20 moderators NO ACTION TAKEN

SakurabaSan said:
There's the list of mods at the bottom of the page and not one of them is online so i guess that's the problem.
Some mods choose to hide their user status so they don't show up in the active list. You can still see them posting though.

Regarding the PM issue, personally I don't mind them. When I log on, usually I have about 3 or 4 new ones regarding troll threads, fighter bashing, wasteland-worthy threads. Someone sends me a link, I click, I deal with it, problem solved.

If people think we need new/more moderators for immediate action, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but again, I'll say that PM's go a long way.

I usually have AT least 8 PM's when I log on.

Fight nights are mayhem and when the site got hacked I was working overtime.

Sonny said:
I\Fight nights are mayhem and when the site got hacked I was working overtime.

Ditto. Moderating Sherdog on fight nights has sucked some of the life out of big MMA events for me. Those are the times where we could seriously use more guys online for immediate action.

SuperSuperRambo said:
Ditto. Moderating Sherdog on fight nights has sucked some of the life out of big MMA events for me. Those are the times where we could seriously use more guys online for immediate action.

that's why threads like this get to me. When the Pride/UFC merger rumour came out the HWT forum was a mess. I must have merged 20 threads and deleted more than that. Not to mention the FLOOD of PM's I was getting about deleted threads and trolls. On a fight night it can get even worse and combine that with all the trolls that need banning it can get pretty hectic.

The hack was shit too.

But still I rarely ever see a "good job" thread or anything like one.

Sonny said:
that's why threads like this get to me. When the Pride/UFC merger rumour came out the HWT forum was a mess. I must have merged 20 threads and deleted more than that. Not to mention the FLOOD of PM's I was getting about deleted threads and trolls. On a fight night it can get even worse and combine that with all the trolls that need banning it can get pretty hectic.

The hack was shit too.

Agreed.

BTW, I wouldn't call it a hack really. More of a slip-up. You know what I mean.

SuperSuperRambo said:
Agreed.

BTW, I wouldn't call it a hack really. More of a slip-up. You know what I mean.

Yeah I wasn't really going there dude, if you know what I mean.

But the amount of shit that the cunt did here took some time to clean up. And like I said my PM box was literally full of PM's from people asking what happened.

Sonny said:

seriously, you guys do a pretty damn good job. (btw, if someone's gonna quote me and call me a suckup, stfu.)

im sure it's not even close to easy to monitor 80,000 people, not to mention that some use dynamic ip, some are spam bots, others are just plain stupid. some mods seem to have full pm boxes more often than others, but for the most part i have no problem with any mod here whatsoever; it seems as if at some point they've all helped me somehow

i had always wanted to make a thank you/good job thread, but i was once dubbed for "stupid/empty" in the cust service and didn't want to revisit that.
not to mention, all of the replies would be idiots calling me a suck up and a postwhore (people don't even know what that word means around here)

but seriously though, thanks to all of you. some of you have helped me with avs, others questions, others have helped with the posters who start threads with gay-pron/malware links i've been unfortunate enough to enter. others are just plain funny and knowlegable.

thanks again guys, keep it up

SuperSuperRambo said:
Regarding the PM issue, personally I don't mind them. When I log on, usually I have about 3 or 4 new ones regarding troll threads, fighter bashing, wasteland-worthy threads. Someone sends me a link, I click, I deal with it, problem solved.

If people think we need new/more moderators for immediate action, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but again, I'll say that PM's go a long way.

Can rest assured when you log in your sure to have atleast 1 or 2 from me sitting there lol :icon_chee

The thing is, most people have absolutely NO IDEA about the specifics of moderating this board. There are steps that need to be taken when taking care of problems whether it be banning, dubs, complaints, deleting threads etc.

fanattic said:
seriously, you guys do a pretty damn good job. (btw, if someone's gonna quote me and call me a suckup, stfu.)

im sure it's not even close to easy to monitor 80,000 people, not to mention that some use dynamic ip, some are spam bots, others are just plain stupid. some mods seem to have full pm boxes more often than others, but for the most part i have no problem with any mod here whatsoever; it seems as if at some point they've all helped me somehow

i had always wanted to make a thank you/good job thread, but i was once dubbed for "stupid/empty" in the cust service and didn't want to revisit that.
not to mention, all of the replies would be idiots calling me a suck up and a postwhore (people don't even know what that word means around here)

but seriously though, thanks to all of you. some of you have helped me with avs, others questions, others have helped with the posters who start threads with gay-pron/malware links i've been unfortunate enough to enter. others are just plain funny and knowlegable.

thanks again guys, keep it up

You suck up. :icon_chee

Just kidding.... The mods do a great job. I don't think the majority realize how much trouble they go through each and every day. You have to remember that these guys are doing this on a voluntary basis on their own free time. No pay, no compensation, just a bunch of MMA fans trying to keep a forum from being flooded by trolls.

Keep up the great work!

fanattic - where did you get your AV?

King Kabuki said:
fanattic - where did you get your AV?

don't recall to be honest, someone posted a thread in the ot explaining how to get to the site either yesterday or this morning. the url wasn't easy to remember and had a bunch of numbers and such

Christ, if you come across that thread let me know. I'll look for it myself in a bit.

Or Sonny, if you see it let me know.

King Kabuki said:
Christ, if you come across that thread let me know. I'll look for it myself in a bit.

Or Sonny, if you see it let me know.

pm sent

I was gonna link it in here but theres pr0n on the site and I couldnt find links to the little avatars.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
I was gonna link it in here but theres pr0n on the site and I couldnt find links to the little avatars.

~Foz

same here, and if i did link it, you guys would probably end up getting thousands of pms from people wanting them for avs

Back