2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

Yahoo reporting Alabama Safety Landon Collins will declare for the draft.

I'm curious where he goes. His speed and coverage skills really didn't impress me. Rotoworld says top 10 but that seems to be reaching quite a bit

LC's niche is stuffing the run. Also reading that Bama's Amari Cooper and TJ Yeldon will also enter.

Safety is just such a hard position to play in today's NFL. Outside of QB it's probably the toughest imo.

I'd try converting more corners to safety. I think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu would make a pretty good one. Possibly PJ Williams from FSU too.

Maybe the Bears?

For Collins that is

Winston moves much better than Eli and has a pretty big arm. I'd compare him to Ben or someone like Romo with his ability to escape a pass rush and always keep his eyes down field.

His Freshman year he had 40 TDs to 10 INTs... He actually had talent at the WR position. This year the cupboard was pretty bare. I wasn't very high on him most of the season, but after watch some tape and really paying attention to him over the last month and a half I am really starting to like his ability.

He has a very good sense of when the pressure is coming, he climbs the pocket well and sits in there and takes a hit to deliver a ball down field. His eyes are always down the field, he always seems to get the ball out on time.

When he gets into trouble is he kinda fades away sometimes or doesn't step through his throw ala Jay Cutler and he'll overthrow some guys. Plus he tries to be like Andrew Luck and take some serious risks downfield. Well when you're throwing to Kelvin Benjamin you get a little more of a window to get it into. Plus his guys don't exactly fight for the ball or run crisp routes and come back to the QB.

He moves very well too, I'd akin him to Luck again in that aspect. He has top QB talent its just will he grow as a man and put the off the field stuff behind him.

Just a few weeks ago I would have said, naw I don't want him at the 7th pick, but if the Bears decide to part with Jay and he's still available at the 7th pick I'd love to have him. He's a strong vocal leader and would be a very productive guy with the weapons the Bears have at their disposal.

Loiseau, everyone might call you a can but you're alright in my book. You know how to spot QB talent.

There's not a lot of us that called Manziel garbage and Winston quality.

Safety is just such a hard position to play in today's NFL. Outside of QB it's probably the toughest imo.

I'd try converting more corners to safety. I think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu would make a pretty good one. Possibly PJ Williams from FSU too.

I'd put LT right there with it. No one comes out of the gate anymore and dominates that position. Looking at the past couple years, these guys have struggled.

So Matt Miller moved Winston to #1 on his "big board" today. What a joke. This guy has had Mariota as the #1 guy all year.

From 2 days ago:
Matt MillerVerified account
‏@nfldraftscout If anyone can replace Mariota at No. 1 for me, it'll be Leonard Williams. He's special

Ya they do, probably similar to the RGKnee trade. But, Chip seems the type that if he wants his guy he will get his guy. Especially with them just giving him the personnel authorities.

Wouldn't surprise me even a little bit.

That trade would be bigger than the rg3 deal because the Bucs need a qb bad.

That trade would be bigger than the rg3 deal because the Bucs need a qb bad.

They do... But Mariota is not a guy that can come in right away and they don't have the offensive style to accommodate him. If they actually hire Trestcan there's no way they'd draft someone like Mariota. But them interviewing Roman makes me think they like him.... Which is why the Bucs will continue to be a dumpster fire.

Loiseau, everyone might call you a can but you're alright in my book. You know how to spot QB talent.

There's not a lot of us that called Manziel garbage and Winston quality.

I work so much it's the only position I really have time to sit down and scout. I've been pretty spot on the last few years. Think I hit pretty well with Teddy, Mettenburger & Manizel (huge waste of a pick). I liked Bortles too, but the book is still out on him.

tOSU

He went by the competition not by hype around games like Ole Miss and the Iron Bowl.

I guess he was too busy taking calls instead of actually watching the game. Collins was fine, especially before he got injured. He lead the team in tackles and was all over the field on run defense. He struggled some in pass coverage, but that's been a long noted weakness of his. The "one big game" comment is stupid no matter how you cut it, anyways.

Regardless, I don't want anything to do with Bama defenders. All of them are pretty solid, but, with a few exceptions, not many are spectacular in recent years.

Okay. That makes absolutely no sense, but okay.

Yeah Collins was banged up for most the game with a right shoulder injury. He's tough as nails too.

Reminds me of a plus version of Deone Bucannon from last year. I think that's how he would be best utilized too. Scheme fit will be big with him.

Back