***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v7 - OH THE HUMANITY!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really did need to dunk that.

Steph's an assassin, but he's not getting off his own shot from 3 anymore against all star defenders... should have given the ball up.

Bottom line is the 5 of Kyrie, Westbrook, Lebron, Durant, PG13, to close out the game was pretty nasty.
'
My man Lowry the only player really making shit happen for others all game.

probably because his garbage ass 3s were all brick city lol still 11 dimes aint bad. He always finds a way to impact games.

3 point contest they just roasted Kyle... lol "nobody is picking Lowry" and then he proceeded to build a fucking house lol

'
My man Lowry the only player really making shit happen for others all game.

probably because his garbage ass 3s were all brick city lol still 11 dimes aint bad. He always finds a way to impact games.

3 point contest they just roasted Kyle... lol "nobody is picking Lowry" and then he proceeded to build a fucking house lol

Not sure assists in an All star game amount to much... it's pretty much "here, you shoot it" for 3 1/2 quarters.

Lowry was tossing bricks the entire weekend.

Steph is in a malaise, somethings off with him. I don't think he's putting in the same level of work he used to and I think he's a little disenchanted with no longer being considered the top dog on HIS team. He needs to find some fire.

Not sure assists in an All star game amount to much... it's pretty much "here, you shoot it" for 3 1/2 quarters.

Lowry was tossing bricks the entire weekend.

Steph is in a malaise, somethings off with him. I don't think he's putting in the same level of work he used to and I think he's a little disenchanted with no longer being considered the top dog on HIS team. He needs to find some fire.

Golden State just doesnt look like they have that fire, or having the amount of fun as we have seen in years past. Thats why i think Kerr did that players draw up plays shit for them.

This last quarter of the season is actually important for them imo if they sleep walk into the yoffs and assume they can just turn it up on OKC or Houston anytime they are vulnerable af. If they bring out the beautiful basketball we have seen in spurts this year and for majority of seasons in the past they might just cruise thru the West.

Last quarter is also going to be crucial in the East, we find out how good this Cleveland team really is, they got an adrenaline shot at just the perfect time, when everybody itching for the break. Does that continue post break??? Does Boston regain their defensive dominance (yes and no, they won so many close games early it makes me believe they are razor thin either way so its hard to predict). East also looks like some of those lower seeds like Philly and Miami could pose problems if the high seeds dont come into the yoffs playing their best (like the Raptors who always lose game 1 at home)

It really is an interesting season. The top seeds as of right now are not actually the favorites in either conference. There are 3 teams in each conference that seem like they could get hot make a finals run.

Staph should have stayed on the bench for Lillard.

Definitely looked that way.

I don't like the obligatory heat check btw... I'm all for finding the hot hand etc, but not passing up all other opportunities in order to get a contested shot from the guy that's made 2-3 consecutive shots.

It was the All star game, so who cares, but it happens in NBA games at all levels. More often then not, you just kill a possession and end that guys streak, like they did with Lillard.

Golden State just doesnt look like they have that fire, or having the amount of fun as we have seen in years past. Thats why i think Kerr did that players draw up plays shit for them.

This last quarter of the season is actually important for them imo if they sleep walk into the yoffs and assume they can just turn it up on OKC or Houston anytime they are vulnerable af. If they bring out the beautiful basketball we have seen in spurts this year and for majority of seasons in the past they might just cruise thru the West.

Last quarter is also going to be crucial in the East, we find out how good this Cleveland team really is, they got an adrenaline shot at just the perfect time, when everybody itching for the break. Does that continue post break??? Does Boston regain their defensive dominance (yes and no, they won so many close games early it makes me believe they are razor thin either way so its hard to predict). East also looks like some of those lower seeds like Philly and Miami could pose problems if the high seeds dont come into the yoffs playing their best (like the Raptors who always lose game 1 at home)

It really is an interesting season. The top seeds as of right now are not actually the favorites in either conference. There are 3 teams in each conference that seem like they could get hot make a finals run.

No.

i have serious doubts about that, too. i think they come back down to earth. i dont think they got that much better defensively. they can be exposed.

but if you listen to the media the Cavs are now head and shoulders above the East. Its an interesting narrative. I think it benefits the Raptors to be totally dismissed. I like it better.

Staph should have stayed on the bench for Lillard.

I think under this format you dont bench Steph Curry on "Team Steph" even if he is 0 for life.

just gonna have to deal with that under this format their are gonna be two big "draws" that have to play crunch time no matter what.

I think under this format you dont bench Steph Curry on "Team Steph" even if he is 0 for life.

just gonna have to deal with that under this format their are gonna be two big "draws" that have to play crunch time no matter what.

Steph won't be captain next year.

Impressive win for Team Goran last night

i have serious doubts about that, too. i think they come back down to earth. i dont think they got that much better defensively. they can be exposed.

but if you listen to the media the Cavs are now head and shoulders above the East. Its an interesting narrative. I think it benefits the Raptors to be totally dismissed. I like it better.
Hate to say it but they gained too much talent to just fall off. Hill (if he continues to give a shit, which i expect him to)/Nance/Clarkson/Hood is a lot. Shit, Hood could catch fire and be the difference in an ECF game or two

Hate to say it but they gained too much talent to just fall off. Hill (if he continues to give a shit, which i expect him to)/Nance/Clarkson/Hood is a lot. Shit, Hood could catch fire and be the difference in an ECF game or two

looks like a bunch of unproven role players to me. who is the number 2 option?? Who can consistently create for themselves in crunch time besides LeBron?? Rodney 42% from the field Hood??

color me unconvinced. LeBron needs a Wade, needs a Kyrie, needs an ISO killer cuz he will defer.

Hood is also not a great defender. who is out there???

looks like a bunch of unproven role players to me. who is the number 2 option?? Who can consistently create for themselves in crunch time besides LeBron?? Rodney 42% from the field Hood??

color me unconvinced. LeBron needs a Wade, needs a Kyrie, needs an ISO killer cuz he will defer.

Knock it off Beri.

Everyone knows that trade spelled disaster for the Raps, the Cavs looked dead in the water prior, saddled with a poor mix of age and attitudes that was destined to fail.

Now? Now you have a rejuvenated team that kept it's core contributors from last season and added youth and length across 4 positions.

The new guys all know this is their chance, so they are going to be locked in, and Lebron just got an adrenaline shot himself. K Love comes back and I don't see how anyone contends with them in the East.

You'll get your chance, but any level of confidence at this point just comes off as hopeful.

Knock it off Beri.

Everyone knows that trade spelled disaster for the Raps, the Cavs looked dead in the water prior, saddled with a poor mix of age and attitudes that was destined to fail.

Now? Now you have a rejuvenated team that kept it's core contributors from last season and added youth and length across 4 positions.

The new guys all know this is their chance, so they are going to be locked in, and Lebron just got an adrenaline shot himself. K Love comes back and I don't see how anyone contends with them in the East.

You'll get your chance, but any level of confidence at this point just comes off as hopeful.

core contributors?? yea, everybody but the most important piece besides LeBron lol gtfo with that shit analysis as usual.

core contributors?? yea, everybody but the most important piece besides LeBron lol gtfo with that shit analysis as usual.

That's a given you dork.

I'm saying they trimmed the fat, of the 6 people they lost none of them had anything to do with their success last season, perhaps Shumpert.

They have Bron, JR, Korver, Tristan, K Love and now they've added Jeff Green, George Hill, Rodney Hood, Clarkson and Nance.

In some ways George Hill might be a better fit alongside Lebron, he doesn't need the ball, is a better defender, and can knock down 3s consistently.

They are the favorites in the East, and there's simply no debating that.

You know Love will be back for the 'yoffs, right?

\\
That's a given you dork.

I'm saying they trimmed the fat, of the 6 people they lost none of them had anything to do with their success last season, perhaps Shumpert.

They have Bron, JR, Korver, Tristan, K Love and now they've added Jeff Green, George Hill, Rodney Hood, Clarkson and Nance.

In some ways George Hill might be a better fit alongside Lebron, he doesn't need the ball, is a better defender, and can knock down 3s consistently.

They are the favorites in the East, and there's simply no debating that.

my point is they are still worse than last year and all those players (with the exception of Love) you named have been worse than last year up to this point.

LeBron gonna be primary ball handler and distributor all the time?? plus clutch go to?? he is capable but its a way way bigger workload you asking him to take on and not his natural role in the clutch. Hood gonna be that guy?? Lots of unproven parts you guys are acting like will suddenly be proven.

I gotta see much more than 2 games to believe the hype. you would think Cavs got KD the way you guys talking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back