2014 FIFA World Cup thread, v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgekiller65

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
With the teams starting to make public their provisional or final squads, the national leagues coming to an end, and with just a month before the opening match, it's time for this thread to take off.

Discuss, and bury the limeys before they do that themselves. :icon_twis

How the hell did Bernard's can ass make it and Lucas Moura didn't?? I'm pissed.

Also, this must be the weakest pair of center forwards in Brazilian WC history. Fred and Jo? Yikes

i can already forsee my disappointment when l

I can't believe Brazil is hosting the cup, there's no way they're prepared for this. They need to stop hosting world wide events in can countries like Brazil and Russia.

Brazil released their full squad today.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/brazil-world-cup-squad-luiz-felipe-scolari-selecao

It seems to lack the traditional Brazilian flair. The midfield especially seems a bit similar. Interesting that both Miranda and Filipe Luis have been left out despite being excellent for Athletico this season. Surprised Lucas Moura has been left out as well. All told they seem rather agenda driven with their player selections.

Filipe Luis>>>>> Maxwell

Scolari is crazy

I can't believe Brazil is hosting the cup, there's no way they're prepared for this. They need to stop hosting world wide events in can countries like Brazil and Russia.

.......and the Olympics in 2 years.

Crazy. Qatar is the jewel in the crown though.

Must have been some good bribing going on there.

I can't really see Brazil winning it with that squad.

Same they said in '02 with Scolari at helm. Motherfucker got almost killed for nixing Romario, but won the fifth title.

Something tells me they'll be fine. Either by manager's work, or by the referees.

.......and the Olympics in 2 years.

Crazy. Qatar is the jewel in the crown though.

Must have been some good bribing going on there.

Some IOC rep said Brazils conditions are the worst he's ever seen.

At least Qatar is ballin out, hopefully they can make some sick stadiums. But I agree some serious bribing went down.

The Selection squad for Brazil looks weak. Spain or Holland will carve them up real good.

Why no Diego Alves, Miranda, Filipe Luis and Kaka? I'd take Kaka for experience.

To be fair, pretty much that same Brazil squad mopped the floor with everyone at the Confederations Cup last year, including mighty Spain.

The standards are impossibly high for them and we all nitpick but when you really think about it, the team is stacked.

Why?

Brazil beat France,Italy,Uruguay and Spain in the last year but I admit that Germany is the best team of WC

Germany is going to get besmirched by USA like it's 1945.

Do you think he is holding the national side back? I've read a number of German posters on football forums speaking poorly of him.

i fear that hell play with a false 9 at the wc and with lahm at DM instead of RB.

hell also leave out some guys who SHOULD be there like max kruse or kevin volland

our biggest issue is at LB,schmelzer is not ready at the wc level,l

luckily we only play 1 country at a time which means you cans are fucked

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

But seriously, the US is SOL. This has to be one of the most individually talented teams in Germany's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back