20-year-old Florida man claims $450 million lottery jackpot

I subscribe to Mega Millions because even though I know the odds of winning are infinitesimal, I need to know in the back of my head that there is a chance I could win the jackpot.
There is a subscription?

Doesn't the trust have to be set up in advance?

set up before you claim the ticket yes. I think you have a certain amount of time to come forth and claim the winning ticket, more than enough time to set the trust up.

set up before you claim the ticket yes. I think you have a certain amount of time to come forth and claim the winning ticket, more than enough time to set the trust up.
Taking-Notes.gif

The lump sum is usually the better option but for a 20yo I'd recommend the annual payments.

That kid better get ready for the bullshit lines:
"You know in high school, I used to like you right?"
"It's your baby"
"I'm your long lost brother Peter"

even as a 40 year old I'd probably take annuity

Hmm not sure personally.

I'd run number on what I could get from us treasury bonds. Effectively the same risk profile. Actually I'd say the Bonds have less Risk.

I recall something I read about doing car mods. Basically you should do them 1by1, it's more expensive per mod but you actually enjoy each upgrade instead of Just enjoying a massive won and then seeking even more.

statistically he'll be bankrupt in like five years max

but that could potentially be the greatest five years in human existence...

respect

450 million and he’s still drsssing like shit I see.

Thick white shirt under a polo shirt. Lol.

Oh Florida

In Powerball it's a year. There was a million dollar winning ticket purchased in the local city that was never claimed. The place that sold it had ads out wanting to find the buyer because they get a cut. Nobody ever came up with it. People check to see if they win the big jackpot but many don't know or forget about other prizes. Somebody lost out on a million.

looks more like a normal, reepectable guy than a florida trailer trasher as i expected
Shane-Missler.jpg

hope he didn't hump any florida monkeys prior to striking it rich.

Lol dick move to broadcast his identity

I'd take the lump sum and promptly disappear
Whats the laws with American lotto?

Is it by state if they can name the winner or?

Back