NCAA Wrestling

Winners of today's medal matches:
57: Uguev beat Donduk-ook Kushesh by 8-1 (Uguev now 2x National Champ)
65: Chakaev beat Goygereyev by 2-2 criteria (will wrestle Bekbulatov for World's spot (Bekbulatov is no.1 at 65 and injured)
74: Sidakov upset Tsabolov (they are teammates) by 2-2 criteria
86: Kurugliev upset current European champ Naifonov by 2-1. (Naifonov beat Kurugliev at Ivan Yarygin this year)
97: Sadulaev beat Baitsaev much more convincingly this time by 8-1.

Last edited:
Uguev vs Kushesh:

Chakaev vs Goygereyev:

Sidakov vs Tsabolov:

Naifonov vs Kurugliev:

Sadulaev vs Baitsaev:

In what way? I have mostly seen Dake kill it at Yasar Dogu and the World Cup. He is very talented.

The best guy who can't make a team because there is a beast ahead of him. Dake was stuck behind Burroughs for so long and then Cox.

The best guy who can't make a team because there is a beast ahead of him. Dake was stuck behind Burroughs for so long and then Cox.
Cox also prevented Taylor from making a world team for a while, right?

Great photo from the Russian Nationals- Uguev suplexing Kooshesh.

Do you have the placings for 70kg?
70:
Gazimagomedov def. Arbat Sat (final match). Two bronze medals go to David Baev and Magomed Kurbanaliev.

I am shocked that Ramonov didn't even place. I thought that he should have beaten Gazimagomedov because it was clear Gazimagomedov was stalling and being too defensive in the second period.

70:
Gazimagomedov def. Arbat Sat (final match). Two bronze medals go to David Baev and Magomed Kurbanaliev.

I am shocked that Ramonov didn't even place. I thought that he should have beaten Gazimagomedov because it was clear Gazimagomedov was stalling and being too defensive in the second period.
I had a feeling Gazimagomedov would do well. Only because he won a world title (As Ive mentioned before) and then became rather inactive. Seeing him competing frequently again I think you'd have to consider him a favorite to win worlds this year.

I had a feeling Gazimagomedov would do well. Only because he won a world title (As Ive mentioned before) and then became rather inactive. Seeing him competing frequently again I think you'd have to consider him a favorite to win worlds this year.
Yeah, I agree with that. I just really wanted Ramonov to win a second world title lol. but Green is a favorite, too? He came second last year, losing only to Chamizo who isn't there now. But he isn't the type to get all tech falls (judging by his results last year), so I suppose Gazimagomedov can out work him/out-position him. He did score in the final though, he won by 9-1, or 9-0 against Sat (who defeated world champ, Kurbanaliev who also is very talented).

Yeah, I agree with that. I just really wanted Ramonov to win a second world title lol. but Green is a favorite, too? He came second last year, losing only to Chamizo who isn't there now. But he isn't the type to get all tech falls (judging by his results last year), so I suppose Gazimagomedov can out work him/out-position him. He did score in the final though, he won by 9-1, or 9-0 against Sat (who defeated world champ, Kurbanaliev who also is very talented).
Green can get on a roll. In 2015 when he won his 1st medal he racked up a ton of points while only surrendering a few up until he lost in the Semis to Yazdani Charati (who then lost to Gazimagomedov in the finals). But id say Green and Gazimagomedov have got to be favorites for the finals.

The Uzbek from last years worlds just won the Asian Championships so he could be a factor. Im sure you can bet that whoever Iran sends will be strong. And Japan sometimes has some good guys at this weight as well. But so many guys have moved up since the new weigh in rules that kinda shook up the whole landscape.

Wow, Olympic Champion Chakvetadze got defeated 10-0 in the first period. New guy at 87kg: Ozdoev (Ingushetia):

Never seen that two-on-one head-in-the-hole go-behind thing he does for his first take-down there. Anyone have a name for it?

Wow, Olympic Champion Chakvetadze got defeated 10-0 in the first period. New guy at 87kg: Ozdoev (Ingushetia):

Is it just me or does it seem like there's been a lot of turnover in the Russian ranks this year?

Jordan Burroughs will help Conor McGregor for his fight vs Khabib in October.

The World Championships are two weeks after the big fight, so I guess Burroughs doesn't care too much about meddling at the WC's? I guess we could see Zidakov or Chamizo get gold this year.

If this is true, of course.

Jordan Burroughs will help Conor McGregor for his fight vs Khabib in October.

The World Championships are two weeks after the big fight, so I guess Burroughs doesn't care too much about meddling at the WC's? I guess we could see Zidakov or Chamizo get gold this year.

If this is true, of course.
You’re saying Burroughs of all people doesn’t care about medaling? Especially considering Burroughs has legitimate anger about the NYC RTC situation. That’s a little much, it really is curious about why people doubt Burroughs

Back