NCAA Wrestling

Anyone watch the Cornell/OSU dual on flo? Womack hit the weirdest cradle on Rodgers. Id love some opinions on it.

That peterson was freaking sweet. I have actually never seen someone hit a peterson from a backdoor finish like that. That cradle was pretty odd, it was low leg cradle but with Rogers leg bent and the cradle wrapped around his ankle. Odd position, hard to describe.

Season really starts heating up from here out. Midlands and scuffle this week! Both have some great weights. Looking forward to IMar/Jordan/Marinelli at Midlands for 165. 174 at the scuffle might be the best bracket we see all year until 184 at nationals. Realbuto, Kent, Lujan, Crutchmer, Ramos and Mark Hall.

Season really starts heating up from here out. Midlands and scuffle this week! Both have some great weights. Looking forward to IMar/Jordan/Marinelli at Midlands for 165. 174 at the scuffle might be the best bracket we see all year until 184 at nationals. Realbuto, Kent, Lujan, Crutchmer, Ramos and Mark Hall.

I don't believe Issac Jordan will be competing at Midlands unfortunately according to some of the posts I read in another forum. 133, 141 and 184 are stacked.

174 Scuffle bracket is pretty awesome. Very much looking forward to it.

Where do you guys see Mark Hall placing? This could be his breakout.

Id be pretty shocked if Hall was anywhere but top 4 and I wouldn't be surprised if he won. The only thing about Hall that concerns me is his size. I still think Realbuto is undersized/too short for 174 but Hall is even shorter. Reminds me of when Mack Lewnes (also at 174) was unbeatable until he wrestled someone with some length and then he couldn't generate any offense.

The bigger question is wether his placement means PSU pulls his shirt. I still think they win without him so they may as well save him.

Id be pretty shocked if Hall was anywhere but top 4 and I wouldn't be surprised if he won. The only thing about Hall that concerns me is his size. I still think Realbuto is undersized/too short for 174 but Hall is even shorter. Reminds me of when Mack Lewnes (also at 174) was unbeatable until he wrestled someone with some length and then he couldn't generate any offense.

The bigger question is wether his placement means PSU pulls his shirt. I still think they win without him so they may as well save him.

My thoughts to a tee. Size is certainly a concern as exhibited by his loss earlier in the season where he just looked tiny comparatively speaking. I REALLY hope they don't pull his shirt because A) they don't need to and B) it's pretty clear he needs a year to grow more into the weight. I don't recall Cael pulling anyone's redshirt before so I am optimistic he stays the course here.

QUESTION ABOUT TRACK WRESTLING (HS).

A couple of weeks ago my son's team had a dual and my son won his 4 matches.
I noticed my son was only getting credit for 3 wins that day instead of 4 so I sent his coach an email.
My assumption was that the other team's coach had not entered the matches into TW.
My son's coach replied and advised that he himself had not entered those matches yet.

However he had already entered the other 3.

My question is . . . why would he wait?
Is there any benefit from waiting or purposely not entering matches into TW?
Could it have been because although my son won but other "good/high ranked" wrestlers on the team lost that there is a benefit in "preserving" their records while hindering my son's record for the better of the overall team ranking?

Just curious - Thanks,
US.

QUESTION ABOUT TRACK WRESTLING (HS).

A couple of weeks ago my son's team had a dual and my son won his 4 matches.
I noticed my son was only getting credit for 3 wins that day instead of 4 so I sent his coach an email.
My assumption was that the other team's coach had not entered the matches into TW.
My son's coach replied and advised that he himself had not entered those matches yet.

However he had already entered the other 3.

My question is . . . why would he wait?
Is there any benefit from waiting or purposely not entering matches into TW?
Could it have been because although my son won but other "good/high ranked" wrestlers on the team lost that there is a benefit in "preserving" their records while hindering my son's record for the better of the overall team ranking?

Just curious - Thanks,
US.
I don't know the coach but I hope that he's not purposely keeping out matches for some perceived "advantage", Line up wrestle and record the results

I don't know the coach but I hope that he's not purposely keeping out matches for some perceived "advantage", Line up wrestle and record the results

Thanks -
FYI: The coach is really a great person. Very nice and very generous with the wrestlers.

They usually do. For whatever reason the only tourney Cael entered was Reno and they didn't make it due to weather.

He didn't want to do the scuffle and then 2 tough duals in such a short time frame

Hall beats Casey Kent 9-4. Bunch of takedowns and RT.

Edit: he had a reversal too

Hall pins Preisch with a last second cement mixer. Down the whole match until he hit. Really good win. He should beat Crutchmer in the finals.

Preisch was huge compared to Hall. My stream was choppy so I missed the end. Last I saw, it was 3-1 Preisch.

Back