***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v5 - Curry is BACK!***

Best PG in the league

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA.com now has DeKobe as 5th in the MVP race. World coming around to the fact that he is becoming a superstar. His numbers are similar to Kobes 07/08 MVP year. Thats why he is DeKobe, bitches

http://global.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-...s-midpoint/?cid=trafficdriver:nbacom:homepage

#Prove'em

edit - i looked and looked and couldnt find CJ McCumStain or MiddleofthepackTon in the MVP race. Nor could i find Klay.

#NotFirstOptions
He is improving
However you reasoning regarding the others is laughably pedantic. Klay thompson plays with two MVP winners and arguably the best player in the league...
The others were stated as being AS level players, so youre "countering" claims that were never made. Logical fallacies abound there

He is improving
However you reasoning regarding the others is laughably pedantic. Klay thompson plays with two MVP winners and arguably the best player in the league...
The others were stated as being AS level players, so youre "countering" claims that were never made. Logical fallacies abound there

Claim had always been the same. You compare players poorly. Imagine DeKobe never had to worry about double teams because he played with a team of hall of famers who draw doubles themselves.

That's the life of play Thompson. Put play in DeKobes spot and his only drive hard one way ass would get shutdown like nothing when teams literally designed their defense to stop him, like they do DeKobe.

That's why you can never simply use numbers and %s to compare players like you seem to enjoy doing. It's not all the same.

That's why even tho you could argue DeKobe numbers are better than kyrie I can see where they are coming from. Kyrie has to take way more difficult shots and carry more load when that Boston offense starts sputtering. His job is harder than DeKobe and he creates off the dribble like few can do in the games history.

If also like to add that all the "scientists" here claimed the mvp was a 2 horse race just a couple weeks ago and I laughed. Now harden isn't top spot and LeBron is free falling lol

DeDurr's career yoff performance

21.7 ppg on .403% shaating, 100 ORtg, 111 DRtg, .043 WS/48, 15.7 PER

Fathorst is saying that the Lakers don't want Walton and they will hire Fizdale in order to get Lebron next year.

Lol apparently LeJustice still subscribes to the one-drop rule

Thompsons d is exponentially better which youre completely ignoring.

Theyre the 2 best SGs if Harden is negated, and i get what youre saying. Just bc thompson doesnt have 2 do things bc of his teammates, does not mean he cant tho....

Derozan is clearly more of a pure scorer and ballhandler, thompson a pure shooter (2nd best ever?) and excellent defender and decent ballhandler/slasher. Different players but arguably equitable value to a team. Klay is the wealthy mans danny green, derozan plays closer to prime wade on offense IMO

My point about "how much better are they than beal/cj/wiggins etc" was more highlighting the lack of importance at the position. The cavs won with JR at the 2, and the heat lost to a Dal team with deshawn stevenson ffs

Derozan becoming outta nowhere even a decent 3pt shooter does change his value alot, and how defenders can lag off him to prevent the drive

Thats all he was missing, and can perhaps be enough to steady his yoff performance

Can't believe I actually have to argue with cHeat fans on RealGM over whether _ustise (no J) Winslow should be in the rotation

The simple, objective, unapologetic science:

- At 24-17 cHeat are now 54-28 in last 82 games
- 41-14 in those games without Winslow (75%; 61-21 per 82 gms)
- 13-14 in that time with Winslow (48%; 39-43 per 82 gms)

A 60 win team without, a 39 win team with. A full 82 game sample size in total

_ustise should be building brick gulags with the Ball bros in Estonia or wherever

there's literally no reason to play him while you have Josh Richardson, who plays to me equitable or better D and can actually shoot/handle/distribute and isn't inept on offense

then again i don't watch many Heat games, you guys tell me

don't know if he's hurt, but i'd rather have Tyler Johnson also while we're at it

there's literally no reason to play him while you have Josh Richardson, who plays to me equitable or better D and can actually shoot/handle/distribute and isn't inept on offense

then again i don't watch many Heat games, you guys tell me

I hate to correct a bonafide genius but this is the 2nd time today you've used that word this way.

I believe you are attempting to say EQUATABLE... because equitable doesn't work.

thanks for the correction

i will try and refrain from using contractions also, since this is apparently now formal writing

respect tho

thanks for the correction

i will try and refrain from using contractions also, since this is apparently now formal writing

respect tho

Don't get all hurt bro, it's Friday I don't want to ruin your weekend. Just looking out for you in case @Palpatine sees this and really lays into you.

Don't get all hurt bro, it's Friday I don't want to ruin your weekend. Just looking out for you in case @Palpatine sees this and really lays into you.
no worries
that's what i get for using shortcuts while phone posting, still my fault for choosing the wrong word tho

touche

you weren't a regular in this thread when everyone hated on me, and then at least hilariously starting using ebonics/Gunther speak as they called all over the site

it really only stopped b/c i actually posted my college transcripts, well the last page anyway

despite playing w/ more options in Minny, butler is playing pretty damn well this year too

i've heard he's in MVP convos as well, no clue how true that is

when i see people w/ absurd shooting motions, i'm like have they ever watched basketball?

unless you're Kevin Martin get that shit outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back