2 new Fridges for AirForce 1 to cost $24 million

th

This is why conservatives don't want government controlled industries.

Conservatives have generally exempted arms deals and military spending from their fiscal concerns. Hell, when Trump said last night that he wanted to fully fund the military, this is the shit he would be paying for with that additional money.

This is why conservatives don't want government controlled industries.

Yup, nothing says fiscal restraint for the DOD and standing up to corrupt corporations like the GOP.

Because $2 Billion for a whole plane, a very specialized plane, is harder to make a case against than $24 for 2 freezer units. It is much easier to notice the absurd cost when the item in question is smaller and far less complex than an entire aircraft.

And I am not sure why you brought Trump into this, implying that I blame him, when I specifically mentioned in the OP that I place the primary blame on Boeing and the gov. dept. responsible for authorizing the acquisition.

I think your average, or even your well-off American, someone making $200k a year... has absolutely no idea how much a plane should cost, or how much a "very specialized" plane would cost... certainly not how much a refrigerator unit for such an item.

When millions and billions start getting thrown around and ascribed to untenable possessions, people aren't interested. They can't relate.

Tell them that President Trump is paying $400.00 for a "very specialized" double cheese burger from McDonalds, or $70.00 per can of diet coke... People will flip their collective shit.

tenor.gif

Also, when did Sherdog become airplane engineering cost experts?

My guess is the price is from many things

Seems like they were just guessing....

Unless this fridge is on the space station, 24 million is comical. But these days government waste happens so often it might as well be a day of the week, so what do we do?

What worries me more is 2 pills that cost $38 for a bottle of 120 are amazingly $35 A PIECE when you're inside of an ambulance. How does that happen?

Tell them that President Trump is paying $400.00 for a "very specialized" double cheese burger from McDonalds, or $70.00 per can of diet coke... People will flip their collective shit.

Your analogy is great, because anyone who ever justifies spending $400 on a cheeseburger is a complete fucking idiot who deserves to be robbed by his government.

Government contract (especially in defense sector) turns into a completely blank check for contractee with no oversight

Next to lobbying/electional “fundraising” it’s the biggest cause of corruption in our government and it’s fucking everywhere. I’d vote for a prez on either side of the aisle who I felt would actually reel this waste in

I think the single biggest fantasy of modern time is the hope that a savior will come from "either side of the isle".

Government shopping habits will just be more of the same no matter if there's a donkey or an elephant grazing on the south lawn, because Americans have come to accept it as normal, despite the occasional selective-outrage and grand standing.

Last edited:
Eight cents per American citizen. The could have hired a couple of people to keep ice in a cooler and bring all the passengers refreshments for well less than 24 million.

If you think that $$ is actually going towards "fridges" you're gullible AF.

All the top secret stuff that they put on that plane has to be budgeted for, but they can't actually list it on the ledger honestly.

Why does air force one require different refrigeration than a regular plane ?
its a special design for diet coke
nothing new really, the pentagon has been payin thousands for a hammer for decades.

If you think that $$ is actually going towards "fridges" you're gullible AF.

All the top secret stuff that they put on that plane has to be budgeted for, but they can't actually list it on the ledger honestly.
This is what I was wondering when reading the article. What else is being included?

This corporate welfare is absolutely embarrassing and sickening.

should’ve just gone to Costco

They should install a couple of these badboys as well. I'm sure the Donald would put them to good use.

burger-chute-stainless-steel-heated.jpg

I think your average, or even your well-off American, someone making $200k a year... has absolutely no idea how much a plane should cost, or how much a "very specialized" plane would cost... certainly not how much a refrigerator unit for such an item.

When millions and billions start getting thrown around and ascribed to untenable possessions, people aren't interested. They can't relate.

tenor.gif

Honda's small passenger jet airliner costs $4.5 million new. Honda has been developing it for 20 years now.

$24 million for 2 freezer/fridge units or $4.5million for an entire Hondajet. Yes I know about economies of scale. But Honda has a long development cost and this plane just recently went on sale. Engineering firms routinely provide 1 off custom products for industrial applications.

1_52.jpg

We need an independent special counsel to investigate the frig scam.

It's corrupt and everyone involved in the project should be charged with treason and be hanged.

It's an ugly game. You need to pay taxes or else be kidnapped by armed men and be locked in a cage.

It should be government's priority to be frugal and wise with tax dollars.

This frivolous spending is commonplace and simply accepted because people feel they have no choice. We should be outraged over this but we are pathetic sheep with no spine.

Many people will say things like "it's only 8 cents per taxpayer, not a big deal". The problem is that this over-spending is everywhere. Too many politicians with too large of salary and way too large expense accounts. Uncontrolled spending in the military sector, uncontrolled spending of the alphabet organizations, uncontrolled price inflation in the medical sector.

The country could be run for half of what it currently spends and we'd all have a lot more money in our pockets.

I don't understand how so many people are content with just bending over and accepting the corruption.

Back