2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

Funny part is, Williams badly wants to be a Raider (should automatically bring up character red flags imo).

Pair him up with Suh and Mack next year then you're talking.

Last edited:
Funny part is, Williams badly wants to be a Raider (should automatically bring up character red flags imo).

Pair him up with Suh and Mack next year then you're talking.

Is he a felon, yet?

Mack and Suh on the same team would be terrifying.

leonard-williams-usc-gun.jpg

Didnt think Mack would make it to #5 either.

Hoping the Jags go O-line, which would be smart, and the Titans do some other random shit.

Jags likely address RT in free agency. The reason we struggled so much was because of all those rookies, they need a vet. Williams or Gregory would be my first guess. We need pass rushers with Clemons getting up there in age.

FWIW, our GM also said we were going to spend big in free agency. I expect RT, TE, FS, and WR to be addressed. DE, LB, and defense in general will probably be the focus of this draft. Maybe a G/C with a mid-round pick with the plan of red-shirting him.

Lol @ people comparing the Ohio State QB to Can.

Fucking guy got beat out by freshman for the backup role. Meanwhile, schools have been fighting over Cam since he was a freshman. And he won the Heisman and the national title in the first and only season he played.

Being big and black are the only things they got in common.

Do you not understand what a comparison is? It's taking into account certain traits and skill set. That's it. It doesn't mean he's the next Cam Newton. But when you look at his size, absolute cannon for an arm, and athletic ability, it's a fair comp.

How many 6'5"/250 QBs are there with his arm and running ability? Short list.

Do you not understand what a comparison is? It's taking into account skill sets. That's it. It doesn't mean he's the next Cam Newton. But when you look at his size, absolute cannon for an arm, and athletic ability, it's a fair comp.

How many 6'5"/250 QBs are there with his arm and running ability? Short list.

My point is, if he had skills he wouldn't have been a 3rd-stringer as a junior. These 3 games are too small a sample size.

Being big and strong aren't enough, IMO. Can was big, strong and waaaaay more skilled.

And Braxton Miller may be 2x Big Ten Offensive player of the year, but I doubt there are many scouts that would take him over Cardale Jones. Jones' skill set is much more projectable to the NFL level.

Eli Manning is the best Winston comp imo.

Eli Manning is the best Winston comp imo.

I was thinking of that today. I was at first thinking a bit of Big Ben, but that didn't feel right. Eli does seem like a good comparison.

I was thinking of that today. I was at first thinking a bit of Big Ben, but that didn't feel right. Eli does seem like a good comparison.

The way Ben manipulates the pocket. But in terms of arm talent and playing style, I think it's Eli.

How deep is this draft? Last year's draft seemed pretty deep, especially at WR.

In terms of talent, it's better than 2013. Not as deep or talented as 2014 though (but that will probably wind up being a pretty special class).

Deepest and best positions this year are RB, Edge Rushers, WR. Also some good talent on the OL.

Weakest position is QB.

Winston moves much better than Eli and has a pretty big arm. I'd compare him to Ben or someone like Romo with his ability to escape a pass rush and always keep his eyes down field.

His Freshman year he had 40 TDs to 10 INTs... He actually had talent at the WR position. This year the cupboard was pretty bare. I wasn't very high on him most of the season, but after watch some tape and really paying attention to him over the last month and a half I am really starting to like his ability.

He has a very good sense of when the pressure is coming, he climbs the pocket well and sits in there and takes a hit to deliver a ball down field. His eyes are always down the field, he always seems to get the ball out on time.

When he gets into trouble is he kinda fades away sometimes or doesn't step through his throw ala Jay Cutler and he'll overthrow some guys. Plus he tries to be like Andrew Luck and take some serious risks downfield. Well when you're throwing to Kelvin Benjamin you get a little more of a window to get it into. Plus his guys don't exactly fight for the ball or run crisp routes and come back to the QB.

He moves very well too, I'd akin him to Luck again in that aspect. He has top QB talent its just will he grow as a man and put the off the field stuff behind him.

Just a few weeks ago I would have said, naw I don't want him at the 7th pick, but if the Bears decide to part with Jay and he's still available at the 7th pick I'd love to have him. He's a strong vocal leader and would be a very productive guy with the weapons the Bears have at their disposal.

Yahoo reporting Alabama Safety Landon Collins will declare for the draft.

Back