NCAA Wrestling

How did they look overall? Word on the street (pun intended) was that he got pretty outta shape recently. I didn't know he was recently suspended.

Oliver?

He looked good. Had the 1 takedown and got deep on another shot.

Actually I was asking about Asgarov. He just got over a 1 year suspension for Higenamine.

Ahh

He didn't do much. He was winning the hand fighting which is how he got his 2 pushouts and put Oliver on the shot clock twice (Oliver got his takedown while on the clock)

Garrett beats Gross in another barn burner 18-12.

Those guys are awesome to watch wrestle

Here is the MMA debut of Olympic silver medalist in Greco Roman, Migran Arutyunyan:

What are these trials for, exactly? International squad?

What are these trials for, exactly? International squad?

Correct. The winner of this wrestles the guy sitting in the finals whether it be through winning the US Open or placing in the World tournament last year. Best of 3.

I thought Z would give Dieringer a good match but I never thought he'd win. The talent coming up right now in the US is scary.

Correct. The winner of this wrestles the guy sitting in the finals whether it be through winning the US Open or placing in the World tournament last year. Best of 3.

I thought Z would give Dieringer a good match but I never thought he'd win. The talent coming up right now in the US is scary.
Gilman vs Fix, Dake vs Valencia, Cox vs Zillmer and Coon vs Gwiazdowski should be close, right? I know some of the names, but don't recognize some of the newer names. Should Stieber beat McKenna? and I assume Burroughs will beat Martinez (close to a lock?). There are some nice match-ups here.

Zillmer and Cox will only be close because Cox doesn't light up the scoreboard. But Cox will still handle him in 2 straight. Dake has been looking fantastic of late so I don't see Z beating him. Gilman/Fix is a coin flip. I have no idea how that will play out. Burroughs, Taylor, Stieber, Cox, and Dake are locks imo.

Gilman vs Fix, Dake vs Valencia, Cox vs Zillmer and Coon vs Gwiazdowski should be close, right? I know some of the names, but don't recognize some of the newer names. Should Stieber beat McKenna? and I assume Burroughs will beat Martinez (close to a lock?). There are some nice match-ups here.

McKenna has had a lot of success at the age group level. Silver at Jr World's in 2014 and Bronze at U23s last year.

I'd still favor Stieber but at this point a McKenna win wouldn't shock me.

JB should beat iMart fairly easily imo.

No way is either Steiber or Dake locks. Steiber frequently loses or barely wins against guys he has no business struggling against. Dake barely beat Ringer his last 2 meetings and IMO has looked good because of favorable match ups. A lot of people on the wrestling forums are picking Zahid to beat Dake.

No way is either Steiber or Dake locks. Steiber frequently loses or barely wins against guys he has no business struggling against. Dake barely beat Ringer his last 2 meetings and IMO has looked good because of favorable match ups. A lot of people on the wrestling forums are picking Zahid to beat Dake.

Dake took Silver at Yargin this past Summer. He also has wins over Taylor, JB and Cox.

Back