2009: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who would have won?

Who would have won in 2009?

• Total voters
the people saying mayweather would have known how to win, he would have, but I just don't know if he could have dealt with that insane cardio, i'm positive he was on all kinds of ped's and maywether thought so too, but if he fought the version that delahoya fought he would have lost, i'm sure of it. It's almost like saying that hagler from the hearns fight would have killed leonard, timing is everything as they say.

ya, chop chop hurt him bad, then he sleptwalk until floyd recovered, as far as i was concerned, all the talk of him being better than RJ at the time went out the window for me right there, i was not impressed with that or several other performances from that time.

Would have?

The problem is that boxing fans don’t understand actual circumstantial evidence... and this was WAY before the UFC were obligated to contract with USADA...

Industry such as Dan Rafael did a complete fail on ESPN television to say that Pacquiao wasn’t obligated to do advanced testing and that a post fight urine test was good enough under the rules of the NSAC... he said that on air!

This was a time when Rafael bragged about hanging out at Bob Arum’s home... so we all know the spill that Top Rank didn’t want to do.

Fast forward years later and advanced drug testing in Combat Sports is a standard...

PAC fans back in the day hated on Floyd for this..

Now, PAC has joined with the Nemesis gang with Floyd and Haymon.

Wake up people, Floyd and Haymon were in control since day one.

Floyd by easy UD

Poll added.

The answer is and always will be Floyd. He is wrong for Pac in every way.

Mayweather would have KO’ed him like Marquez did.

He was scared of a counter right from Floyd when they did fight.

I thought it was common knowledge now that Pacquiao and his team were at fault for the delay.
That's BS. There were different times where it was either of them that was at fault for the delays. The initial delays were caused by Mayweather.

Mayweather would have KO’ed him like Marquez did.

He was scared of a counter right from Floyd when they did fight.
Because Pac knew and experienced a counter right that put him to sleep, he was more cautious.
It'd be a different story with a more reckless Pac in 09 who hasn't been put to sleep by Marquez yet.

I wonder how the fight would have turned out.

Back