2009: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who would have won?

Who would have won in 2009?

• Total voters
Cool. This forum needs another Pac-Bradley 1 discussion.

Who knows? Pacman did a lot better in their actual match than people give him credit for.
Who else has visibly hurt Floyd two times in a match?
He landed clean many times, he timed Floyd with his left and countered him from both sides etc...

The thing is Pacman was more cerebral at that time, but he had lost somewhat the explosive footwork and grit that were 50% of his game.

So who knows? Floyd would have also been somewhat faster and sharper in 2009.
It's close to a 50-50 fight with Mayweather having the edge since he won the actual match.

"I think I had it a draw and other credible posters did as well." LOL just to make you feel confident.

Yea, Lederman's card is ridiculous, but saying Pac didn't win that fight is also laughable.
Here are the scores of the 5 WBO Championship Committee judges on the review panel of the fight:
117–111, 117–111, 118–110, 116–112, and 115–113, all in favor of Pac.

Convince me that you're more credible than them for saying it was a draw, or Bradley won, together with your "other credible posters".
I've always found this appealing to authority reasoning in boxing discussions ridiculous. If you actually knew the sport like you said, you would know there are different aspects when scoring a fight. This makes the process subjective since different people put more value in different aspects (defense and precision or volume punching and ring generalship for example). Go read how fights are scored, decide what you appreciate more and start watching fights with that in mind. Do yourself the work and stop depending on media. What the fuck do I care how Lederman scored the fight?

Last edited:
"I think I had it a draw and other credible posters did as well." LOL just to make you feel confident.

Yea, Lederman's card is ridiculous, but saying Pac didn't win that fight is also laughable.
Here are the scores of the 5 WBO Championship Committee judges on the review panel of the fight:

Convince me that you're more credible than them for saying it was a draw, or Bradley won, together with your "other credible posters".
Yea cuz I was the idiot who posted Ledermans shit card as my defense...
You know who agreed with me? Two of the only 3 people that mattered. The judges.

Last edited:
I brought up the bradly fight but it was only in conjunction with the marquez loss, he was beatable by that point, the 2009 version was insane, i think he'd take it just off the crazy wind he had, there is a reason mayweather did all the "he don't want to fight, he won't agree with the deals" fucking around all those years.

I brought up the bradly fight but it was only in conjunction with the marquez loss, he was beatable by that point, the 2009 version was insane, i think he'd take it just off the crazy wind he had, there is a reason mayweather did all the "he don't want to fight, he won't agree with the deals" fucking around all those years.
That's the biggest clue for me that Mayweather would have struggled to beat Pac of 2009. Because he didn't want anything to do with that fight. Mayweather is probably the best judge of Pac's abilities as there is, and I trust his instincts. If he didn't want the fight there was a good reason for that.

That's the biggest clue for me that Mayweather would have struggled to beat Pac of 2009. Because he didn't want anything to do with that fight. Mayweather is probably the best judge of Pac's abilities as there is, and I trust his instincts. If he didn't want the fight there was a good reason for that.
I thought it was common knowledge now that Pacquiao and his team were at fault for the delay.

Pacquiao never cut the ring well enough to clearly beat Mayweather. People talking about the 2009 version of Pacquiao throwing 1000 punches against a mover and counter puncher like Mayweather need to watch Marquez, a fighter who engaged on even terms much more willingly than Mayweather, limit the 2008 version of Pacquiao to 600 punches. He'd give Mayweather a lot of problems, but it's extremely hard to see him ever getting enough work off to do anything more than making it competitive.

I also had it a draw.

Those 5 judges only agreed on 1 round for Pac unanimously.

I've always found this appealing to authority reasoning in boxing discussions ridiculous. If you actually knew the sport like you said, you would know there are different aspects when scoring a fight. This makes the process subjective since different people put more value in different aspects (defense and precision or volume punching and ring generalship for example). Go read how fights are scored, decide what you appreciate more and start watching fights with that in mind. Do yourself the work and stop depending on media. What the fuck do I care how Lederman scored the fight?
And what the fck do I care how you scored, when almost everyone saw who really won?

Yea cuz I was the idiot who posted Ledermans shit card as my defense...
You know who agreed with me? Two of the only 3 people that mattered. The judges.
Yea, keep on forgetting that they would have turned over the results if they were allowed to.
Stick with the judges who were considered corrupt, and you're proud that you are in the same page with them? LMAO

Who knows? Pacman did a lot better in their actual match than people give him credit for.
Who else has visibly hurt Floyd two times in a match?
He landed clean many times, he timed Floyd with his left and countered him from both sides etc...

The thing is Pacman was more cerebral at that time, but he had lost somewhat the explosive footwork and grit that were 50% of his game.

So who knows? Floyd would have also been somewhat faster and sharper in 2009.
It's close to a 50-50 fight with Mayweather having the edge since he won the actual match.
Who else visibly hurt Floyd two times in a match? Shane Mosley

Who else visibly hurt Floyd two times in a match? Shane Mosley

Chop Chop. Pacquiao stunned Mayweather once; I don't remember a 2nd instance. Chop Chop genuinely hurt him twice. Mayweather has had a very long career at the elite level and has been hurt several times.

When Shane hit Floyd, and his knees buckled I held my breath. All the credit to Mayweather for the comeback he staged.
Agreed. Floyd's chin is very underrated just because he was so good at evading and slipping punches. Great recovery from him.

When Shane hit Floyd, and his knees buckled I held my breath. All the credit to Mayweather for the comeback he staged.
That's an interesting point, we all held our breath, some for different reasons than others. You?

That's an interesting point, we all held our breath, some for different reasons than others. You?

I was in shock. I thought Shane at that time was an easy win for Floyd. He showed he wasn't there to just be another name, and he legit thought he could win.

Plus I can't recall seeing Mayweather look so affected, and out of his element. The only other time is Maidana hitting him, I think in their second fight, where Floyd wobbled to his corner.

Back