20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

Great list. We should really already know all of that but its refreshing to be reminded and reminded why. I am in favor of this list!

Very good article man, thanks for posting it. I'm definitely going to start eating berries in the morning with my oats.

Do you mean 900mg? I've read 1000mg, but 9000 would mean that I have to take 50 a day of my current softgels to get the EPA/DHA I need. Even the best ones, I'd have to take more than twenty times the recommended dosage.

Clarification, please?

general consensus on the thread is that he meant 9000mg of total fish oil at 180/120 EPA/DHA. that would come out to about 2700mg of EPA/DHA, which is about 4 pills a day for me. regardless, you should not follow an article to the tee, but slightly alter it to fit into your practical every day life. even if 9000mg EPA/DHA is good for me, i wouldn't take that much, because of the smelly bathroom poops LOL.

nice thread...most of those dont taste that good, but hey, thats a given...

Just squeeze lemon on top of everything. I'm a Veg., this or tobasco sauce is my solution to all my bland grains/vegetable issues. Then again I know my palate is insanely tilted towards acids.

I'm not really feeling the "drink 2 cups of water with every meal" suggestion. Maybe if you run marathons or live in the desert will that apply.

So I recently starting putting flaxseed oil in my oatmeal in the morning, is the oil no good like the article states?

maybe not 'no good' but certainly not as good as the ground seeds, get
them instead, tastes better and cheap anyway.

maybe not 'no good' but certainly not as good as the ground seeds, get
them instead, tastes better and cheap anyway.

Ok thanks, is there any specific brands you recommend? Also do you have to grind them up to better consume them?

Ok thanks, is there any specific brands you recommend? Also do you have to grind them up to better consume them?

Don't worry about brand, I'd be shocked if you had more than 2 choices anyway.

Your body doesn't process whole flax seeds very well, so yes, you need to get milled flax seed.

Don't worry about brand, I'd be shocked if you had more than 2 choices anyway.

Your body doesn't process whole flax seeds very well, so yes, you need to get milled flax seed.

So i bought the milled flax seeds today, do they still need to be blended up and how much of it should i eat a day?

No, milled flax seeds are already finely ground, no sense grinding them more.

How much should you eat? Well, the Omega-3 in flax seeds is barely worth counting, so they're really not that useful except as a fiber supplement, in my opinion. Mine came with a scoop, probably about a tablespoon, I throw it in my yogurt at night, good for regularity, and I like regularity.

Note, if you eat too many, you will probably have some seriously bad bloating/cramps. So start small.

No, milled flax seeds are already finely ground, no sense grinding them more.

How much should you eat? Well, the Omega-3 in flax seeds is barely worth counting, so they're really not that useful except as a fiber supplement, in my opinion. Mine came with a scoop, probably about a tablespoon, I throw it in my yogurt at night, good for regularity, and I like regularity.

Note, if you eat too many, you will probably have some seriously bad bloating/cramps. So start small.

So eating about one to two tablespoons a day of flax seeds is not that great of a source for omega-3? Should I be taking a fish oil supplement as well to get enough omega-3?

Flax of any sort is no substitute for fish oil, and you most certainly need to go read the stickies.

Back