NCAA Wrestling

You guys see what Ben Askren posted about Jon Reader? That, according to Chris Bono, he lost 14.5lbs in 65 minutes. Normally I'd call bullshit.

But...I know that he has an actual medical condition that causes him to sweat far more than the normal human being. To the point that he is on medication for it. That he has been rushed to the ER after a practice or workout because he literally can't move he's that cramped up.

That's a dream come true for any wrestler. Imagine being able to just drill for 20 minutes before weigh ins and drop 5-6lbs lol I know my guys would love it

You guys see what Ben Askren posted about Jon Reader? That, according to Chris Bono, he lost 14.5lbs in 65 minutes. Normally I'd call bullshit.

But...I know that he has an actual medical condition that causes him to sweat far more than the normal human being. To the point that he is on medication for it. That he has been rushed to the ER after a practice or workout because he literally can't move he's that cramped up.

That's a dream come true for any wrestler. Imagine being able to just drill for 20 minutes before weigh ins and drop 5-6lbs lol I know my guys would love it

I can definitely see it fully hydrated.

I was a HWT os it's obviously different but I lost around 12lbs once in around an hour.

I went to summer tournament on a whim and most summer tournaments were Unlimited for HWT at the time (99-03) and during football season I'd get into the 280s.

Showed up to the tournament found out I had to drop from 287 to 275 and dropped it in about an hour using plastics. Before that I didn't realize how effective plastics were because I never had to cut weight before lol.

Just during tough practices I'd lose about 7-8lbs of water weight

I can definitely see it fully hydrated.

I was a HWT os it's obviously different but I lost around 12lbs once in around an hour.

I went to summer tournament on a whim and most summer tournaments were Unlimited for HWT at the time (99-03) and during football season I'd get into the 280s.

Showed up to the tournament found out I had to drop from 287 to 275 and dropped it in about an hour using plastics. Before that I didn't realize how effective plastics were because I never had to cut weight before lol.

Just during tough practices I'd lose about 7-8lbs of water weight

I'm beyond jealous. When fully hydrated I could lose about 7lbs in an hour with plastics. I heard Reader 23lbs in a 2hr practice and that's when he had to be hospitalized and found out about his disorder.

Wow, I’ve heard stories about him but that’s beyond ridiculous. Especially when foley is a private school kid who went to UVA. Jesus

I have met Foley, when he was living in Chicago (maybe he still does?), he has got to be the most annoying guy you will ever meet, when you are having a casual conversation he will start firing questions at you like he is interviewing you for one of his articles. He is a real ego maniac as well, the guy thinks he is the smartest motherfucker in the world.

I have met Foley, when he was living in Chicago (maybe he still does?), he has got to be the most annoying guy you will ever meet, when you are having a casual conversation he will start firing questions at you like he is interviewing you for one of his articles. He is a real ego maniac as well, the guy thinks he is the smartest motherfucker in the world.
Wow, just wow lol

But not surprising

Saw that coming. Seems to be pretty folkstyle-centric so I'm interested to see what Ryan can do for him if he pursues an international career. His freestyle record has some head-scratchers on there against guys he's a lot more talented than imo.

Oklahoma state is going to win it this year.. or Ohio state.. for some reason I don't think Penn state will do it
5 returning champs might not all repeat but will be there. I think Suriano gets gold if healthy too. Nevilles and McCuthen should go top 8 too. Good luck

I think PSU wins too. Iowa and tOSU have a shot though.

Guilibon lost to some unranked guy Ive never heard of from EMU yesterday. His lack of D1 success is really confusing to me. I thought he was a sure thing coming out of HS.
He’s definitely had more trouble since going up to 141 last year, after All American Sophomore at 133

If that’s snippy, you’re more sensitive than most. You’re in good hands. I know how to treat a lady.
You understand I was joking correct? Either way, actually pay attention to the dates and keep up to date so discussions can be productive

Back