***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v8 - STEPHS CLIMB FOR HIS THIRD NBA MVP EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao. Queerin is getting curb stomped

Honestly if Kawhi wants to split let him split. Time to trade Aldrich for a lotto pick and let SA rebuild.

I'd trust that front office and pops to be fighting for a 6-8th seed in 4 years. Ship out kiwi he's a system playa.

Honestly if Kawhi wants to split let him split. Time to trade Aldrich for a lotto pick and let SA rebuild.

I'd trust that front office and pops to be fighting for a 6-8th seed in 4 years. Ship out kiwi he's a system playa.

That's going to be a tough team to rebuild. Kiwi is damaged goods and he has an opt out too. Pop isn't going to stick around for it. Nobody wants to play in SA after that. They will need to hit the lotto like they did with Robinson and Duncan lol. Stern isn't around anymore to make that happen

True. I feel as long as the Texas market has one franchise in the running the NBA is happy. Spurs rebuild may take as long to turn around as Houstons success story takes to end. And you're right, dunno if Pop wants to stay through a rebuild.

Fuck Kiwi starting to lose me as a fan.. Kinda sounds like a diva. I hope he leaves to be a star and ends up a Paul Georges level player on an Indianna like franch (Clips or something).

No dishespect to Raul, I love him on OKC.

Bias aside Houston will be the team to beat for a while. They have everything in place. If for some reason they don't get LBJ they'll go get Boogie. They have Capela's bird rights. Luc already told Morey he wants to stay. Trev goes without saying. EGo will likely go and so eill Canderson. They'll deal Qui too and another first. Nene will retire. Paul will take less if need be. G wants to stay here so there's another ceap deal. They'll probably cut ties with Tucker too. I don't want Boogie btw.

Pop is done. He went through this with LMA last year. Kiwi isn't going to be something he wants to mess with. He's a players coach so he cleverly constructed his comment to not shiton him but to let the media know he wouldnt play this year.

I lost respect for him too. He's got Derrick Rose written all over him. Emotional cripples

Raul is a beast. Him as a secondary star works. Kiwi quit because he's a pussy. George' leg almost broke off and dude came back asap. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence

Bias aside Houston will be the team to beat for a while. They have everything in place. If for some reason they don't get LBJ they'll go get Boogie. They have Capela's bird rights. Luc already told Morey he wants to stay. Trev goes without saying. EGo will likely go and so eill Canderson. They'll deal Qui too and another first. Nene will retire. Paul will take less if need be. G wants to stay here so there's another ceap deal. They'll probably cut ties with Tucker too. I don't want Boogie btw.

Pop is done. He went through this with LMA last year. Kiwi isn't going to be something he wants to mess with. He's a players coach so he cleverly constructed his comment to not shiton him but to let the media know he wouldnt play this year.

I lost respect for him too. He's got Derrick Rose written all over him. Emotional cripples

Raul is a beast. Him as a secondary star works. Kiwi quit because he's a pussy. George' leg almost broke off and dude came back asap. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence

I know I was skewering you about your botched Carmelo acquisition (which was (AND STILL IS!) hilarious btw)... but the funniest part about that was even the idea that it would somehow improve your team lol... Dork Elvis would have been a damn idiot to add CANmelo to your team, that was the funniest part of it all to me, and Melo has proven that as some kind of shitty 4th fiddle for a mid-tier OKC team.

So anyway, doubtful you get Bron. Even if you did, not sure it helps you because you gut your team AND somehow hope Bron and D'antoni get along.

And then just LOL at getting Post Achilles Boogie... guys a complete cancer, he won't be winning shit and between him and Harden you'll have two players tossing the ball away 12 times a game minimum lol. You gut your entire team for Boogie and you'll be a 2nd tier team at best for years to come.

Other than that, Kawhi has been disappointing, PG13 looks like a beast lately, and you're right... Pop is done in SA.

I know I was skewering you about your botched Carmelo acquisition (which was (AND STILL IS!) hilarious btw)... but the funniest part about that was even the idea that it would somehow improve your team lol... Dork Elvis would have been a damn idiot to add CANmelo to your team, that was the funniest part of it all to me, and Melo has proven that as some kind of shitty 4th fiddle for a mid-tier OKC team.

So anyway, doubtful you get Bron. Even if you did, not sure it helps you because you gut your team AND somehow hope Bron and D'antoni get along.

And then just LOL at getting Post Achilles Boogie... guys a complete cancer, he won't be winning shit and between him and Harden you'll have two players tossing the ball away 12 times a game minimum lol. You gut your entire team for Boogie and you'll be a 2nd tier team at best for years to come.

Other than that, Kawhi has been disappointing, PG13 looks like a beast lately, and you're right... Pop is done in SA.

Melo said himself he was told he was going here. You don't have to listen to me. It literally came out of his mouth after he was traded to OKC.

It would have rid the team of Ryan Anderson who has been generally awful. I have a hard time believing even Melo could have screwed up this lockerroom.

How do you gut the team? EGo has been bad this season and Anderson is worthless. You still keep Luc and Ariza (and Green has played better honestly). Nene is irrelevant with Wright. You also can get Iso Joe on a minimum if need be. Can'toni can work with Lebron.

I don't want Boogie. Said it multiple times. Morey loves him though

Houston is going to be around for a long time. Honestly with cp3 and Hard-dong all you need is a C for put backs, rim rolls and some swats (which are pretty cheap in this modern NBA) and a 3&D of average value and they will stay contending for a long ass time. With those two I don't think you even need a legit 3rd star, you'd be ok with a bunch of above average role players or a good quality 6th man. They have a good front office and a coach who's system fits well.. Really hope that PGeorges doesn't sign with Houston but at the same time they'd be battling HARD with GSW so I'm kinda mixed.

Kawhi is coming off as a head case with all of these rumors. Pop trying to politically navigate the waters.. Dudes an ATG player coach along side the x's and o's.. but seriously LA and Kiwi are pushing it. Fuck em'. Hope they both end up like Shawn Marion when he wanted to be "the man".

Still waiting for an explanation to this question:

Why do people think Kawhi wants out of SA? He's got a great situation there. He gets to be the #1 star on a really good team (hell they're gonna end up 3/4 in the West without him), GOAT coach, a team that has been willing to pay under the table to keep teams together. It's not like he's missing out on sponsorship because he's not in a major market. That's never been his public personality anyway (plus plenty of stars have done well there in SA, because they win). Did I miss some TMZ shit on this subject or something?

Why on Earth would Kawhi want out? Is this speculation purely because he's likely not coming back this season? I'm just confused by this situation.

apparently he (well his uncle) thinks they didn't handle his treatment properly and it pretty much stems solely from that

it does sound like it's mostly his uncle, but that's not an excuse b/c a grown ass man shouldn't have their uncle running it like this, not if this is how he's gonna do it

Houston is going to be around for a long time. Honestly with cp3 and Hard-dong all you need is a C for put backs, rim rolls and some swats (which are pretty cheap in this modern NBA) and a 3&D of average value and they will stay contending for a long ass time. With those two I don't think you even need a legit 3rd star, you'd be ok with a bunch of above average role players or a good quality 6th man. They have a good front office and a coach who's system fits well.. Really hope that PGeorges doesn't sign with Houston but at the same time they'd be battling HARD with GSW so I'm kinda mixed.

Kawhi is coming off as a head case with all of these rumors. Pop trying to politically navigate the waters.. Dudes an ATG player coach along side the x's and o's.. but seriously LA and Kiwi are pushing it. Fuck em'. Hope they both end up like Shawn Marion when he wanted to be "the man".

Capela is pefect for that. He's gotten better every season. He needs to gain weight. I think Wright will flourish too. PG won't sign here unless something drastic happens. He wants to be a Laker.

Well said. Marion comparison is spot on.

marion couldn't dribble, no midrange game to speak of, play D half as well, nor improved his 3 pt shoot tremendously to one of the best in the league

other than that......sure?

Still waiting for an explanation to this question:

Why on Earth would Kawhi want out? Is this speculation purely because he's likely not coming back this season? I'm just confused by this situation.

Teams got into it. His uncle is a shithead

Edit: Hunter said it well

ignoring the yoffs, who's gonna finish first in the WC?

you guys got Rockets or GSW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back