+$$+ 2014 NBA Offseason Thread, v4: Multiple Sauces Edition +$$+

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will say (and probably the truth) that he only went back because the cast in Cleveland is now better then the cast in Miami. Chasing titles with no loyalty.

Knowledgeable people will say that, but the "casual fan" will be worshiping over Bern for this.

Knowledgeable people will say that, but the "casual fan" will be worshiping over Bern for this.

as well as CLE fans, trust. people are going cray over this, already:

Ben Axelrod @BenAxelrod

Cleveland would be able to trade Wiggins, Waiters, and Bennett to Minnesota for Kevin Love after this.

Cleveland would be able to trade Wiggins, Waiters, and Bennett to Minnesota for Kevin Love after this.

Would not give up that much for a stretch 4, even the best stretch 4.

Waiters can spot up and hit (and he does it at a position you don't want on the offensive glass), Bennett is talented if he can be motivated and Wiggins is the future of the team. Don't trade that for an overrated (though very good) mercenary who plays no defense.

if k love signed an extension before the trade i would do it

but they would have two mega-cans on d: kyrie/love

I think you can get love without giving up wiggins. Waiters, Bennett and picks should do.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 59s
For Cavaliers, there are no assurances on LeBron James -- and Plan B remains free agent Trevor Ariza into part of space, sources tell Yahoo.

pls no ariza

I think you can get love without giving up wiggins. Waiters, Bennett and picks should do.

That wouldn't clear enough space to take on Love's contract. plus I think the Cavs have traded away all their first rounders until 2017.

Ariza would be the best player on the Cavs if Bern doesn't go there, but he's staying with the Wizcans. Book it.

Faust just signed his will

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 1m
Cavs source tells @FOXSportsOH: "We have made a couple moves that puts us solidly in a spot for a max contract ... plus."

Also told Heat have been active in past 48 hours, trying to make something of substance happen. Meanwhile, ESPN says Cavs pursuing Ray Allen

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 3s
LeBron James has not told Cavs he's coming back, source says. Feeling w/in Cavs moves needed to change roster and open cap space, regardless

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 48s
What I can tell you is LeBron agent Rich Paul clearly appears in Cavs' corner. But this is a LeBron decision through and through.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Boston is third team in deal will acquire Tyler Zeller from Cleveland as well as future first-rounder and Marcus Thornton from Nets

Nyets are giving the ****ics another 1st rounder? Maybe they should have made Kidd the GM.

Nets won't be drafting again this decade

PRetty sure that pick is Cleveland's 2016 first rounder.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 35m
Boston gets: Marcus Thornton-Tyler Zeller, Cavs 2016 protected pick. Top 10 in '16, '17 or '18. Unprotected in '19.

The Cavs are pursuing free agent shooting guard Mike Miller, sources tell @FOXSportsOH.

Ben Axelrod ‏@BenAxelrod 1m
Tony Rizzo just said on WKNR that the Cavs are close to a deal for Kevin Love. Would trade Andrew Wiggins.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5s
Among GM's, there's still belief LeBron James walks into Pat Riley meeting, lays out his 1-2 year max contract proposal and stays w/ Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back