1911 build video series

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
These are rather interesting I feel. Partly because this goon does it with only a vise, calipers, file and bench block for his metal cutting. What he turns out is quite a nice piece. Check it:

jump to

Part 6, Cutting for sights

Part 11, Slide cuts, (by hand!)

Part 14, Testing
https://youtu.be/tdF8Y4_Ypvw

Pretty Neat if you have time patience and a steady hand.

2jhbox.gif

never understood the appeal of a full size 1911...in 9mm. its like hi-power at a higher price point and less reliability. I can see getting a commander or officer size in that chambering though.

never understood the appeal of a full size 1911...in 9mm. its like hi-power at a higher price point and less reliability. I can see getting a commander or officer size in that chambering though.

For a moment I wanted a 9mm 1911, but decided against it soon as I saw it.

Super weak main spring, plus a number of other things reminded me of those 22LR conversions, you know the ones that work one moment then jam the next.

Now I've got the Hots for a full sized 45 comp gun.

Thinking if I get a good deal on a Springfield RangeOfficer then score a EGW comp blank I can con my brother into a finish/install job, gratis.

Worst comes to worse may go with a Clark, except I'd rather not have a bushing based comp.

More shit to lay some loot on.

For a moment I wanted a 9mm 1911, but decided against it soon as I saw it.

Super weak main spring, plus a number of other things reminded me of those 22LR conversions, you know the ones that work one moment then jam the next.

Now I've got the Hots for a full sized 45 comp gun.

Thinking if I get a good deal on a Springfield RangeOfficer then score a EGW comp blank I can con my brother into a finish/install job, gratis.

Worst comes to worse may go with a Clark, except I'd rather not have a bushing based comp.

More shit to lay some loot on.

I shot a nighthawk 1911 the other day (.45acp of course I am not shooting a gay ass metric measured round). Pretty sweet gun.

A 1911 Commander in 9mm is on my bucket list.

Don't go metric. Then next thing you know you will be on a Pride float.

The only non .45 ACP round I would go with for a 1911 is 10mm.

Back