NCAA Wrestling

I'm honestly afraid someone spoils that Lee/Suriano match. I think Lee could lose in the semis. I hope not but it's possible. There are a lot of tough guys at 125.

They are on opposite sides fo the bracket so thats step one.

It doesn't look like Downey or Imar will be competing this year. 149 looks like it could be a wild bracket. After Sorensen there doesn't seem to be a real front runner for the next best wrestler. Lugo, Tsirtsis, Deakin, O'connor, Oliver.

Lee had a quick pin in the first match. Next he has a solid Travis Piotrowski (NCAA qualifier went 1-2) and if he wins that he has All American Sean Russell from Edinboro

Lee just teched #15 Piotrowski with 1:24 left in the second period 17-2.... He'll most likely see #7 Russel next and #10 Bresser after that.

@Te Huna Matata @jack36767 @youngsteinel and anyone else who might have Flow

Has the streaming been better this year?

I never got it in the past because it seemed like shit product but the hype of Lee, Fix and the stacked wieghtclasses overall have me itching to subscribe.

It doesn't look like Downey or Imar will be competing this year. 149 looks like it could be a wild bracket. After Sorensen there doesn't seem to be a real front runner for the next best wrestler. Lugo, Tsirtsis, Deakin, O'connor, Oliver.
Why would Imar be out this year? Injury? This is his last year no? Has he redshirted yet?

@Te Huna Matata @jack36767 @youngsteinel and anyone else who might have Flow

Has the streaming been better this year?

I never got it in the past because it seemed like shit product but the hype of Lee, Fix and the stacked wieghtclasses overall have me itching to subscribe.
I’ve only streamed a couple times but Vegas’ love streaming during early rounds wasn’t bad

Yanni just embarrassed Thorn 18-4.
These new young guys coming up are just incredibly good for their age. Its rare that so many cadet/junior age kids come in and make such an immediate impact on the senior and/or NCAA DI scene. But between Mark Hall, Daton Fix, Gable Steveson, Yianni, Lee, etc, they are seemingly ready for the highest levels. And then you have Kamal Bey and a few others on the Greco side. Very bright future for USA Wrestling.

I think the Midlands
Aaaahhhh right. Midlands is such an awesome tournament. There has been a ton of MMA guys compete in Midlands over the years, many of them did so as non DI wrestlers.
Anthony Rumble Johnson (JUCO)
Ricardo Lamas (D III)
Waylon Lowe (D II)
Kamaru Usman (D II)
Phil Baroni (JUCO)
Derek Brunson (D II)
Vladimir Matyushenko (JUCO)
Corey Anderson (D III)
Matt Hamill (D III)
have all competed at Midlands. Some of them did quite well. One midlands story I found very cool was Alexis Vila. After defecting to the USA and already being a world champ and Olympic medalist he shows up at Midlands unattached and runs through everyone. The college kids in his weight mustve shit their pants when they saw him in their bracket.

Aaaahhhh right. Midlands is such an awesome tournament. There has been a ton of MMA guys compete in Midlands over the years, many of them did so as non DI wrestlers.
Anthony Rumble Johnson (JUCO)
Ricardo Lamas (D III)
Waylon Lowe (D II)
Kamaru Usman (D II)
Phil Baroni (JUCO)
Derek Brunson (D II)
Vladimir Matyushenko (JUCO)
Corey Anderson (D III)
Matt Hamill (D III)
have all competed at Midlands. Some of them did quite well. One midlands story I found very cool was Alexis Vila. After defecting to the USA and already being a world champ and Olympic medalist he shows up at Midlands unattached and runs through everyone. The college kids in his weight mustve shit their pants when they saw him in their bracket.

I don't know about now, but years ago the Midlands was a tougher tournament than the NCAA, because it is an open and you had guys who were no longer in college still wrestling in it. Joe Williams won the Midlands several times after he had graduated from college.

Back