NCAA Wrestling

I don't watch much Greco but it seems like it's similar to that "Near Throw" or whatever the fuck they called it that Jordan Oliver scored on Zain Retherford to win the US Open

To the wrestler who applies a correct hold while standing on the mat or in the "parterre" position with three points of contact but who does not secure control by passing behind.

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/media/document/wrestling_rules_10.pdf
Ah, okay. I have heard about this correct hold being debated before. But I never usually follow/watch Greco. I might watch it in Paris though.

Ah, okay. I have heard about this correct hold being debated before. But I never usually follow/watch Greco. I might watch it in Paris though.
It also looks like reds back broke 90 for a split second which could've swayed the refs decision

Alright you wrestlingfreaks, predictions for Mens Freestyle?

57kg-Thomas Gilman:DNP, despite medaling at the age group levels, I think he is too inexperience at the moment but at the same time I didn't think he would go through the WTT like that.
61kg-Logan Stieber:Bronze. Lots of guys moving up from 57kg and some moving down from 65kg.
65kg-Zain Retherford-Sliver!!:I honestly believe he is one of the strongest guys in the world at this weight and that will surprise alot of people like how Stieber was at first. Also has a gas tank that will tire out most.
70kg-James Green-Gold:as his Nike shirt says "Green is the New Gold"
74kg-Jordan Burroughs-Gold: He's definitely lost a few steps but I think he redeems himself against Bekzod in the finals!
86Kg-J'Den Cox-Silver:Suprise Suprise in my McGregor voice. I think he will be way too athletic for Yazdani and overwelm him, but Yasar from Turkey will have his number again. I sure hope I am wrong.
97kg-Snyder-Silver:Though Sadulaev didn't look as good at Russian nationals, I can't pick against him at the moment when he has only lost like 1 time in his senior career compared to Snyder whose lost a few times though it was against the best. Like 86kg, I hope I am wrong
120kg-Gwiz-DNP: Like Gilman, he is too inexperience at the moment.

I'd do a Greco and WFS if I knew more about them.

Gilman- NP
Stieber- bronze
Retherford- NP
Greene- silver
Burroughs- bronze
Cox- bronze
Snyder- silver
Gwiz- NP

Was leaning towards Snyder for awhile, but after watching some more recent footage Sadulaev is just too good. I think it'll be close and low-scoring though. 4-2 is my prediction.

Last edited:
Gilman - NP. He might win a match but that's it.
Steiber - NP. The weight is fucking stacked. I think he'll end up in the 5th-7th range. He has the greatest range where he can end up of everyone on the US squad.
Zain - NP. I think he'll win a few but fall short of the podium.
Green - Bronze
Burroughs - Gold
Cox - Silver
Snyder - Silver
Gwiz - NP. Probably doesn't get a win.

After half a day of Greco, Hancock is the only one still with a shot at getting pulled back into repechage.

Smith went 1-1
Manville went 1-1
Provisor went 0-1
Hancock went 2-1 but if the guy who beat him wins his next match, he'll have a shot to medal.

Khinchegashvili, Tsabolov, Kazymagomedov, I hope Petriashvili gets gold; Akgul will get gold instead, Sadulaev gold.

I don't know too much about 70 and 57.

86Kg-J'Den Cox-Silver:Suprise Suprise in my McGregor voice. I think he will be way too athletic for Yazdani and overwelm him, but Yasar from Turkey will have his number again. I sure hope I am wrong.
You sure his name isn't Koloy Kartoev from Ingushetia? ;)

I'll need to see brackets before I put out real predictions but instincts say Khin @ 61, Sad @ 97, Burroughs @ 74, Akgul @ HWT, and Yaz @ 86 are the favorites. 57, 65, and 70 are pretty tight or don't have a clear favorite.

How did the Serbian win this match? What did the Serb do to get two passivity points? Russian guy was more aggressive throughout the contest.

Also, what's up with Adeline Grey? Is she not competing?

I believe I saw her interviewed on espn during the NCAA championships and she said she was having surgery done, can't remember on what though, maybe her shoulder. But she said she was taking this year off for the surgery and recovery, she's also getting married and planning a wedding. So she should be back competing next year.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/21/adeline-gray-olympic-wrestler-surgeries/

I hope Vlasov can get another gold tomorrow, he is well on his way to becoming one of the greco roman greats.

Really Vlasov, being non aggressive as usual, he is one of the best, but too reliant on getting parterre. He never attacks. Pretty disappointing, Surkov was doing well though; really well.

Back