2013 MMA Prediction Thread

jonvoight's car

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okay, Nostradumbasses. Give me your best predictions for what the next 12 months of MMA hold for us. Here are some of mine.

- Nick Diaz finds a way to screw something up and lose his shot at GSP. His fans will blame GSP for "ducking" Diaz again.

- Jon Jones will suffer a training injury that will keep him on the shelf for all of 2012. Machida will face Gustaffson for the interim LHW title. The winner will lose to Rashad Evans before the end of the year.

- Jose Aldo will beat Frankie Edgar, but then lose his LW debut to Gray Maynard.

- Gilbert Melendez will cut to Featherweight and fight immediately for the vacant title after Aldo moves up to LW.

- Only JDS, Cain, and Overeem will fight for the HW title in 2013. JDS will lose the belt to Cain. Cain will beat Overeem, and JDS will win the third fight with Cain to regain the belt.

- After beating Johny Hendricks, GSP will move up to MW permanently to face Anderson Silva and clear the way for Rory MacDonald at LW. Rory will fight Carlos Condit again for the vacant WW title.

Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about. What do you think will happen in 2013?

GSP vs Silva won't happen in 2013.
Hendricks gives in and fights before getting a title shot.
Injuries will continue to happen on a regular basis.
A lot of people will wise up and skip PPV's as the free UFC cards will continue to be better than the PPV's!
Most champs will only defend their belts twice a year.
Jon Jones will finally fight a light heavy weight again and not a middle weight.

Gunnar Nelson will become a top contender

mma legalized in ny
there will be an event at cowboys stadium

Okay, Nostradumbasses. Give me your best predictions for what the next 12 months of MMA hold for us. Here are some of mine.

- Nick Diaz finds a way to screw something up and lose his shot at GSP. His fans will blame GSP for "ducking" Diaz again.

- Jon Jones will suffer a training injury that will keep him on the shelf for all of 2012. Machida will face Gustaffson for the interim LHW title. The winner will lose to Rashad Evans before the end of the year.

- Jose Aldo will beat Frankie Edgar, but then lose his LW debut to Gray Maynard.

- Gilbert Melendez will cut to Featherweight and fight immediately for the vacant title after Aldo moves up to LW.

- Only JDS, Cain, and Overeem will fight for the HW title in 2013. JDS will lose the belt to Cain. Cain will beat Overeem, and JDS will win the third fight with Cain to regain the belt.

- After beating Johny Hendricks, GSP will move up to MW permanently to face Anderson Silva and clear the way for Rory MacDonald at LW. Rory will fight Carlos Condit again for the vacant WW title.

Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about. What do you think will happen in 2013?

Nice!

Dos Santos remains champion thru 2013

Anderson Silva will face Shogun @ 205 if JJ gets hurt.

kid yamamoto will win last ufc fight by highlight reel KO and remain in the UFC

Rich Franklin will fight another contender and suffer his last KO

Roy Nelson will go on a KO spree

JDS, JBJ and Anderson Silva retain their titles
JBJ will fight someone at HW and win
Cheal Sonnen will fight Vitor Belfort, get KO'ed and retire
Erik Silva will become WW champion

Oh how can I forget, Faber one way or another will get a title shot and lose again. The year isn't over until Faber gets a title shot!

Dos Santos KO's Overeem and sends him back to K1.
Broke Fitch earns another title shot, only to be dominated by GSP - again.
JBJ bumps up to HW, only to have his arm snapped by Mir.
Dana White makes 5+ "major announcements".
Hendo still won't get his title shot.

Anderson will only fight once. Against Michael Bisping. Weidman will 2 more fights before a shot.

Demian Maia to go on a tear at WW.

Jimi Manuwa will go 3-0 by brutal ko's, and end up as a real contender.

Chael will lose to jones, but will expose flaws by constantly attacking, and Jones will lose the belt later in the year. He will retire and join the wrestling gig.

Hendo will never ger his shot against Jones.

The ufc will resign Arlovski, but Tim will stay in purgatory.

Jones gets hurt in training, Vitor fills in for the Chael Fight.

Hendo/Machida winner faces Gus/Shogun winner for the interim title

Bones decides he doesnt want to face another lhw and takes a few fights at HW, ala Anderson Silva @ lhw

JDS adds more kicks to his arsenal, now hes mixing it up well

Reem KO's bigfoot, but then gets popped again for his next fight

Lesnar makes his long awaited re-debut against a contender/gate keeper, and loses again

UFC will enter Russia, but wont sign Fedor, but signs Kharitonov

Arlovski returns to the UFC and KO's Travis Browne

Tim Sylvia signs with Sefo's fight org and loses a HW title fight against a recently cut HW contender from the UFC

Lawler vs Leben is finally set to takeplace

Manhoef goes on a winning streak and signs a 1 fight deal with the UFC and wins via KO

Big Nog retirement fight against Mir (after winning 2-3 in a row)

Back