do to be successful.

Last edited:
Back