Elections 20 000 Republicans just voted a Nazi through the primaries

Three things.

1) He ran unopposed; so even 50 votes would have got him the victory. Unless you have an organized well funded write-in campaign, a sole candidate is going to win.

2) There's a lot of voters who don't even know who they're voting for. They're just party line voters who click R or D down the list. YES, there's plenty of Democrats who'd get the same treatment. It makes it hard for 3rd party candidates to thrive when an electorate is so entrenched in the 2 party system.

3) When progressives run around calling anyone a nazi who isn't a far left radical, It becomes a lot harder to ACTUALLY fight a nazi candidate. Even a Jew like Ben Shapiro gets called a nazi. It's classic "boy who cried wolf" syndrome, i.e. apathy to constant alarmist behaviors, that allows these bigoted types of candidates to thrive.

So the excuses are...

1. They're uninformed about who they're voting for.
2. They simply vote along party lines, regardless of who they're voting for.
3. The word nazi is overused so even if they knew he was a nazi, they probably thought "but not a real nazi".
4. It doesn't matter because he was unopposed.

So the best conclusion I can reach about republicans here is they're ignorant and easy to manipulate(simply voting party)?

The fact that he even got a single vote says a lot about Republicans in Illinois.
No. The republican party has been actively fighting him. It says a lot about nazis in illinois.

So the excuses are...

3. The word nazi is overused so even if they knew he was a nazi, they probably thought "but not a real nazi".

So the best conclusion I can reach about republicans here is they're ignorant and easy to manipulate(simply voting party)?

Well... they don't vote left so not so ignorant and easy to manipulate.

Only 225k people voted at all in their last election. That means a pretty significant portion of them are voting Nazi.

some very convincing arguments for a voter eligibility test in this thread

No. The republican party has been actively fighting him. It says a lot about nazis in illinois.

Yeah there's no way the republicans could have ran another guy against Jones on the primary to keep him from getting the nomination and making them look like idiots.

No way at all they could have done that. Nope.

This is why people on this forum are so combative. You ask a question, and for every one answer you get ten insults. Behaviour like yours is just furthering the division.
So...you're saying we shouldn't be combative in the "War Room"?

So the excuses are...

God awful excuses. Transparently defending the indefensible. It's more than ignorance, it's support.

Three things.

1) He ran unopposed; so even 50 votes would have got him the victory. Unless you have an organized well funded write-in campaign, a sole candidate is going to win.

2) There's a lot of voters who don't even know who they're voting for. They're just party line voters who click R or D down the list. YES, there's plenty of Democrats who'd get the same treatment. It makes it hard for 3rd party candidates to thrive when an electorate is so entrenched in the 2 party system.

3) When progressives run around calling anyone a nazi who isn't a far left radical, It becomes a lot harder to ACTUALLY fight a nazi candidate. Even a Jew like Ben Shapiro gets called a nazi. It's classic "boy who cried wolf" syndrome, i.e. apathy to constant alarmist behaviors, that allows these bigoted types of candidates to thrive.
I'll bite. Show me these people calling Ben Shapiro a nazi. If they exist I have no doubt they are pillars of the political commentary community and should be easy to dig up. Let's see 'em.

Yeah there's no way the republicans could have ran another guy against Jones on the primary to keep him from getting the nomination and making them look like idiots.

No way at all they could have done that. Nope.
Oh they fucked up. Bad. But you guys equating this to republicans supporting nazis is precisely why the word nazi has lost its meaning.

Oh they fucked up. Bad. But you guys equating this to republicans supporting nazis is precisely why the word nazi has lost its meaning.

It didn't lose it's meaning when Republicans spent 9 years calling Obama Hitler? The right wing invented "literally Hitler" and they were not being sarcastic. There was an entire "Obama is literally Hitler" reddit page that ran for years.

Now they use "literally Hitler" to mock Liberals, after actually saying that for 9 years.

Please. The big mean liberals are not an excuse for pussy ass Nazi sympathizers. But if it's the case that the big mean liberals damaged people's brains so severely that they are emotionally incapable of confronting Nazis, maybe they should grab a fucking blanket and go suck their thumbs in the corner, and let the grown ups handle business.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Back